Future development (beyond 0.8)
Posted by: asmpgmr
Date: February 25, 2003 08:27PM

Andrew,

I know a lot of work is planned for K-Meleon 0.8 but I was wondering if after that there was any chance of the currently defunct Weasel mini-email client being resurrected ? From what's in the CVS source tree it looks like the intention was to check for new mail and read new mail but use an external program via mailto: to send mail.

Also would it be possible to use Mozilla's mailnews code but with a native OS interface much like K-Meleon currently does for the browser code ? I know they wrote the mfcembed code which was used as the basis for K-Meleon but the actual rendering and networking DLLs are the same so it would stand the reason the same thing could be done with the mailnews code.

Re: Future development (beyond 0.8)
Posted by: Andrew
Date: February 25, 2003 10:02PM

asmpgmr,

Are you volunteering to do that?
smiling smiley

Seriously, no, there's been no discussion of that. If someone wants to come in and take that on, we could provide the development support to do that but other than that, I don't see if being done any time soon.

Re: Future development (beyond 0.8)
Posted by: MonkeeSage
Date: February 26, 2003 06:31AM

Cf: http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/mail

Once that project is underway, perhaps they will support mail/news embedding, and then it may be wrapped loike Gecko...I haven't heard much about it though.

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.