Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
I GIVE UP!
Posted by: Adam
Date: February 19, 2003 05:31PM

Good luck everyone , I give up! Simple things like getting real player and other plug -ins to work and now trying to get live360.com player to launch is just a hassle. The other browsers were so much easier to deal with in these regards. These hassles and the time wasted trying just to download a player like the live360.com and have it work instead of loading and reloading and reloading and reloading with nothing is just a big waste of time. Good luck and hope down the road this K-Meleon becomes ALOT more user friendly and not as much of a hassle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I GIVE UP!
Posted by: Andrew
Date: February 19, 2003 07:02PM

Adam,

Why did you post on every single forum board?

Unfortunately, the browser plugins don't always play nice with browsers that don't have a big spinning "e". We try and work with the plugin people to get their plugins to recognize our browser but sometimes they don't want to be bothered with us.

There are plenty of people who can assist you but if you don't want to be bothered, then we can't help you.

Posted by: pullockaran
Date: March 14, 2003 04:03PM

Dear Adam what are you after in a browser. It is meant to browse the web in the fastest possible time if I am not wrong. K-Meleon is a browser and nothing else. We like it lite and please do not corrupt Andrews head into making a fat Monitor Lizard out of this wonderful K-Meleon. Andrew for the love of the internet please do not be perturbed by such remarks. If Adam is so keen on a fast but bloated browser let him use OPERA instead....there are very few who like fat chicks anyway.

Posted by: Batts
Date: March 25, 2003 09:20AM

Talking of fat chicks........... a joke.....

Whay have Mopeds and fat chicks got in common?

They're both fun to ride until you friends catch you with one. hahahaha

Posted by: Chelle
Date: March 31, 2003 04:20AM

HEY NOW! Female present! and NO, I'm not even close to FAT! But still...!!!! there might be one out there in the 'space' you know??!!

Posted by: pullockaran
Date: April 15, 2003 01:28PM

Sorry Chelle about the fat chick stuff but if you must know I have a fat cick for a wife for the past 9 years and I am happy as hell.

Posted by: Fulvio Perini
Date: April 18, 2003 05:56PM

I don't know about the comparison with Opera. with Opera 7.03, I find a total of 7.6 MB, installed. That's devided about equally between the program, and the stuff in Application Data. KM has 22.9 MB, installed. And, even if I deduct the plugins, which I copied from Mozilla, I can get to about 19. In all fairness, I dumped the Cache.
I don't know if there is anything else which belongs to Opera, but that is what I see on my HD. And, just for the heck of it, I checked Phoenix. It is 17.3 MB.
I am not including this because I don't like KM, and/or prefer any of the other browser, but to say that Opera or even Phoenix are bloated, it is a stretch.

Posted by: asmpgmr
Date: April 18, 2003 07:00PM

WRONG - K-Meleon 0.7.1 (SP1) which is based on Mozilla 1.2 uses 12 megabytes of disk space. Go to a DOS box a type dir /s \Program Files\K-Meleon

Mozilla does indeed use around 22 megabytes of disk space.

Opera uses less disk space because the executable files are compressed which is why zip.dll is present so this isn't even a fair comparison, if the Opera files were uncompressed then it would use a whole lot more disk space.

As for the M$-Borg(tm) browser, it uses the most disk space of all (and is the buggiest) but should really be removed from the system with IEradicator - http://www.litepc.com

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.