Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Beta 0.6.5 Build 431 download link here
Posted by: Bill
Date: August 21, 2002 03:05PM

For those wanting to test the beta:

"This beta is not intended for use and is for developers only" etc. etc. ..
here

http://kmeleon.sf.net/files/beta/kmeleon065-beta.exe

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Beta 0.6.5 Build 431 download link here
Posted by: sven
Date: August 21, 2002 03:17PM

That etc stuff was the most important part. Please do us favour and post it entirely.

Posted by: Jeff
Date: August 21, 2002 04:38PM

That build was rushed out in a hurry, and it has a lot of bugs. I strongly recommend resisting the urge to install it and waiting patiently a few more days until a "release candidate" build is available.

-- Jeff

Posted by: Jason Foss
Date: August 21, 2002 05:16PM

If you want something stable 'out of the box', do not download the developers build. It has a few 'quirks' which takes some tuning to get it to work correctly.

Jason

Posted by: James Bond
Date: August 22, 2002 01:28PM

Too late.

Posted by: Tzafrir Cohen
Date: September 02, 2002 11:00PM

Thanks for putting this beta on-line.

One major problem with this beta (at least for me): when following a link it won't automatically refresh the content of the page. You have to somehow "manually" refresh the content (e.g: by scrolling down and up)

Is there any "refresh screen" option? Something like Ctrl-L on lynx? Am I the only one with such a problem? (please confirm/deny, but not to many MeToo-s). Is there any other workaround?

(There are some other issues worth reporting, but not here. When I'll be able to browse the bugzilla with KM, I'll report them ;-) )

Date: September 03, 2002 12:16AM

I believe most of the bugs are fixed, they just need to be put up onto cvs and release a new build. Hopefully shortly. You will want to check the developers mailing list to see what has been reported/fixed before posting bugs in the developers build. This is the reason why the developers wanted people to subscribe to the list before they used it, maybe they will be aware of the development that is going on around it.

Also remember this build was put out in a rush at the last minute, so it is more unstable than usual.

I have noticed some screen problems with this build, but nothing exactly like you mention.

Posted by: ThatDude
Date: September 04, 2002 06:25AM

Now Now,,whats this all about,I thought the public could not have access to a beta unless they first sign up through the dev list,,so much for security.And by the way since ya did anyway could'nt have at least let the public at least have a functioning beta,,I mean jesh,sounds like you don't even have bars and buttons on the damn thing.You guys must be out of your minds,,what kinda @!#$ is this.Thanks but no thanks,,the whatever it is may blow up if i push what may appear to be a button...What a damn
joke,,clowns,,clowns,,clowns,,
junk,junk,junk.
Get your @!#$ straight.That does it ,,I've had it with this crap.I'm outa here.

Date: September 04, 2002 12:05PM

"I've had it with this crap.I'm outa here"

Haven't we heard this before?

Posted by: Andrew
Date: September 04, 2002 02:43PM

Just to clarify anyone who's reading some of the earlier comments and might be confused by the misinformation being put out by one visitor to the site:

1) The betas are intended for testing and we always state upfront that they will contain bugs that might make the beta act up or even crash. They are not intended for regular use. If you don't want to test the betas, don't download them and don't install them.

2) We have never said that the public can't have access to the betas. However, we don't announce the betas here unless they are intended for general use. They are always accessible via the developers mailing list and the archives in SF. Since they are intended for testing, there may be announcements with the release of the beta that will explain what needs to be tested and what is not working. That is why we don't just blindly post a link up for anyone to download. But that has never stopped anyone from getting a beta if they want it. Of course, as always, you can download and compile the latest code from CVS.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.