Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
K-Meleon 0.8 Beta Build 833
Posted by: Andrew
Date: October 24, 2003 02:03AM

The latest K-meleon 0.8 beta is available for testing. This build is built on the Mozilla 1.5 release code with the patch for GDI leaks included (it wasn't included in the final release of Mozilla 1.5).

This is version 0.8 Build 833. You can check the version number by selecting Help - About K-Meleon. The version number is listed at the bottom of the window.

The following are known issues with this beta build:

* Possible crashes in Windows 95
* Autoscroll problem causing crashes
* View Certificates causes browser to lock up
* Accept or View cookies causes problems with browser

Please download and test this build and report all bugs to the developers
list.

kmeleon-dev@lists.sourceforge.net

If you post reports to the K-Meleon Forums, please include the build number with your report.

You can download the beta here:

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/files/kmeleon08rc.zip

Andrew

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon 0.8 Beta Build 833
Posted by: Andrew
Date: October 24, 2003 12:25PM

I should note that the current beta is in ZIP format. Simply extract the files to your preferred location and run the k-meleon executable to get started!

Posted by: Meehowski
Date: October 28, 2003 02:27PM

Thank you Andrew.........Mike

P.S.-I've been utilizing 0.7.1 all A.M.

I am impressed.........be well.......

Mike

Posted by: Roel
Date: October 29, 2003 11:40PM

Very nice, and so much faster then IE, Mozilla or even Firebird on my 300MHz/64mb pc. Thanks for all your efforts!

Posted by: Tar
Date: October 30, 2003 07:15PM

KM 0.8.0 Build 833 doesn't honor browser.tabs.loadInBackground=true and always focuses new layer created with middle click.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: October 30, 2003 09:27PM

Tabs don't exist in K-Meleon, so that pref doesn't apply. In Accelerators, change:

MButton = layers(OpenLink)

to:

MButton = layers(OpenLinkBg)

Posted by: Tar
Date: October 31, 2003 06:45PM

Perfect smiling smiley

Now if only I could increase the default layer button size from 112px to 250px as it is in Mozilla... winking smiley

Posted by: jsnj
Date: October 31, 2003 06:51PM
Posted by: Fulvio Perini
Date: November 01, 2003 04:36PM

"This build is built on the Mozilla 1.5 release code with the patch for GDI leaks included (it wasn't included in the final release of Mozilla 1.5)."

Andrew, do you mean that the patch for GDI leaks is missing in Mozilla1.5, or the code was not available?

Posted by: Fulvio Perini
Date: November 01, 2003 04:42PM

File not available on server. I guess I came too late.

Posted by: Dominik
Date: November 02, 2003 10:26PM

@Fulvio Perini

hmmm, I use Mozilla 1.5 on Win98 and the Bugfix for excessive GDI handle caching (this is the reason for the crashes - it seems you should not cache GDI handles, but Mozilla does) is INCLUDED in 1.5!
I mean, 1.4 crashed often for me, 1.4.1 fixed this and it is still fixed in 1.5.
1.5 hasn't crashed once, and whatever these people complain about must be another bug. I can confirm using the resource meter, too, that the GDI handles get released and not cached forever.

I would like to know which patch was included in Kmeleon that wasn't in Mozilla 1.5...

I also want to say that Kmeleon is a nice, very fast browser. It lacks some comfort features and I have a fast computer, so I will continue to use Mozilla.
But Kmeleon shows how fast a Gecko Based browser is with a native GUI, very important for older Computers.

Dominik

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.