Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
toolbar question
Posted by: sum1
Date: August 05, 2004 12:34AM

does any one know how to make the buttons on the tool bar each a different size or do they all have to be the same size?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: toolbar question
Posted by: jsnj
Date: August 05, 2004 03:11AM

Put the dimensions next to the button name, for example:

Back (20,20) {
ID_NAV_BACK
Back
toolhot.bmp[0]
toolcold.bmp[0]
tooldead.bmp[0]
}

Date: August 05, 2004 08:29PM

that doesn't work, they still all show up the same size. any other ideas?

Date: August 05, 2004 09:10PM

Yes it does. Give the toolbar the dimensions of your biggest button, then specify the sizes of the buttons that aren't the same dimensions as your toolbar.

Date: August 06, 2004 12:10AM

i did that but all it does is change the image size on the button not the actual button itself.

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 06, 2004 06:11AM

i hate to say the word - possibly check or reinstall OS? if it does not do as jsnj says.

Date: August 06, 2004 06:25AM

I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly. Do you mean, "not the actual image itself"?

If so, K-Meleon is a browser, not a graphics editor. You can use Irfanview or XnView. They are small and free and both contain resizing ability. BTW, the bitmap images for the toolbar are in the skins folder in the K-Meleon directory.

Date: August 06, 2004 07:43PM

could it maybee be not letting me have different size buttons because of my the toolbar.dll plugin i have, maybee it is an older version?

Posted by: Al.
Date: August 07, 2004 04:54AM

does any one know how to make the buttons on the tool bar each a different size or do they all have to be the same size?

Are you referring to actually varying the size of each individual button, say for instance the Home button is a different size than the History button, etc etc? If that's the case, no it cannot be done if each button is put along each other. You can of course have different sized toolbars, meaning that the bitmaps used for them can be different in size, eg. 24*24 pixels, or 16*16 pixels. As long as the size is specified in the toolbars.cfg file, like jsnj suggested.

Date: August 07, 2004 06:37AM

Are you referring to actually varying the size of each individual button, say for instance the Home button is a different size than the History button, etc etc? If that's the case, no it cannot be done if each button is put along each other.

Yes it can. Just make the toolbar dimensions the size of the biggest button and then specify the smaller buttons dimensions next to the button name. The bitmaps that the toolbars.cfg file reference don't have to be a panorama strip. So you can have one History button bitmap with dims of (24,24), and then a Home button on a separate image strip with dims of (16,16).

Posted by: Al.
Date: August 07, 2004 07:31AM

Oh well there you go. But of course the images being used have to be of the size that is being specified in the toolbars.cfg, as K-Meleon will not automatically resize larger icon images into smaller ones.

Date: August 07, 2004 07:56PM

just forget about it i created a new tool bar and it did what i wanted.

Screen Shot:
http://home.ripway.com/2004-6/135323/Kmeleon.jpg

Posted by: rmn
Date: August 08, 2004 09:56AM

Hehe, nice!! I've always wanted something like that. See if you can fool someone into thinking it really is "IE with a few modifications".

Posted by: Eyes-Only
Date: August 08, 2004 10:31PM

ROFLMBO!!! Nice one sum1. Zip it up and add it to the theme section here! It'll go great with the "WhistlerXP" and others. I took one look at that and said, "What the heck?" It was the "K-Meleon" on the titlebar that gave it away to me!!! (Hey, sue me! I don't use IE and have rarely ever seen the Beast!)

Between that and the "WhistlerXP" I think they'd both be excellent for converting over MSIE users to Gecko (there's a person who does the same with Firefox by the way).

I dunno though... I noticed one thing that would be mighty hard for me to get used to: "NO 'TABS'"! I've been terribly spoilt since Mozilla 1.0 I guess... winking smiley Of course, the layers.dll could easily be enabled by the user if need be. hehe.

Go for it sum1! Make a splash! Be daring and live wild! Post it.

À la prochaine,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"

Date: August 08, 2004 11:47PM

how would i put it on the page for people to download? and it does have layers but i didnt have them showing he is a screen shot of the layers: http://home.ripway.com/2004-6/135323/klayers.jpg

Date: August 09, 2004 12:37AM

Is it a completed theme with XP menu and context menu icons, history.bmp, favorites.bmp, hotlist.bmp, bookmarks.bmp, bookmarks-edit.ico, history-view.ico, hotlist-edit.ico, or is it just toolbars & throbber? If it's the latter then you can put it in the Skins & Throbbers page. Both the themes & skins/throbber pages are edited via wiki. You can learn about editing and creating wiki pages here and here. If you don't wanna bother with wiki, you can just post a link to a zip file of it in this thread and one of us will upload it to wiki for you.

Posted by: Scott
Date: August 09, 2004 12:49AM

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.