Beta History plugin
Posted by: K
Date: March 19, 2003 11:34PM

Rather odd behaviour. After I installed the beta plug-in (incl. the associated additions to the config files, as per the instructions), CTRL-H now takes me to this URL:

http://store.yahoo.com/youcansave/kwickpick.html

Having no recollection of ever having visited store.yahoo.com at all, I tried figuring out where this URL was coming from. Well, it seems that the Hotlist plugin (which I have installed but don't use - since I never use IE) has, among many others, such a page in its bookmarks. How or why this is connected to CTRL-H and the history plugin is beyond me.

My k-meleon install is a standard install + the service pack + the history beta plugin. Running Win98 with IE 5.5.

I usually have the loader running, but killed it before installing the beta history plugin.

I tried deleting the history.txt file, but that changed nothing.

Any ideas?

/K

Re: Beta History plugin
Posted by: MonkeeSage
Date: March 19, 2003 11:37PM

Check accels.cfg and see what "CTRL H =" points to, and then set it to:

CTRL H = history(View)

smiling smiley

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: March 20, 2003 01:19AM

As I explicitly said, I *followed the instructions*.

That included changing the CTRL-H accelerator from the home page function (which worked, btw!) to the history function. In other words, the only place that CTRL H is mentioned in my accels.cfg file is as follows:

%ifplugin history
CTRL H = history(View)
%endif

IOW, exactly what I pasted into it from the instructions.

> smiling smiley

Initially, I interpreted this as smugness, but I'll chose not to do so upon further consideration.

/K

Posted by: MonkeeSage
Date: March 20, 2003 01:27AM

K:

I, just this minute, on wondering what instructions you were talking about, saw the page for the beta history plugin--I hadn't even looked at the page untill just now. So, no, I was not trying to be smug, and no I would not have said anything at all if I had looked at the page first. I was honestly trying to help. Sorry if I offended.

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: March 20, 2003 02:38AM

As I said, open further reflection I chose *not* to interpret your message in a negative fashion.

My immediate reaction was a bit negative, but I was tired and in a somewhat foul mood to begin with, so I decided I was probably just overinterpreting your comments.

Fortunately, this turned out to be the case ;-)

I very much hope that *someone* can think of what I could be doing wrong (or what could be going wrong). Clearly, all is not "well" and the error could very well lie with me in some fashion - I just don't know how!

The odd thing is that the CTRL H worked before (i.e. redirected to "home page"). This would lead me to conclude that the beta history plugin *is* being invoked. But why is some, apparently random, bookmark from the Favorites chosen? (I said Hotlist previously - that was an error - the correct list is the Favorites). The selected bookmark is neither the first nor the last. Not in the order presented (alpha), nor in any other plausible order I could think of. There seems to be nothing that distinguishes that particular link from any of the other 30 or so contained in the Favorites list.

Strange.

/K

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.