Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Layers
Posted by: Rapido
Date: February 11, 2004 01:13PM

Hi! I have a question about the layertoolbar. I wonder if it's possible to get a new layer (window) next to the old one instead of in background or in front? If it's possible what is the macro for it? It's just a thought from my point of viewing new url's or links in other sites. Can someone tell me this please?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Layers
Date: February 11, 2004 01:15PM

Hi! Again I should tell you that in other browsers layers is named tabs or something else.

Posted by: rmn
Date: February 14, 2004 07:57AM

I don't think it is possible. :-(

Posted by: Al.
Date: February 14, 2004 10:01PM

Actually if I follow Rapido's idea here, wouldn't that be the same as having the layer open up in the background? I mean unless it's opening the normal way and taking the focus away from the current layer, then it sounds like the same thing (ie. layer opens in background not disturbing the currently focused layer)?

Date: February 21, 2004 04:49PM

Hi! Again if you check the K-M screenshots you can see wat I mean. I want the layer to be beside each other and that is precisely what the screenshots is viewing. I just want to know why it isn't that at the moment? Can someone explain why the screenshots is showing something that isn't there where you want it? That's all for now.

Yours: Rapido

Posted by: alain.NOSPAM.aupeix@wanadoo.fr
Date: February 21, 2004 06:08PM

Give the address of the screenshot, because I don't understand what you say.

Date: February 21, 2004 06:22PM

Hi! On the first page of this site you have links to some screenshots and then take the first screenshot you see. the layers ore tabs it depends want you call it is beside each other on that screenshot.

Date: February 21, 2004 07:08PM

Hi! Again I found the solution myself so you don't have to help me anymore.
Thanks anyway for the intrests and I can say that if you want to get the solution visit the wikipage and then tips & tricks for advanced users. Good Luck! to all of you outthere with compiling the usersinterface in K-Meleon.

Date: February 21, 2004 07:11PM

Hi! Again I found the solution myself so you don't have to help me anymore.
Thanks anyway for the intrests and I can say that if you want to get the solution visit the wikipage and then tips & tricks for advanced users. Good Luck! to all of you outthere with compiling the usersinterface in K-Meleon.

Posted by: alain.NOSPAM.aupeix@wanadoo.fr
Date: February 21, 2004 08:57PM

Ok I understand:

The question was : How to open all the windows in the same window ?

In fact Opera call it tabs and K-Meleon Layers.

Yes, you have the answer, but if your question was better formulated, I'll give you the way before.

For your information, there's another way to do it and the answers are here Additionnal toolbars

You have in policy the way to have a button to choose beetwen Windows and layers, and many other things.

Posted by: rmn
Date: February 22, 2004 01:00PM

Oh, I see. I thought he meant to open new layers *right beside* the current one.

Date: February 22, 2004 02:33PM

What I ment was to have tabs in K-Meleon like there is in other browsers beside a already open window okay I admit that my question was a little hard to understand since it was aked in the wrong way. I'm sorry if it was in that way but now I have found my answer and let it be that way.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.