Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Fixes and updates
Posted by: asmpgmr
Date: March 10, 2003 03:33PM

Andrew,

Is anything happening with the fixes submitted by myself and MonkeeSage ? I'm using MonkeeSage's Mozilla 1.2.1 build with fixes for these (and a patch for 313) and they all work well.

266 - Fix multiple simultaneous downloads from the same window
297 - Save As filename/filetype fixes
306 - Remove unnecessary URL: text
313 - Prevent auto-select while scrolling in focused URL bar history
381 - Add Force Reload
387 - Add Save Frame As

Once the new global history plugin is tested then bug 291 can be closed. Also bugs 60 and 270 both look like DDE issues and can probably be closed.

Also have you and the devs considered building the next release or service pack against Mozilla 1.2.1 instead of the beta ? Any chance of making a 0.7.5 since there seems to be many good changes since 0.7.1 (SP1) ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fixes and updates
Posted by: Andrew
Date: March 10, 2003 08:29PM

asmpgmr,

I haven't had a chance to sort through them all yet. I was hoping to do that this weekend but didn't get the time. I'll try to go over those in the next day or two. Still, the developer's have been discussing some of the changes. One thing they have asked is that future patches be submitted as diffs and each fix submitted separately. That will helps us out in sorting the code and testing the patches. I've already tested several of the patches and they look good. Once we get those all tested, I'll work on marshalling those through the checkin process.

We haven't discussed another release yet. We've been mainly focused on our work list for 0.8. That's being finalized. I think we'll look towards another SP release once we have a better idea on how far down the road 0.8 is looking. As far as building on 1.2.1 or the beta, it will depend if there are any compatability issues. We don't want to have a SP that has to bundle in all of the Mozilla components just for minor updates. Are there items in 1.2.1 that we should be looking at that weren't included in the beta?

Date: March 10, 2003 08:42PM

Andrew,

I can certainly submit any future fixes separately. I'm sorry but I have no way of creating diffs since I don't have win32 development tools on my system. If I did then I would build the current CVS tree plus fixes and not keep asking for the latest plugins and a new release or service pack.

There's nothing specifically that I know of in 1.2.1 that isn't in the beta so I guess that's really not an issue.

Date: March 10, 2003 09:23PM

asmpgmr,

Can MonkeeSage help out with diffs? I know you two have been working together on code.

Sorry that we can't commit to more frequent updates. I'm hoping that some of our end users might step up to assist with that. It's just that we don't want to start a process that we can't commit to keeping up long-term. The current release cycle seems to work with the time limitations that the current development team have. We do appreciate the suggestions and encouragement though. It helps keep the developers focused on getting fixes addressed in a timely fashion.

Date: March 11, 2003 06:35AM

asmpgmr,

I've submitted the patches for:

313 - Prevent auto-select while scrolling in focused URL bar history
381 - Add Force Reload

Once I hear back from you on:

387 - Add Save Frame As

I'll submit that as well.

I'm working with the developers on coordinating the patches for the other two bugs as there is some dependencies involved.

Date: March 11, 2003 03:47PM

Andrew,

The fixes for 297 and 387 are now co-dependent and should be considered as one since the updates basically make the save functionality consistent for all saves.

Also I'm pretty sure MonkeeSage's fix for 266 is dependent on 297/387 and changes Mozilla code to properly handle multiple simultaneous saves.

What about 306 ? Do we techies have to patch "URL:" out of K-Meleon with every release ?

Date: March 11, 2003 06:31PM

"What about 306?"

I'll see if we can hook up a preference. I haven't heard any of the developers express a preference to turn that off by default.

Date: March 11, 2003 06:56PM

The other fixes are certainly far more important than 306 but adding a preference for what would amount to a simple one-line change (and one parameter at that) doesn't seem worth it. I can't imagine anyone complaining if that was removed but several people besides myself have expressed a dislike for it being there and have patched it out.

Regarding the save fixes, all four saves (Save As, Save Frame As, Save Link As, Save Image As) should work consistently as far as filename and filetype determination goes. Save As/Save Frame As should also allow save web page complete while the other two should not. Note Save Frame As web page complete will actually save the entire web page, not just the frame contents because of the way Mozilla's SaveDocument function works.

Date: March 23, 2003 03:28PM

Andrew,

Were any of my fixes approved ??

Also you can close several of the bugs which I opened in the bug tracking system:
291 - fixed
302 - a minor manual issue
307 - probably not doable
351 - isn't really needed
376 - not important
408 - what I wanted isn't doable

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.