Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Themes
Posted by: Rapido
Date: February 27, 2004 07:24PM

Thinking of the devil hes back! Hey Eyes-Only I'm making a theme specially for you.
Do you remember the glory old days cartoon babes? Well if you do you'll remember boop boop be doo!!! Yep she's soon to enter the K-M themes page ours Betty Boop in her own personal theme. And I'll do some childrens themes as well. One of the themes I'm going to do is the one and only cute donkey Eyore from Winnie Puh's book. I'm also thinking of porting the funniest panther of this world to K-M and yep you guest it The Pink Panther theme will come to join the theme page to in a near future. That's all for now but more news about the progress will come.

Yours: Rapido

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Al.
Date: February 27, 2004 11:58PM

Hey all, I'm back from my break, and hopefully back into "theme" mode. Now, firstly the suggestion that Eyes-Only has made has given me an idea (not highly original though): I have decided to set up a Yahoo! group dedicated to K-Meleon themes. Here is my proposal regarding the group:

1. It will provide a mailing list/forum for discussion and all things theme related.
2. It provides an area in which people can also help one another out with theme ideas, creation, whatever else crops up.
3. It also provides a Files (with folders) area in which themes can be uploaded for those who want to help test them out, and then once the themes are given the nod, another folder in which the completed themes are then added, after which I'll then add them to the K-Meleon Wiki.
4. It also means that they'll be other people besides jsnj and myself who can help people like Rapido out and help him finish off his themes, and anybody else can receive help to also get involved in theme creation and testing etc.

Ok, now to join the group all you need to do is go to here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kmeleon-themers/join?referer=1
and sign up. You can "link" an existing email account to the Yahoo! groups if you want, or alternatively just go here: http://login.yahoo.com/ and sign up for a free Yahoo! email account. Hopefully with this group now going it'll mean that we won't have to have threads like this one running on and on with 100+ messages and taking ages to load.

I also might mention how the Yahoo! groups work. They operate like a mailing list if you just use your email account to post messages, or if you go to the groups main page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kmeleon-themers/ and use it from there it's just like a forum, with the added bonus of having a Files storage area, plus a few other nifty little features.

Anyway I hope that people like this idea. I will also add a link to the K-Meleon Themers group into the Themes section of the Wiki so that word gets around and like minded individuals will also join and get involved.

Date: February 28, 2004 10:52AM

I have just joined the theme group as you suggested Al and I have mailed you the themes you wanted I think.

Posted by: Delta
Date: February 28, 2004 05:55PM

If anyone was interested, I have an old Forum kicking around running Invision that I could convert into a forum for K-Meleon Themers...

Posted by: Eyes-Only
Date: February 28, 2004 09:30PM

I remember that forum Delta! Used to like to drop by there and read until you closed it. That was actually more something along the line of what I had envisioned, or even a section being added here, which would've been useful as it's all in "one place", if you know what I mean? No leaving the homepage but one can spend his time running around to the different areas here. However Delta, a forum, such as you suggest, is more in line with what I envisioned.

Not sure if I'll sign up with the Yahoogroups yet or not. One thing is that my email address will be changing over the next few weeks and I have so many places that I'll already have to update. Not sure if even I can remember them all with my memory problems! sad smiley Another reason too is that all the themes that I could've done have been done. winking smiley So I basically would be sitting on the sidelines reading. With 100+ emails a day popping into my inbox I think I do enough of that now? LOL! I come here for the break in email. hehe!

But I'm an impetuous person so who knows what I'll do? Go back to the 50 yard line and punt...

À la prochaine,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"

Date: February 28, 2004 11:22PM

btw thanks for the BeOS theme Eyes-Only, I'm going to submit it to the Yahoo! group for testing and evaluation (sort of like our first test case really) and see what others think of it. If it's as complete as what you say it is, then we'll have it up on the Wiki pretty soon.

Posted by: Mike Meehowski
Date: February 29, 2004 01:30AM

I'm lovin' the BeOS theme..............thanks.........

Mike

Date: February 29, 2004 01:16PM

Hi! everyone I have finished five new themes and they are ready to be realeased.
But one of the themes needs a new throbber before I let that one go for realease.
As I promised here is the latest progress of the themes: PinkPanther = Done, Betty Boop = Done, Eyore = Done so you see they are finished plus the fact that I did two more that are finished.

Eyes-Only I have mailed a great link to some throbber material for you if you wish to have something to play with.

Date: February 29, 2004 02:18PM

Hi! Again! I have uploaded the new themes to the new theme group so help yourself.
Go there and download them.

Date: February 29, 2004 11:10PM

Hi! Again! Delta if you see this please mail to Mattaha and ask him if it's okay to put out the Umicon theme since I'll be away for two weaks and will not be able to check my mail. I'm going away for a small holliday. I think I need that after doing so many themes in such short time so I will appreciate if you will do this for me Delta.

Date: February 29, 2004 11:11PM

Trust me, a break is great. btw thanks for the new themes Rapido, they'll keep us busy for a while.

Date: March 01, 2004 12:30AM

I modified an Invision Board for K-Meleon Themes. The URL is below:
http://www.kmeleonthemes.tk/
The forums on this board are generally easier to read and understand, plus allow more conversation, then the Mailing List style posting available on Yahoo Groups. I'd like to propose, if Al. agrees to it, the following plan:
1/ We use the Yahoo Group as an upload resource for people to upload their themes, finished or unfinished. The Mailing List could serve as a Mailing List, where people will post when they have a theme completed, and the message will go out to everyone on the list. Once people upload a theme, they can discuss it on the boards.
2/ We use the Invision board as a resource for people to request new themes, discuss themes, request help on themes, request someone to look at unfinished themes, and for general theme discussion. Links to themes once they are upload to the Yahoo Group could be posted at the board.
Feel free to visit, sign up, and discuss at the boards. Once Al. signs up over there, I'll make him a Global Moderator, since he control the Yahoo Groups.
Enjoy and make good use of this!

Posted by: banjobacon
Date: March 01, 2004 02:50AM

Is ther such a place that offers Yahoo's file storage feature along with a porper message board? It would be a lot better to get everything much more centralized right off the bat.

Date: March 01, 2004 08:12AM

Delta I must say your proposal is interesting, so I guess we could give it a go and see if other people will also take it on. The Invision boards of course are well laid out and have better forum facilities, so I'm not totally against the idea.

Let's give it a go ;-)

Posted by: Neil Jenkins
Date: March 01, 2004 05:56PM
Posted by: Neil Jenkins
Date: March 01, 2004 05:56PM

Get it while its hot!

[url="[url]http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=KMeleonThemesWiki"[/url];]Pinstripe for K-Meleon[/url]

Date: March 01, 2004 07:58PM

Consider yourself a Moderator Al. And I'm still looking for a Moderator for the General Discussion Forums. Personal Message me on the Theme Forums to apply...

Date: March 01, 2004 08:33PM

Delta, this is just a suggestion however a while back and over time I have noticed people lamenting over the lack of an adequate discussion area here on these K-Meleon forums for macros, so maybe you could add a channel for macros discussion (and sharing of them of course) to the Invision board perhaps? I can recall there once was a Yahoo! group for K-Meleon macros however as it wasn't all that well known it didn't take off.

btw thanks for the mod status. It might take a short while for things to get going but I feel that we can use the boards as well as the group, it may even be better for those people who don't want to join the group to just use the boards instead so they can stay tuned to theme developments.

Date: March 02, 2004 07:27PM

Macros forums have been added, I also reordered the forums a bit...
Dot TK seems to be down today, if so, use this direct link to the forums:
http://s2.invisionfree.com/DeltaBoard/index.php?act=site
Discuss.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: March 05, 2004 10:52PM

Al,

Saw your post in invisionfree on "Early Blue" and gotta thank you for it. Can't wait until it is finished and available for all.

Much thanks,

N

Date: March 06, 2004 12:55AM

Well I'm going to have a stab at it this weekend in my spare time. So far I've had some success rounding up the required toolbar images, so it shouldn't be too bad when I'm done.

I'll of course keep you posted on developments on the Invision boards when I'm done, and of course it'll probably be a straight-to-Wiki job once done.

Date: March 06, 2004 03:21AM

Al,

Whenever you get around to it is fine enough for me. I'm just happy with KM getting all these great new themes, many of which have institutional reasons for surviving!

N

Date: March 06, 2004 10:56PM

Done. Now the only thing I have noticed since putting it all together is the menu icons are a bit out of sync with the respective menu entries they are supposed to represent. What I did was when I redid the menus.bmp file I used Rapido's as a guide template, and since then I have noticed the discrepencies. So what I may do is redo it again but instead see if I can try and match it up with the default menus.bmp (from the default theme). Might take a couple of days to get around to doing it.

Other than that I have also noticed that Rapido has been using icons which are too large for the history bitmap, which means that when the history dialogue is displayed, the icons next to the entries are just too big. As I recall the icons need to be 16*16, so this is something else which needs a redo (pity I only just noticed it).

So at the least the theme version available is functional and an improvement over the original Rapido sent me, but a little more work is required...

Date: March 07, 2004 04:16PM

Al.

I'll be in pig's heaven with this theme.

Much thanks!

N

Date: March 07, 2004 11:39PM

Well that's another happy camper. :-)

Date: March 10, 2004 07:54PM

I just want to let you know that I'm back and working on some new themes if all of you wish to know the names of the themes just go to Deltas forum for K-M themers
the adress is: http://s2.invisionfree.com/DeltaBoard/index.php?
Just check it out.

Date: March 11, 2004 12:44AM

Hi! I have uploaded all the new themes for testing at our themetesting forum and we will see soon if they will be added at the themepage. I thought that you all should know about this.

Date: March 11, 2004 07:16AM

Al and Rapido,

Thanks again for Early Blue. Am using it now and like it a lot.

Very much appreciated.

N

Date: March 11, 2004 05:03PM

Al,

Yup a happy camper indeed. I have used Early Blue since its first release with alpha Mozilla and now here too.

N

Date: March 11, 2004 09:17PM

Good to hear. As for the further adjustments that I've mentioned I'll make to the theme, I've pencilled down this weekend as the time when I'll get around to it. A few minor fixes and the theme should be as complete and workable as I can get it.

Stay tuned...

Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.