Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
0.9 Release Date?
Posted by: nyxie
Date: December 23, 2004 08:12PM

Can anyone estimate when 0.9 final may be ready for release?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 0.9 Release Date?
Posted by: ndebord
Date: December 24, 2004 04:00AM

nyxie,

Can't speak for the developers, but the general feeling is that KM 0.9 will be based on Mozilla's 1.7.5 code. That probably means a couple more betas before an official release. To my mind, the betas are pretty good from KM 0.9b3 on.

N

Posted by: nyxie
Date: December 24, 2004 09:39AM

Thanks, ndebord. Guess I will try the next beta.

Posted by: Eyes-Only
Date: December 24, 2004 09:42PM

I don't know ndebord... reading Ra's bug reports over there in "Bugs", he has a LOT of trouble with beta 4 with some pretty basic bugs that never seemed to be around with the beta 3 second revision IMHO. Ulf came out with a 3rd revision to the beta 3 cycle on Dec. 7th I think (Ra could tell you) and it was so horrid that it got pulled a few days later. From what it seems, according to Ra, and some of the other people's experiences, this beta 4 seems to be made from that crappy beta 3.3, see?

So all of this has convinced me that as far as using K-Meleon I'm going to stick with the beta 3.2. It just does NOT crash on my Win98SE Aston Shell box, period. And when 0.9 comes out I'm going to scrutinise very carefully what the rest of you go through before I allow anyone to pry this from my cold hands. winking smiley

Amicalement,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
http://eyesonly.no-ip.info/jimmymac/

Posted by: TransitMan
Date: December 25, 2004 01:19AM

Hey Eyes-Only,
I have been using KM since before 0.6
The buggy version of 0.9b3 that got pulled has not resurfaced in 0.9b4
I'm running it and it is quite stable. I'm not sure what ra's problems could be, but I think he upgraded over a previous build which would give anyone here fits.

With that said, Holiday Greetings from frigid and snowy Kettering, Ohio
Dan

Posted by: ra
Date: December 25, 2004 01:35PM

Eyes-Only,

that was a first impression I got. But the bugs from Dec. 7 are not in beta 4. It was a default settings change (bookmarks and favorites toolbars *enabled* by default) that caused the trouble (K-M still has problems with large bookmark files, and mine is between 500 and 600 Kcool smiley. After disabling the toolbars (in preferences - plugins - ... - configure) beta 4 is as stable as the previous builds (excluding Dec. 7 *g*).

TransitMan,

no, I didn't upgrade over a previous build. IIRC I never did with different versions. I'm well aware of the problems upgrading will/can cause and that's often the first thing I ask other users about if they have problems. ;-P

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.