Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
help w/ a simple macro
Posted by: david
Date: December 14, 2003 09:13PM

Hello,
I have added a few new macros & menu items to my 0.8.1 install, but this one doesn't seem to work. Can someone point out the error(s)? smiling smiley

In the macros.cfg:

gotobugs {
menu = "K-Meleon Bugs";
open("kmeleon.sourceforge.net/bugs");
}

in the menus.cfg:

&Help {
K-Meleon Homepage = ID_LINK_KMELEON_HOME
K-Meleon Forums = ID_LINK_KMELEON_FORUM
macros(gotobugs)
-
User's Guide\tF1 = ID_LINK_KMELEON_MANUAL
FAQ = ID_LINK_KMELEON_FAQ
-
Installed Plugins = ID_LINK_ABOUT_PLUGINS
-
About K-Meleon... = ID_APP_ABOUT
}

I have tried a number of alternate ways to code this, but all I get is a 0 in the URL field when I select "K-Meleon Bugs" from the (new) Help menu.

Thanks in advance! smiling smiley

david

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: help w/ a simple macro
Posted by: boogomatic
Date: December 14, 2003 10:11PM

Hey David

Your macro and menu entries work perfectly, there's nothing wrong there.
Take a careful look at the files, maybe there's a curly bracket missing somewhere.
I've pasted your above posted macro and help menu into my files and they work fine.

-boogomatic-

Date: December 15, 2003 11:04AM

Thanks for checking it out. It cleared up once I realized that k-meleon wasn't exiting fully when pressing Alt+F4 (i.e. all the windows were closed, but it stayed resident). After exiting km w/ Ctrl+Alt+F4, it worked fine upon relaunch. smiling smiley

Posted by: Brian
Date: December 16, 2003 10:35PM

Please explain exactly what these macros do. Many thanks.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: December 16, 2003 11:10PM

This particular macro just provided a link to a specified page in his Help menu.

Posted by: Bernard Mercier
Date: December 20, 2003 11:39AM

I had the problem too, but the reason is simple.

When you add to the prefs file, you have to quite K-M as well as the loader (see you system tray)

After restarting K-M the macro is availabel.

Bernard

Date: December 26, 2003 01:47AM

Bernard,
In my case, I did not have the loader running (I did not even intall it), but I noticed that it remained running invisibly when exiting w/ Alt+F4 (using TaskInfo, a sort of Task manager on steroids). It's odd that the normal kb shortcut for closing a program (Alt+F4) doesn't fully exit out of k-meleon.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: December 26, 2003 02:11AM

David,

It should exit out normally. It must have gotten hung up for some reason.

Date: December 27, 2003 11:59PM

Andrew,
Yes, normally Alt+F4 exits k-meleon as it should. However, on several occasions, I've noticed that she remains running in the bg, even though all the visible windows were closed. :\ If I ever notice anything consistently causing this behavior, I'll bring this up again. winking smiley

Posted by: Andrew
Date: December 29, 2003 05:33AM

David,

Are you hitting any https sites? We've seen reports of K-Meleon of leaving processes in the background running even after clearing the certificate dialogs.

Posted by: Marc (@box.)
Date: December 29, 2003 11:28AM

It happens if the user closes the certificate dialog, or the cookie dialog, by clicking the "cross" button in the title bar.

Date: January 06, 2004 12:42AM

Hello Andrew & Marc,
I have had k-meleon leave processes running in the bg even though I hadn't closed (or even opened) the certificate dialog box or the confirm cookie box by clicking the X button. Iirc, k-meleon had left bg processes running even if I didn't visit an https site, though I have been out of town much lately & haven't been paying as much attention to this as I should. winking smiley I also noticed that when it does leave bg processes running, it has eaten up a *lot* of memory, and on this POS box, I've only 64MB total, so this is another annoyance factor...

I'm going to check this out a bit and see what all I can do to make this reproducible. *fingers crossed*

Posted by: ra
Date: January 06, 2004 02:41AM

david,
I noticed that, too, but haven't been able to repro it with easy steps. ;-( Hopefully you'll have more luck than I had.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.