Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
How to write a zip browser plug-in?
Posted by: Ilya Minkov
Date: November 23, 2003 06:12PM

Hello.

I'm willing to write a plug-in which would enable me to view documentation or leeched sites right from a ZIP file using KMeleon.

I just wanted to spend little time with it, so i wanted to ask whether there is any way to intercept not only URL requests, but also any read requests and respond to them with a custom data stream? Or do i have to write a selective unpacker which would need to parse HTML files all by itself and determine files to unpack???

-eye

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to write a zip browser plug-in?
Posted by: Ilya Minkov
Date: November 30, 2003 04:06PM

I'm very disappointed by your unfriendlieness. All i expected is a yes/no or a simple pointer to docs i have to take a closer look at. I expected that it would be easier for you who know the system already to type a few words than for me to read everything and poke at random...

I give up on you. I'll try to hack together a plug-in to some web server... Then i can use it with other browsers as well...

-eye/midiclub

Posted by: boogomatic
Date: November 30, 2003 04:21PM

The reason you did not get any response is probably because no one knows how to do what you are asking. The developers rarely read these posts, the use the developers mailing list.
There is this document, I've no idea if it will help you though.

Posted by: rmn
Date: December 01, 2003 08:52AM

Yes, the right place to ask such technical questions is the developer list (try the "Get Involved" link or the Home page). However, expect responses to be given next year since the programmers seem to be having a holiday right now.

Posted by: rmn
Date: December 01, 2003 09:13AM

Oops. The holiday probably hasn't come yet. Ulf just checked the BTS two days ago. smiling smiley

It's good to have as many plugins as possible. A plugin to open zip files will be really great.

Posted by: Jay
Date: December 25, 2003 04:00PM

eye, if you set your expectations lower you might be less disappointed! - I'd hate to see you loose interest in doing this plugin, just because you didn't get an answer...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.