Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Themes
Posted by: Delta
Date: February 21, 2004 05:45PM

I'd really like to see a K-Meleon theme based on the Umicon Icon Set, by Mattahan. There's already a K-Meleon theme based on his G.A.N.T. Icon set, known as K.A.N.T., and I think one based on Umicons would be a great addition. Someone has made this theme for Mozilla, Firefox, and Thunderbird, it's available Here, he calls it Neptune. If anyone could make this theme, I think that it would be a great new theme for K-Meleon. And if anyone does decide to make it, you will need to get permission from Mattahan to release it, but he generally always gives permission to do so. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 21, 2004 05:47PM

Sorry, I forgot the link for the Umicon theme for Mozilla, Firefox, and Thunderbird. It's this:
http://www.cs.txstate.edu/~as1130/themes/neptune/screenshots.html

Posted by: Rapido
Date: February 21, 2004 06:17PM

Hi! well I have to ask Mattahan for permission to use the icons first then we will see Delta. I think that it can be done so I will try if he says okay.

Date: February 21, 2004 10:46PM

Hi! All! I need to ask a question! Does anyone know where I can get my hands on the netscape 0.93 icons that are used in the skin with the same name that are in skinspage? I want to update that theme badly. Please let me know here on the forum.
This is a request from myself.

Yours: Rapido

Date: February 21, 2004 11:11PM

Thanks for taking a look at the Umicons icon set.

Posted by: Eyes-Only
Date: February 21, 2004 11:41PM

Hi Delta!

Neptune's GREAT! But I really like "Apollo" that Aaron did, especially when it comes to T-Bird (well, for the Suite's mail client as well) when it comes to the junk filter icon! Oh what a scream and hoot! Aaron's letting his sense of humour shine through with that icon. winking smiley

But one theme I'd love to port myself (Got that Rapido and Al? Hands off this one! LOL!) is Aaron's iCandy when it hits Mozilla Suite because then it would give me more icons to work with for KM. I'd just have to get the A-OK from FOOOD on that one. I am toying around with making a private one for myself anyway so at least I'd have it. I've been known to do that too. All but one of my Aston themes is for private use.

Lastly: Delta? Are you the same one from the MozillaZine Forum? I'm really curious to know! smiling smiley If so I used to chat with you frequently there. I'm wondering if you remember me as this was quite a few months ago and I imagine you've seen a lot of faces come and go?

Got to run!

*Beam me up, Scotty! Veeery funny! You left my clothes behind!*

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"

Date: February 23, 2004 03:31PM

Well Hi all especially Delta I have made that theme you requested but my theme friend Al is gone on a work-break for this week so you have to wait until he gets back and also until I get an answer to the mail I sent Mattaha about permission to make this neptune theme you wanted to see. So therefore you have to wait at least a week maybe two weeks for the realease on the themepage. I hope that you and all the others K-M fans can wait that long for this theme.

Date: February 23, 2004 06:25PM

Oh, I can wait. Mattahan is quite slow answering his email, so you can expect a wait for him to respond. I can't wait to see this theme.
And yes, Eyes-Only, I am the Delta from MozillaZine (I changed my username recently). I remember you quite well, in a good way of course.

Posted by: Neil Jenkins
Date: February 23, 2004 07:08PM

I've just asked Aaron if I can port his Smoke theme. I've actually already done it (for private use :-) ) so if he gives permission I'll post it on the k-meleon themes page soon. Looks gorgous...

Date: February 23, 2004 08:21PM

Hey! Another thememaker the more the better I think. Do some more themes guys K-M needs it. Heck we all need to have more themes to choose from. I have finished an update on a old theme for another browser that I used a while ago. These days I only use K-M since it works so great with my pc. I think I have become a good thememaker for this browser or what do all of you say? Anyway I hope that Al will not be gone for long so he can post my new themes.

Yours: Rapido smiling smiley smiling smiley

Posted by: jsnj
Date: February 23, 2004 08:35PM

Oh, I can wait. Mattahan is quite slow answering his email, so you can expect a wait for him to respond.

I seem to remember reading somewhere at his site or through one of his readme files that as long as you credit his work, don't tamper with the actual buttons, and provide a link to his site(in this case on the themes page, or in a readme file within the skin pack) that he was cool with ports, provided of course you don't plan on profiting. I wouldn't wait to post it, unless it's a real butchery of a port. You wouldn't want to make anyone's original work look like sh***. :-)

Date: February 23, 2004 09:58PM

Hey Jsnj you have seen my work so what do you thimk about them? I read some of the replys here and they think my ports look good. But what do I know I'm just a simple thememaker. Anyway in this special case I have just ported the Neptune mozilla theme to K-M and thats about all I have done. I personally don't think that the theme itself is so special but it look nice, it's not for me though.

Date: February 23, 2004 10:04PM

Hi! Jsnj can I mail the Neptune theme to you so you can take a look at it for your self?

Date: February 23, 2004 11:29PM

Hey Jsnj you have seen my work so what do you thimk about them?

Dune caught my eye, although there's no differentiation between the bookmark folders and links in the bookmarks.bmp, but overall I like it's original look.

can I mail the Neptune theme to you so you can take a look at it for your self?

Sure, if you want. I'm not sure I'll be able to work on it if it needs polishing, but Al usually happily obliges if I take too long.

Date: February 24, 2004 02:05AM

I know in the Neptune theme, the back, forward, and reload buttons look a little uninteresting because all three buttons are extremely dark colours, all black I believe. Aaron has provided some recoloured Back, Forward, and Reload buttons here if you want to take a look at them. It might be worthwhile to replace some of the ones currently used in the theme with these. They look a little more interesting and colourful. Personally, I like the Light Green Back, Orange Reload, and Aqua Forward buttons. They are identical to the Mattahan buttons, they just simply have different colours.
Oh, and Mattahan does want people to email him if they wish to use his themes. He does require this. Over at MozillaZine we go through this process quite frequently (there are about three version of GANT for Firefox and Thunderbird, and one of GANT and Umicons for The Suite, as far as I know)...

Date: February 24, 2004 10:34AM

Hi! I have mailed the Neptune theme to Jsnj so he can take a look at it + I also mailed a screenshot. Hey Delta where is the icons you talk about since you forgot the link for them.

Date: February 24, 2004 07:55PM

I havn't heard back from Aaron yet but heres a sneek preview while I wait:

Date: February 24, 2004 07:56PM

Hmm... that didn't seem to work. I'll try again:

Date: February 24, 2004 08:00PM

Hi! Again Everybody I need to ask Jsnj something. Jsnj when you check the Neptune theme you will see that there is made in only one size (24x24) because I resized the original images one size smaller then they where (32x32=Orginal). I tryied to make the theme in two more sizes (20x20 & 16x16) but I failed scince the images became blurred when I tryied to change them to 20x20 and 16x16. And then when I didn't save them in the new size they still became blurred I got comfused so I wonder if you Jsnj can make more sizes of the Neptune theme. There is a link above here to the Mozilla Neptune theme so you can try to make some more sizes of the Neptune theme if you want.

Date: February 24, 2004 10:14PM

I present... Smoke

Date: February 25, 2004 02:07AM

Hey Delta where is the icons you talk about since you forgot the link for them.

Hmm, I was sure that I had made a link to the icons using BBCode in my previous post. The board may be having problems with this. Anyway, here's the full URL to the icons:
]http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=378143#378143

Date: February 25, 2004 08:34AM

Rapido,

Neptune needs alot of cleaning...I'm not sure I'll have time. The transparency is very crude with unintentional jagged outlining of all the toolbar buttons. You can email it to Delta and see if he wants to use it as is, but it's not ready for posting to the themes page. Maybe Al can fix it sooner than I can.

Neil,

Smoke is really nice. I made a matching K throbber and icon set for it for anyone who may not wanna see KM's green lizard surfacing throughout it. :-)

http://home.comcast.net/~jsnj/kskins/SmoKeThrobberPlus.zip

Date: February 25, 2004 02:17PM

Oki I understand Jsnj

Date: February 25, 2004 10:23PM

You can email it to Delta and see if he wants to use it as is, but it's not ready for posting to the themes page.

I wouldn't mind trying out a copy of it as is, provided that eventually it would be perfected and added to the Themes page. Here's an email: mozillanewsSPAMALERT@canoemail.com
And just a note, the theme is actually called Umicons, Neptune is a theme that Aaron made up to call the theme that he created (that he may not like other people using without his permission)...

Date: February 26, 2004 12:40PM

Hi! Okay I renamed theme and mailed it to you with a screenshot as well.

Date: February 26, 2004 11:13PM

Nice Idea, but certainly needs a lot of work. Here are a few suggestions:
- The Black Back, Forward, and Refresh icons really do look dull. You may want to try some of the recoloured icons that Aaron made here:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=378143#378143
- I noticed that you're using Aaron's Blue Newt for the throbber. Since this is K-Meleon, and our mascot is a green Chameleon, perhaps using the Green Newt that he made would fit in better with the browser. You can get the Green Newt (or Chameleon) here:
http://deltaguy.scn.triplehelix.info/green.gif

Date: February 27, 2004 12:40AM

Thanks Delta that newt was great I will use that instead. The blue one was already in the theme so therefore I used that.

Date: February 27, 2004 02:42AM

Thanks. He actually made the extra colours of newts after a request for me also. He had Blue, Red, Orange, and Green Available. He's made quite a bit for me, icons, throbbers... winking smiley
I use Red in Firefox with Phoenity, Blue in Thunderbird with Phoenity, and Orange in Mozilla with Apollo, since they all fit in with the browsers colour schemes. I thought green would be the colour to fit in with K-Meleon...

Posted by: banjobacon
Date: February 27, 2004 07:20AM

Any theme porters take requests? I'd like to have either mySkin, Okhotska, or Lo-Fi avaialbe for K-Meleon. They've all got a nice flat look.

If not, I guess I'll eventually give it a try.

Posted by: Eyes-Only
Date: February 27, 2004 03:36PM

Hi Delta! Glad that you remember me in a nice way from MozillaZine. winking smiley And as well do I thee Delta! I very much enjoyed our little conversations back and forth in posts, there and in MozillaNews and even in some PM we sent. smiling smiley

And Neil? That Smoke is simply gorgeous! Thanks so much for porting it! Now yet another theme to make my K-Meleon agree with my Thunderbird as a "mini-Suite"! smiling smiley I also liked your topbar setup with the icon bar, bookmarks, URLbar, tabs, etc. I had mine on two bars But you had a very attractive setup so I switched mine to what you showed in the Smoke display. NICE! smiling smiley

Well, with everyone porting all these themes I guess my daughter moving out and giving me more time, and me going to port some themes, they've basically been done the ones that I can do. Guess I'll answer email from now one. winking smiley That's something I can always do.

I do have my "KMBeOS" theme. I'll probably just go ahead and release it with the throbber that Al gave me permission to use as it really fits in nicely with the theme. smiling smiley Glad that the Netscape Modern theme got the ball rolling along with encouragement.

You know guys what we need? We now need a "Theming Section" added here! Wouldn't that be cool? Then we wouldn't have this one post of 100+ and that might even spur more development with all of us commenting on different themes. >hint, hint to the Powers That Be<

À la prochaine mes amis!

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"

Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.