Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Still getting build error
Posted by: Whitey
Date: October 19, 2005 02:49PM

So I have the newest source of Mozilla, and have modified my build routine to suit. The required binaries and libraries are all installed and working, but I still can't get this to compile.

as per instructions on the Mozilla developer's wiki, I used the following command to build:

make -f client.mk build

and as I stated in the previous thread, the build always fails with:

configure: error: --enable-application=APP is required

I do not know how to fix that. I can only imagine it has something to do with the version of VC++ that I am using (the one bundled with Visual Studio 2003). I have gotten the most recent libraries and installed them into the buildtools as suggested, and am now at a complete loss.

Any explanation (or even wild guesses) would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Whitey

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Still getting build error
Posted by: ra
Date: October 19, 2005 07:28PM

Which thread? Please link it, if it is worth reading. And there are several developer documents in the Mozilla developer wiki ;-), it would have been good if you linked the corresponding one(s), too.

Every (or nearly every) document should point you to . $topsrcdir/browser/config/mozconfig to build FireFox, Thunderbird or Sunbird (and that requires getting stuff from CVS).

To build SeaMonkey you just need

mk_add_options MOZ_CO_PROJECT=suite
ac_add_options --enable-application=suite

But please note that this is only the tip of the iceberg and a problem that's easy to solve...

Re: Still getting build error
Posted by: Whitey
Date: October 20, 2005 05:01PM

Okay, I found the problem.

I had a misconfigured library path.

All is good,
Whitey

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.