Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: when may we expect a new version?
Posted by: Logiman
Date: May 20, 2004 09:14PM

Perhaps if the K-Meleon team accepted donations. That would attract more developers. I really want the K-Meleon project to continue.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: guenter
Date: May 21, 2004 04:45AM

many people with little money and old hardware here, we could not pay them, they are high salary / but idealists too // i think. best regards

Posted by: Al.
Date: May 21, 2004 07:27AM

Perhaps if the K-Meleon team accepted donations. That would attract more developers. I really want the K-Meleon project to continue.

The current conundrum with K-Meleon is, although it is GPL'd software the development software needed to code K-Meleon is expensive, as it is propriety Microsoft stuff (MFC), which is a huge drawback when it comes to attracting anyone to get involved in joining the development team. Of course some have enquired as to whether they could use an open source development environment such as MinGW (http://www.mingw.org/) to use in coding K-Meleon, but to no avail as it won't work with MFC applications.

Of course do not despair totally though. Ulf Erikson appears to be still paying attention to the developers mailing list, and is still answering questions on it from people (Romanito being an example). Time will tell if anything else starts swinging though.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.