Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
How about a progress report
Posted by: :)
Date: September 08, 2002 03:06PM

Hey Andrew how about a progress report on .7 Where do we stand on it right now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How about a progress report
Posted by: David Tenser
Date: September 08, 2002 06:04PM

Why, oh why isn't there an easy way of downloading the latest beta version of K-Meleon?! I want to install 0.7 but I can't because a link to a .zip or .exe is not available *anywhere* on this site! WHY?!?!

Don't the developers want users to test their software?!

Posted by: KC
Date: September 08, 2002 08:52PM

Beta-testers have to subscribe to the mailing-list to get progrees updates and links to latest betas...

Posted by: po
Date: September 08, 2002 09:01PM

there is no 0.7 yet... the developers *do* want people to _test_ the beta versions, but that means staying in touch with what's going on with them, since the first five things you're going to notice being broken are already well known, and patches are available, announced on the dev list...<HINT>there's a link to the archives on the signup page.</HINT>

if this seems like too much trouble, then you really don't *want* the last beta version, since more effort than this is involved just in getting it working after the initial installation... that said, have at it!

Posted by: Al.
Date: September 09, 2002 02:09AM

Yep, the latest beta is definately one to avoid, unless you like torturing yourself (only kidding!).
As for the dev lists, they are freely accessible without having to sign up at all, just follow the links Po has provided. But still, it is advisable to mail any bug reports etc (after reading the archives) to the dev lists, as this is where the developers pay attention. Sometimes they look at these forums in times of calm, however it's not all that often (which is why calls for development updates fall on deaf ears).

btw, smiling smiley (smilyface), Andrew handles the documentation for K-Meleon, he doesn't update the homepage or anything, as he has his own website to manage.

Posted by: :}
Date: September 09, 2002 11:52PM

Al I wasn't aware that Andrew was busy or what he handles on this project. Sorry Andrew! He has responded to them before and that is why I wrote it.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.