Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
themes for K-Meleon 1.0
Posted by: ndebord
Date: July 15, 2006 02:23AM

It is almost time to talk about porting old themes from K-Meleon 0.9 to K-Meleon 1.0.

IMO, having as many themes up and running just BEFORE K-Meleon 1.0 comes out will really help the browser sell itself.

What do you think?

Tks,

N

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: themes for K-Meleon 1.0
Posted by: Rapido
Date: July 17, 2006 12:50AM

Hi! I just want to tell everyone that all my themes is up to date with K-m 0.9 now and uploaded at themepages here at K-m. Just download and be happy.

Yours: Rapido

Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 18, 2006 06:02PM

For ndebord

Yes, I agree that having themes ready for 1.0 launch is very good idea. Myself, I just use the Klassic one with my 0.9 but many people seem to like other themes. I will be glad to help with the work to change, but I will need a lot of instruction as I have never created a theme

Date: July 18, 2006 09:38PM

James,

Back when KM was 0.7 and then 0.8.2, there was a lot of theme development. But now, most themese are out of date and just not ready for use with KM 1.0.

At this point in time, I would suspect that development should focus in on KM 1.0 instead of 0.9, but that is of course up to those who do development (I'm just an end user on this stuff.) Personally, as others will attest to, I am an "Early Blue" fanatic, but just as you do now, I use Klassic only with 1.0 instead of 0.9 where I use Early Blue.

There are/were several people who did good work with themes. Rapido is one. I know that some themes are easier to work with than others, but it would be nice to have more than just Phoenity and Klassic readily available.

N

Posted by: Frank
Date: July 19, 2006 10:13AM

Dear ndebord

where is "early blue: available from ?
I searched themes page on k-melon website but no dice.

Tx
Frank

Date: July 19, 2006 02:11PM

Frank,

What? Just checked and it used to be there, but is not there now. Can't say why until I ask around.

I have it and it works for KM 0.9.xxxxx, but not properly in KM 1.0.xxxx.

<SIGH>

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.