Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Textbox Toolbar
Posted by: Who
Date: January 30, 2004 06:20PM

Is there a way to add a textbox to a Toolbar?
I want to make a toolbar similar to the one that Firebird has that allows you to do a google search, or a 'find on page' search without needing a seconary pop-up window

Who

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Textbox Toolbar
Posted by: Marc (@box.)
Date: January 30, 2004 11:59PM

No. Only buttons.
That is one thing I want to add to KM in the future. If I have time and ability. winking smiley

Posted by: rmn
Date: January 31, 2004 10:38AM

> If I have time and ability.
Finding time is easy. The other is not. winking smiley

"Who",
As a workaround, you can create a macro that does Google search etc. from the URL bar and bind it to a hotkey.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: January 31, 2004 08:38PM

I want to make a toolbar similar to the one that Firebird has that allows you to do a google search, or a 'find on page' search without needing a seconary pop-up window

There have been quite a few requests for this feature. I guess it's because the other popular alternative browsers have it. Personally I don't see the need since it is not faster or more efficient than QuickSearches from the URL bar or TypeAheadFind which doesn't require any input box at all. Both of those methods are just as quick if not quicker and they don't require any extra text boxes that take up toolbar space and screen real estate. But I guess it's best for dvelopment to serve the will of the masses :-)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.