Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
when will new version be out?
Posted by: ht990332
Date: July 31, 2004 06:52PM

When will a new version be out? Is it expected soon?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: when will new version be out?
Posted by: Mike Dallos
Date: July 31, 2004 06:59PM

Hopefully...............soon..............

Be well...........

Posted by: Fast Sjonny
Date: July 31, 2004 06:59PM

We expect a version based on Moz1.8a2 will be ready in a few weeks.
Because some people did mention: this will not be a official version, but as it seems now it is very stable, faster then the older builds and with a lot of the standard functionality available as plugins and macro's most people use standard built-in.
Just keep reading the forums ;-))

Jan.

Posted by: Mike Dallos
Date: July 31, 2004 07:01PM

Please.................let it be soon!!!

Posted by: Al.
Date: July 31, 2004 11:33PM

We expect a version based on Moz1.8a2 will be ready in a few weeks.
Because some people did mention: this will not be a official version, but as it seems now it is very stable, faster then the older builds and with a lot of the standard functionality available as plugins and macro's most people use standard built-in.
Just keep reading the forums ;-))

For those who haven't been reading "between the lines" so to speak, this version will be Dorian's build + some macros thrown in to add extra functionality. Sebastian has already put together some additions to the regular v0.8.2 already, and his "builds" (well they're not really builds per se), can be found here:
http://www.labanet.de/k-meleon/#kmeleon

The regular plain version of Dorian's build, which you can download now and add some macros of your own into, is found here:
http://boisso.free.fr/kmeleon.html
Do keep checking this one, as apparently it is being updated a fair bit without so much as a notice really. That's the value of secret collusion. ;-)

Posted by: Culpeper
Date: August 08, 2004 06:53PM

Still doesn't answer the question when will the next official version be slated for release.

Posted by: Eyes-Only
Date: August 08, 2004 10:38PM

At the rate it's going? Sometime around Mozilla v3.0, or "Rocky 25", whichever comes first. winking smiley

Just kidding of course---but I couldn't resist. The official devlist had some activity in the late winter and early spring (am I right Al? I can't recall exactly?) but so far this summer it's been dead as a doornail. *sigh*

A line of Wisdom? "One sure way to kill a person's interest in K-Meleon is to make them a dev." (jimmymac)

À la prochaine,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"

Posted by: Culpeper
Date: August 09, 2004 12:41AM

Well, is K-Meleon still a going concern?

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 10, 2004 02:07PM

as Al said. There is Dorians built.

most devs are from northern - it is summer there - holidays time....

the next new k-m seems scheduled for when 1.8 is stable gecko.
originally it was slated for 1.7 (i think).
You can look in devs archieve for roadmaps.
You can even abo their dev mailing list.
seems they do not know either.

p.s. Dorians built = rockstable, fast, new.
only it is "quite secretive" about the urls where You have been .
= 1 known additional bug -
i am euphemistic and call it a new privacy feature!

Posted by: Al.
Date: August 10, 2004 10:03PM

the next new k-m seems scheduled for when 1.8 is stable gecko.
originally it was slated for 1.7 (i think).

Well that's what was last being said about any new official versions. As the 1.8 milestone is quite some time off now, it's best to just wait patiently. What I intend to do eventually is go thru the thread Andrew started some time ago when it was originally believed that a new version was imminent and the devs were prepared to work on it (I still to this day do not know where Andrew got that information from), and collate the feature and bug fix requests into a list which will be presented to the developers mailing list (this time being careful not to upset poor old Ulf), and then we'll see what happens. As Ulf has mentioned, people need to get in and give it a push otherwise whatever developers are there will just assume that there is a general lack of interest in development, and thusly not give two hoots.

In the meantime however as Guenter has stated, there is a new "fun" build being worked upon by him and some friends, and I guess that build will eventually see the light of day sometime. Whilst in no way official it will tide users over until the time comes for some "stirring of the kettle" in regards to an official release, so to speak. ;-)

Posted by: M B
Date: September 19, 2004 05:23PM

Well, I hope when there's a new official version, they'll fix this bug:

'Cause displaying pages properly is one of the most important things for a good browser. smiling smiley

Posted by: Delta
Date: September 21, 2004 01:39PM

That isn't a bug, its a feature of the Gecko Rendering Engine. That's a non standards compliant page, so it will not render correctly in a Standards compliant browser...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.