Bookmarks management
Posted by: Fulvio Perini
Date: December 30, 2004 08:05PM

As far as I am converned Kmeleon is fine in many aspects, but doe not work to my satisfaction in the area of Bookmarks management and display.
I have Netscape7.x, Mozilla 1.7.5 and Firefox 1.0 opening with all my bookmarks in my Personal Bookmarks folder, in 20 folders.. In addition, I use Tabs quite generously, 15 of them. I can easily fit so many bookmarks folder, since I can abbreviate the folder, in a way that I can tell what is in it, without having to resort with the hit or miss Opera Hotlist one letter method. Also, those other gecko-based browsers abbreviate the Tab names, although the names are not editable.
KM 0.8.2 allowed me to place some of the folders, by selecting View|Toolbars| check Bookmarks. Not as many as I would like to have, but satisfactory.
This new thing would not allow me to do the same thing. The selection of bookmarks gives me a toolbar with my tabs, very wordy description, and only 9 out the 15 tabs.
Could anyone explain to me if there is a way to go to the 0.8.2 way.
Obviously, no one else has used my way of handling bookmarks. This is one reason why I will take a look at KM, and then set it aside. But I am willing to make changes.

Re: Bookmarks management
Posted by: Fulvio Perini
Date: January 03, 2005 04:16AM

I figured out how to show the bookmarks in the same way as in Netscape/Mozilla.
I don't like a bit the fact that imported bookmarks order and names seem to be set in stone. Anyway, I have 13 folders and five individual bookmarks. Too bad that mouseover is dead. It beats me what is the usefulness of the Chevron.
It does not seem possible to use the Tabs saved from Netscape7.2. That was what I was alluding to in the previous post. Anyway, I am using Tools|Bookmarks options| Settings. I finally found the Opera Hotlist which is not in opera.adr, but rather in opera6.adr. This is old hot, but the location is new to me., in the Application Data|Opera folder.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.