Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Config Problems
Posted by: JimB
Date: November 26, 2005 12:16AM

Hi,

I just installed Kmel a few days ago and would like to do a few adj. I can't seem to find where tyo do them.
I installed the Knoia WarmLarge theme and
1) still find the icons somewhat too small
2) the text for the menu on top is too small (File - Edit - View - Bookmarks)
3) I think these "layers" is the same as tabs in other browsers. How do I get them at the bottom of the page ??
4) I imported my bookmarks.html directly from my FF browser (copy/paste) into the K-meleon progr files folder profiles/default/*.slt folder . How do I get a bookmarks toolbar ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Config Problems
Posted by: bst82551
Date: November 26, 2005 02:37AM

#3 Layers are different from tabs in a few ways... I don't believe layers can be placed at the bottom. Sorry. Maybe someone will come along and correct me (although I doubt it)... but you can always hope.

#4 go to (Edit > Preferences >Plugins), click the "Netscape Bookmark Plugin" and click "Configure"... the option to have a bookmark toolbar should be in there. You might need to restart K-Meleon to get it to show up.

Brian

Posted by: Drahken
Date: November 26, 2005 11:59AM

1) One thing you can try is to edit the skin images manually. (There's a good chance this will wreck the theme, so you should make a copy of the theme first, or be prepared to reinstall it). Go into your KM folder and find the skins folder. Go to the folder for the skin you want to edit, and enlarge all the images there. Relaunch KM and see if it worked.

2) I don't know that there's anything you can do about that. There should be some file you can edit to change it, but I don't know what. (Most likely it's one of the jar files in the chrome folder.)

3) Layers are effectively the same as tabs, but not quite the same. The layer bar can't be placed at the bottom by normal means. It may be possible by editting some file, but I don't know which file.

Posted by: bst82551
Date: November 26, 2005 03:11PM

#2 shouldn't that text size stay the same as within the windows interface? That's the way it is for me, but I use the default text size for windows.

Brian

Posted by: kko
Date: November 30, 2005 06:12PM

#2 shouldn't that text size stay the same as within the windows interface?

Yes, but it does only when the rebar menu plugin is disabled!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.