Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Ulf's bleading 1.8a5 source
Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: March 10, 2005 01:40AM

Do you remember Ulf release a bleading KM based on Gecko 1.8a5 last Dec. ? Anyone has its source? I sent the request for it on the Dev. list but no reply up to now. Thank you.

Hao

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ulf's bleading 1.8a5 source
Posted by: TransitMan
Date: March 10, 2005 03:25AM

I don't have the source code, but I do have the browser in a zip file.
It's about 7mb in size.
Let me know if you want it.
transitman2002@yahoo.com

Date: March 10, 2005 05:07AM

Thank you. Transitman.

I also have his binary browser here. What I really want is his source code. Thank you anyway.

Date: March 10, 2005 05:16AM

Thank you. Transitman.

I also have his binary browser here. What I really want is his source code. Thank you anyway.

Posted by: ra
Date: March 10, 2005 11:33PM

I'm not sure, but IIRC it would have to be updated for 1.8b1 (again), so a source based on 1.8b1 would be even more interesting I guess. :-)

Just saw your email on the dev-list. Have you sent Ulf a copy of it?

BTW: What do you think of joining the 'official developers', Hao?

Date: March 17, 2005 06:24PM

ra:
Actually, I am not a real programmer. My ability of coding is not strong at all. It is only my personal interest which help me stick with KM all the times. However, I would like to join the official developers if I can do any help on KM. Thanks .

Hao Jiang

Posted by: ra
Date: March 17, 2005 11:09PM

Actually, I am not a real programmer. My ability of coding is not strong at all. It is only my personal interest which help me stick with KM all the times.

It doesn't matter that much how good you are at coding. The important part is that the project continues to move, that there are people that keep it alive. Even if the steps are tiny, as long as there will be someone working on K-M it will be good. You already are able to fix and add small things. That's polish that's sometimes missing.

It would also be a good sign for the other developers that there are still some people that care and that do s.th. for the project - not only for themselves without giving back anything.

Of course it's your decision, but please think about it and really consider joining. It won't hurt and you can still do everything you can do now.

(IMHO)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.