Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
very important
Posted by: Tiago
Date: May 01, 2005 10:20AM

The Firefox is famous because:

in his site have Links for plugins! (( here must at least a link for the getflashplayer!))

Is important a link from the team development!

Here in Brazil I talk about K-Meleon, which is a very good program.

K-Meleon have a great future.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: very important
Posted by: Tiago
Date: May 01, 2005 10:30AM

Other suggestion:

The team development must give most emphasis in the MOUSE GESTURES K-Meleon's IN HIS SPREAD ! ! ! because is a big advantage over Firefox.

Posted by: mistah-troll
Date: June 19, 2005 12:05AM

mouse gestures suck.

Posted by: Fulvio Perini
Date: June 20, 2005 10:25PM

I may not go so far, but I would like to know what is the advantage of having mouse gestures, to someone who has never tried to use them before.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: June 21, 2005 01:57AM

If you're very comfortable using a mouse, then they are a very quick & convenient way to do things and can be addicting. If nothing else, they eliminate the need for the back & forward mouse buttons on your toolbar by allowing you to simply right-click and move left or right anywhere on the page to go back or forward. Also by default in KM, a slanted \ downward motion closes a layer. I personally use strokeit to control all the apps on my PC and to open apps. So whenever I have to use others' PCs, I'm left wanting :-). But users who prefer their hands always hovering over the keyboard typing everything would have no use for mouse gestures.

Posted by: Eyes-Only
Date: June 21, 2005 10:57PM

Fulvio wrote:

"I may not go so far, but I would like to know what is the advantage of having mouse gestures, to someone who has never tried to use them before."

Well, this is a very good and valid question. I myself can't live without mouse guestures and the "rocker guestures" (which means I use Romanito's plugin instead). I could live, yes, but not operate a browser very well. I'm someone with a lot of medical problems. One of them is Multiple Sclerosis, which has affected my body muscles. For most people it is easy to move the mouse up to the back/forward, or even right-click on the page, select, and click again. Yet, with them installed in a browser I hold a button down---and tap another with a finger and I can go forward, or back. Or, like jsnj said, I can close a layer, open one, go to my homepage, or even close the browser if I wish---with very small movements.

And so when this came to K-meleon (and at the time it was more advanced, and in some cases perhaps still more advanced than Mozilla's Mouse Guestures extension... I don't know) it opened up an entire new world of browsing for me. I don't use other PCs, or servers, but the first thing I do when personally beta-testing a Gecko browser (for mozilla.org) is to see if it'll take a mouse guestures plugin before I go any further. ;o)

Well, I just thought I'd give the viewpoint of someone to whom this is really useful to. Of course people don't have to use them if they don't want to. They can always go and press the "back/forward" buttons or whatever, as they continue to work as always. Maybe a little "Food for Thought" for "mistah-troll".

Amicalement mes amis,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge d'Acadie"
http://eyes-only.dyndns.org/jimmymac/

Posted by: Rob Moore
Date: June 24, 2005 11:54PM

I use a laptop with a trackpoint, and I find that mouse gestures are not useful for me in any way, and are actually very slow and awkward. I haven't used an actual mouse in about 4 years, so I can't say if they're that great or not. My two cents, anyway.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.