Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Pages: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Themes
Posted by: ndebord
Date: March 12, 2004 05:46AM

Al,

As long as you are going to make changes. <g,r&d>

I always liked the ones that used just a magnifying glass for the search button, which the original Early Blue designer didn't include at all. As for the rest, perhaps more fleshing out of comparable colors in the new buttons, but nothing else, until such time as all "youse" guys decide on improving KM again, perhaps ala MonkeeSage's
experimental builds!

<VBG>

N

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rapido
Date: March 15, 2004 06:46PM

Hi! again I want to tell you that Pinstripe theme is wanted by another Browser I discovered that when I was out on the net yesterday and just surfing around.
I hopr that they ask for permission from the original maker to port it to that other browser. By the way the browser is MyIE2.

Yours: Rapido

Date: March 27, 2004 11:43PM

Hi! I just want to let you all know that i've just uploaded seven new themes to themers page over at yahoo. There is a small problem with one of the themes that is named tripwired, there is some wrongsized images that has to be resized before using the theme. That is all for now from me.

Posted by: Al.
Date: March 28, 2004 01:19AM

Hmmm well after waiting a while and "testing the waters" so to speak, I have come to the conclusion that at the moment, and mainly due to lack of enthusiasm on the part of some, that any themes which need "fixing" may actually be better off fixed by the creator of said themes, which in this case is you Rapido. Personally at the moment I haven't got the spare time nor the inclination to be fixing any incomplete themes submitted by others, however I will help anybody out with some sound advice if any part or aspect of a theme needs to be fixed. So in this case feel free to post to the group or the forum about your particular theme related problem, and I'll get back to you in short time. Until then we'll just treat these new themes as "group exclusives and previews etc" until they are fixed and complete.

Date: March 28, 2004 03:53PM

Hi! Al I have fixed the theme and I will upload it right away.

Date: March 29, 2004 04:39PM

Hi! Al and everyone else for that mather I just want to let you know that i've updated one of the recent themes that was uploaded by me to yahoo. I discovered that one toolbar was to small so I resized it and now it should be okay.

Posted by: Eyes-Only
Date: March 29, 2004 09:34PM

Well, I don't actually have the lack of enthusiasm for making a theme, I'm just slow on a lot of things because I try to do a theme and keep up with my email and other things as well. So I'll lay it aside for a few days and then come back and work on it for several hours until the jerkiness in my hands get too bad and have to lay it aside again (for those unfamiliar with me I have MS along with several other illnesses). I worked almost all weekend on my latest theme, "KM-Nautipolis". But I'm taking a break today. I haven't decided if I'm going to add more to the menus (popups) or bundle it up. While the menus are quite full I like a fuller one, as anyone using the KM-BeOS and Netscape Modern can attest to. winking smiley

However, as to placing it up on the theme page here? To that I have my reservations (We American Indians have a lot of "reservations". hehe. Pardon the pun...) because I didn't closely adhere to "set standards". I'm used to just doing a theme, in my style, and that's it. I don't use standard-named .bmp bars inside, standard order for buttons, or anything. I'm pretty much pell-mell on what's easiest for me.

So the result is that I'll probably just offer the theme on my page when it's done and whatever anyone wants to do with it is their business. It's not like they're copyright, you know? LOL! I put my stuff out for people to have wicked fun in changing to their heart's content. smiling smiley

*ranting switch on:*

A problem that I DO have right now is that some Dev (and yes---I'm going to call a spade a spade here as I'm totally dissatisfied here and it shows damn it!) has come on the scene and has decided that he wants to change the inner-workings of the K-Meleon plugins and the way they do themes. So prepare yourselves themers (hint-hint Rapido who has all these themes under the belt!) as you'll SOON find your themes unuseable in the next version of K-Meleon that will probably be out over the next couple of months. All of our themes will have to be r-done according to some complicated methods beyond MY comprehension levels of brain damage. >sigh< :'(

*ranting switch off.*

Sorry for the rant but my plea and my questions on the Devlist as to why on earth it had to be changed, how did it actually improvement K-Meleon, seemed to have fell on deaf ears.

There's this this button in the Preferences of the Mozilla Suite that says, "Set default..." If K-Meleon is going to get complicated on me I might just as well press that button. Believe me... I've been tempted.

Sorry mates. It's been a depressing day...

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"

Posted by: rmn
Date: March 30, 2004 12:32PM

About the themes: I realise that I'm not good at all with image-editing, so I'll definitely skip that one or I will surely break them instead. I'll try fixing the config files if it needs to be done. Not now, though. I still have a few school projects haunting me.

@Eyes-Only:
I don't think it's that bad. I guess, when these theming-system modification has been implemented, there will be test builds for us to try out. Let's see then if it's really bad. Of course, the existing themes might be unusable, but at least it's only going to affect the text files; I don't think you need to redo the graphics. The point seems to be to ease the end-users as well as giving more freedom to themers. From what I understand, it will help themers place any images, in any order, without burdening the users to change the toolbar config file.

Date: March 30, 2004 09:54PM

Hi! RMN have you tried TBPaint? If not do try it it's been recomended by several people and it's the best image program I have tried out so far.
The link is: http://donkey.visualassembler.com/

Posted by: rmn
Date: March 31, 2004 10:12AM

Thanks, Rapido. I've tried it a little and it seems really helpful for theming. Now I can ditch MSPaint. smiling smiley

Date: April 12, 2004 08:19AM

*bump*

Will we ever let this thread dissapear into forum obscurity? No chance matey. For all those who are interested I've just got around to uploading some of Rapido's new themes (which were formally group exclusives) to the Wiki:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=RapidosReplicas2

Date: April 12, 2004 07:59PM

I've finished two themes which have been posted on my personal website in the K-Meleon section. They are semi-recreations of Alfred Kayser's "Nautipolis" and "Walnut" themes for Mozilla and now available for KM. Don't be upset with me Al but I've posted them on my page the way I "usually do them" with everything hooked up. If you'd like to place them on the Wiki with things hashed out then be my guest because once downloaded from my site I could care less what people do with them. hehe.

They can be found at:

http://eyesonly.no-ip.info/jimmymac/KMeleon/ in the "Themes" section. Please do note however that this K-Meleon section of my website is NOT yet finished and I have a lot more work to do. I've found it slow going as the past few weeks my MS has taken a sudden nose-dive.

Enjoy folks! I hope people like the themes.

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"

Date: April 12, 2004 08:06PM

Hmmm a bit of dissention in the ranks, I might have to send the Themes Gestapo after you to "make you conform". ;-)

Seriously though you're free to do whatever you want. Of course maybe for future prosperity and also for visitors to the K-Meleon website, I might get around to making some Wiki Friendly versions of your themes, as long as there isn't too much modifying to be done. :-)

Posted by: ndebord
Date: April 13, 2004 12:24AM

Al,

Much thanks for the theme postings. Wiki is definitely the spot for one site shopping for KM themes.

N

Date: April 13, 2004 01:32AM

Not a problem. Rapido is a little more spot-on with his latest theme ports, so much so that they usually do not require much more adjustment (if any at all) so there'll be less of a transition period now between when he uploads his latest creations to the Group and when I add them to the Wiki, so as to keep the masses happy.

Just had a look at Eyes-Only's latest themes as well, not too shabby I might add. So we might see some versions of those one on the Wiki before too long as well, if Eyes-Only doesn't mind us sharing his themes around.

Date: April 13, 2004 09:24PM

*pow*

Just when you though Rapido had gone to bed for some much needed rest, he has just supplied the Group with two new themes, which I have promptly added to the Wiki.

Polymer & RMacU are the newest of Rapido's Replicas, so have a blast and grab yourselves a copy of them.
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=RapidosReplicas2

Boy this thread is getting big...

Date: April 14, 2004 12:08AM

*kaboose*

Well just added Eyes-Only's themes to the Wiki as well. These are what I'd term "newbie friendly" modifications with all the extra buttons hashed out so as not to confuse new users when they install the theme and clcik on a button which doesn't have the corresponding macro in place initially. Of course when they do add the macros, all they then have to do is de-hash the button entries in the toolbars.cfg file.

Will this thread ever sleep...

Date: April 14, 2004 04:16AM

THANKS AL! Sorry, that wasn't a yell mate. winking smiley And no! no! No dissention among the ranks from me---I get about 500 hits a week to both my page and my network's page (my son's gets around 700---thank the Spirits for the t2!), and so I wanted to put up a page where people looking over my site could learn about KM. I also wanted to make my themes available from there as well, plus my macro page will explain how to connect all the buttons and stuff, etc., along with other useful things. Then there's a direct link back to the homepage here, a link to the forum---but it will explain the forum first and the different sections, etc.

Anyway, on my page I offer my themes as they are straight from my KM. I DO have to update that page to explain that there are buttons which won't work unless they read the Readme.txt supplied. Dang, I forgot to do that. >sigh< I was tired.

But by ALL means Al, anything that shows up there will get mentioned here somewhere and always feel free to grab it and do whatever. As you've noticed mate, they're "copylefted" to the world. LOL! But seriously, I'm very meticulous in theme work so about all you'll ever have to do is hash out buttons. Everything else is neat and clean, connected and works, 100% guaranteed or triple your money back. winking smiley I think these last two are my best themes ever, KM-Walnut and KM-Nautipolis (particularly the latter) and the latter has stayed the longest on my KM to date.

Again, thanks Al as that was greatly appreciated! Perfect ending to an otherwise crappy day for me. YAY! smiling smiley

À la prochaine,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"

Date: April 18, 2004 09:28AM

*flonce*

Well I've just managed to bash out another new (and original) theme
creation of my own which I have dubbed "Warped". It is based on the
IBM Web Explorer browser which came with the OS/2 Warp operating system.

To grab a copy, head straight to the Wiki and grab a copy whilst it's
fresh:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=KMeleonThemesWiki

Hey I like this thread better, it has character...

Date: April 18, 2004 09:35PM

Well, if anything Al, you can say that this topic has a---ahem!---"depth" of character. LOL! Okie, enough with the groans and rotten tomatoes thrown my way! At least make it veggies and fruit I can USE! hehe! tongue sticking out smiley

Yet another great winning theme there Al! It looks awesome!! Downloaded it immediately and when I'm finished surfing in a bit I'll have to install that one and see how it looks!

I love all of those themes that you've done Al and I don't know which one is my fave. smiling smiley Hmm... maybe "Surfari" as you know how much I love browser backgrounds with a brushed-silver look! And that has a much more completeness to it than Lynchknot's skin. A truly great work of art that you did! But on the other hand... that "Whistler" is nice too, which is really something coming from me, the man who shys away from MS programmes (and no---I have nothing against MS as it's just a choice). You make it hard guy to pick a fave amongst your themes!

But for Rapido? He just recently posted one I'm absolutely nuts over of his: "Keyboard". Now I love his "Crystal", and use it frequently when my T-Bird is set to "Crystal", and his "Mac" ones. But that "Keyboard" is pretty unique.

So "Surfari", "Whistler", and "Keyboard" are perhaps three of my fave themes now. smiling smiley

I hope everyone else out there is appreciating the talents of these two mighty fine themers as I know that I sure am! smiling smiley

Good job and keep up the fab work!

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"

(P/S: I do hope that the other themers do not take offense to this as I think their themes are really sharp as well. I was just pointing out my 3 faves. Everyone has done an awesome job here---excluding myself out of modesty of course!)

Date: April 18, 2004 09:47PM

Yeah I liked Keyboard a bit too, especially the way the buttons look in the hover state: ie. "pressed". Kinda cool effect if you ask me.

Date: April 19, 2004 09:30PM

Just a quick mention regarding the rather prolific Rapido, there are 7 new themes of his that are sitting in the Themers Yahoo! group awaiting uploading to the Wiki. These include such diverse theme names such as 4angel, K-M Betty, K-M Eyore, K-M PinkPanther, K-M WildBrowzer and also an update on the skin which is now a fully blown theme, Netscape 0.93. There's also one called Netscape 6, which is quite good as well.

They'll be available from the Wiki within the next few days, or if anybody can't wait that long then they' can join up with the Group (free of cost and no spam either).
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kmeleon-themers/

Me myself I have a couple of fresh ideas floating around for new themes so I'll be blueprinting those ones out in due time. Stay tuned... ;-)

Date: April 21, 2004 07:04AM

Well I decided to re-visit an old favourite of mine, the original Konqueror theme which I did months ago as a learning experience and I decided to finally polish it all off and fix some things up, and now I can safely say it is indeed komplete!

Just for those who are curious, the new improved version now has a selection of different backgrounds to use, new icons for the bookmarks and menu items, fixed a rather odd problem with the "new layer" button not actually working the way it should (funny nobody picked me up on that one!) plus I redid the toolbars with some better prepared and smoother icons.

The end result is quite nice and available for all from the Wiki:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=KMeleonThemesWiki

Date: April 21, 2004 05:48PM

I didn't pick up on it Al because it worked fine on my end. I wonder why that was? Weird, huh?

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"

Date: April 21, 2004 09:39PM

Well to be truthful this was the first time I'd looked at the theme in months, so maybe over the course of time something I did to my own configuration (macros perhaps) sent the button bunko. Anyway it works now with a slight readjustment.

Date: April 24, 2004 11:20AM

Hi! All outthere i'm in need of some help with a small problem. i'm working on some adjustment of some themes of mine and i've found a small problem with the menuicons.cfg. I'm on to put some icons to my emmil link that i've got and do the same thing to the emailtext link but I don't know what to write in the cfg to make the icons visible. Can someone help me with that please?

Posted by: jsnj
Date: April 24, 2004 09:26PM

That's not possible yet. Only command ID's (ID_NAV_BACK, ID_PREFERENCES etc...) can have menuicons. The bmpmenu plugin doesn't recognize macros or plugin commands.

Pages: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.