Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Drop down menu from toolbar button.
Posted by: Okatha
Date: January 14, 2004 09:29AM

Is it possible to have a drop down menu from a toolbar button? Previous to .8 I had pretty much everything consolidated onto the Bookmark down arrow button, but since the new version that got seriously broken for me.

So I was wondering if there was a way to have a menu drop from a button on the toolbar. I have the toolbar button, just no idea how to get a menu linked from it.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Drop down menu from toolbar button.
Posted by: MonkeeSage
Date: January 15, 2004 02:05AM

Don't get your hopes too high, but judging from a screenshot from jsnj on this thread:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=13233&t=13233

I asked the same question. I hope it is possible now! Thank would be great! smiling smiley)

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: January 15, 2004 12:36PM

Heh, that's the exact same thread that made me want to do it. (; I've searched all over the place but wasn't able to come up with anything useful.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: January 16, 2004 03:23AM

So I was wondering if there was a way to have a menu drop from a button on the toolbar.

Not directly. My pic shows a workaround. I use the Hotlist plugin's toolbar chevron as the button for a menu with the hotlist file being blank. I also use the Favorites toolbar chevron as a button menu for groups. I used to have submenus under the bookmarks menu but bookmark plugin icons override menuicons, so the submenus all appear as bookmark folders which I didn't want. If you wanna setup your unused bookmark plugins as button menus and you need help, let me know.

Date: January 16, 2004 12:27PM

Yes, that would be great jsnj. After reading more into the thread MonkeeSage pointed out, I enabled Hotlist too, but it doesn't seem to have the same chevron as the Bookmarks plugin does. Though I do wonder why the Bookmarks plugin would break the drop down menu, but not Favorites or Hotlist.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: January 16, 2004 06:30PM

Though I do wonder why the Bookmarks plugin would break the drop down menu, but not Favorites or Hotlist.

I'm not sure what you mean by "break" the dropdown menu. They all work the same for me. What I described in my previous post relating to submenus within the bookmark menu is applicable to the other 2. If the bookmark/hotlist/favorites files are blank then their menu icons won't override other menu icons.

Add the following to user.js:

user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.hotlist.chevron", true);

To get a different image in place of the chevron image you'll have to alter the hotlist.bmp file located in your skin folder. What skin are you using and what sort of menu items are you planning to list under the button?

Date: January 19, 2004 05:35AM

Aha, that user preference did the trick. Basically I wanted the original File, Edit, View, Help, etc etc dialogs that show up on their own toolbar in default to be consolidated under one drop down menu.

Ho&tlist {
&Open...\tCtrl+O = ID_FILE_OPEN
-
&K-Meleon Preferences = ID_PREFERENCES
:&File
:&Edit
:&View
:&Help
bmpmenu()
hotlist()
}

Though I still wonder why that works when I put it under the Hotlist button but crashes K-Meleon when I try to put it under the Bookmarks button.

Thanks very much for the help! (:

Oh and I'm using the Knoia skin, digging the small icons.

Posted by: MonkeeSage
Date: February 03, 2004 07:05AM

jsnj:

Thanks for the tips, I was hoping that there was a way to get arbitrary menus from toolbar buttons now...not that I can code it, but its fun to hope. winking smiley

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.