Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Remove Double Click Close Layer support please?
Posted by: picpak
Date: February 14, 2005 08:32PM

I hate it when, I click a layer, it doesn't load, and when I click it again, it disappears.

Also, if I click between layers too fast, everything disappears. If I double click the icon, it comes back.

I'm sure some of this has been asked before, but can you help me please?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Remove Double Click Close Layer support please?
Posted by: picpak
Date: February 14, 2005 08:35PM

...Forgot to mention, this is on XP Pro, SP2.

Posted by: _
Date: February 15, 2005 01:59AM

it would be good to be able to toggle it off and on with a kmeleon.plugins.layers.* option in about:config

Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: February 15, 2005 04:59AM

Actually, I love this function a lot. But it is better to toggle this function. I will check out the layer.dll source later to see whether we can add a toggle swiich.

Hao

Posted by: Drahken
Date: February 27, 2005 06:17PM

What I'd like to see is a feature to bring back previously closed layers by middle clicking a blank spot on the layer bar. The TBE extension for firefox has this ability, and it is very useful.

Posted by: Jaymo
Date: March 07, 2005 12:31PM

Double click to close tab? I actually want that. How do I get it? Different version of layers.dll? That would be one of the major things that would make K-M just about perfect for me. grinning smiley -Jaymo

Posted by: Burnman99
Date: March 11, 2005 08:23AM

Drahken you can configure your mouse gestures to do an Undo close tab. This and save session have to be the handiest things about K-Meleon.

Later

Rog

Posted by: Drahken
Date: March 12, 2005 12:52PM

I never use mouse gestures. I find trying to get the timing right, and remembering the right sequence for each thing much more difficult than simply clicking the back button, middle clicking a link, or whatever.
If there's a way to do it with mouse gestures, there should be a way to copy that function into a macro and assign it to ctrl+Mclick or some such. Does anyone know how I would go about doing that?

Posted by: jsnj
Date: March 12, 2005 07:51PM

there should be a way to copy that function into a macro and assign it to ctrl+Mclick or some such. Does anyone know how I would go about doing that?

There is no customizable option involving the layer bar specifically.The Undo Last Closed function IS a macro named macros(OpenClosed). But assigning it to Ctrl+Mbutton will only activate it when you click a link. I'm not sure if that's a bug or a known restriction. You can however use other key combos for the feature in accelerators that don't require the mouse. You can also create a toolbar button. If you want that and need help with creating it, let me know. And for a list of other macros to use with toolbars, accelerators or mouse gestures, view the commands list from Tools-Adv.Prefs.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.