suggestions for 0.8
Posted by: joe
Date: January 24, 2003 07:36AM

great browser you have and it's great you want to improve it even more, my suggestions:

1. let me make it my default browser
2. make it so links change color after they've been visited
3. when the browser can't find a page, a screen loads saying so.
a. when i go back after this happens, i don't go back to the last good page but the page before that. make it so i go back to the last good page.
b. or just replace it with a popup saying what happened.
4. beat mozilla to the punch and make a stand alone email client based on mozilla.
5. when i pull down the drop down menu in the URL bar of pages i've typed in recently and i let my mouse hover over one of the links, but then i close the list without selecting one of the links, a link will load anyway. make it so it doesn't do that.
6. after typing in a url into the url bar, the url in the url bar stays highlighted and if i twirl my mouse while the link is still highlighted, a new link from the drop down menu in the url bar is loaded. end this as well

thanks.

Re: suggestions for 0.8
Posted by: asmpgmr
Date: January 24, 2003 04:06PM

2. http://tln.lib.mi.us/~amutch/pro/kmeleon/khistfiles.htm
3. In prefs.js add this line - user_pref("browser.xul.error_pages.enabled", false);
4. AOL/TW is (was?) working on something called AOL Communicator which is email client/address book/instant messenger.
5. There's a bug opened for this issue in the bug tracking system (bug 313).
6. Related to above issue.

Posted by: Artem S. Tashkinov
Date: January 25, 2003 01:45PM

1. Anytime you can do that using you hands just go to -> Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types and change http:// and htm protocols
2. It'll be done when gecko engin starts doing that, by now it can't (only if you revisit the page you'll see the difference)
4. Start "mozilla -mail" and don't use mozilla itself
winking smiley))

Posted by: Stefan
Date: January 25, 2003 03:43PM

> 2. It'll be done when gecko engin starts doing that, by now it can't (only if you revisit the page you'll see the difference)

Phoenix already does that, so to implement it the devs would only have to look at the diffs between moz and pnx in that area and do a cut'n'pase to get it into K-Mel smiling smiley

> 4. beat mozilla to the punch and make a stand alone email client based on mozilla.

The standalone mailclient is pretty much just waiting for GRE ( http://www.mozilla.org/projects/embedding/MRE.html ) to be implemented correctly in mozilla trunk. Once that's done (it's one of the major things happening for 1.3 final) it shouldn't take too long before it's available.
At least rumour has it that standalone mail was finished a few months ago, but there was no point in releasing it since it needed it's own engine until GRE was finished.

Posted by: istari
Date: February 11, 2003 06:27PM

joe:
"6. after typing in a url into the url bar, the url in the url bar stays highlighted and if i twirl my mouse while the link is still highlighted, a new link from the drop down menu in the url bar is loaded. end this as well"

asmpgmr:
"5. There's a bug opened for this issue in the bug tracking system (bug 313).
6. Related to above issue."

YES!! Thank-you Jesus!! fix that and I'll name my first-born after you! (Just how the hell do you pronounce "asmpgmr" anyway...? ;-)

Posted by: MaxAuthority
Date: February 11, 2003 11:04PM

I would just pronounce "asmpgmr" as "Assembler programmer" but I am not if this is true(ly pronounced) - probably not the best choice for a child, espacially if it is femail winking smiley

Posted by: Jim
Date: February 12, 2003 08:45PM

I've long thought that if one of you people who know what you're doing, unlike me, were to develop an e-mail program to work specificially with K-Meleon, that would be a wonderful thing.

The only e-mail clients I've found that work with K-M's send link/send text are Outlook Express and Netscape/Mozilla mail. I'd kind of like to do without either one. And if an e-mail client were to use K-M to view HTML e-mails, that would be great.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: February 13, 2003 12:29AM

Stefan,

re:: <Phoenix already does that, so to implement it the devs would >

Could you elaborate on this specifically as to where the change needs to be implemented? I assume from your post that it is NOT in the Gecko engine itself, so it could be something we could cut and paste as you suggest IF we knew exactly what that involved! <g>

Tks,

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.