Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Kartoo my personal favorite search engine
Posted by: ndebord
Date: January 03, 2007 03:46PM

Look in the Wiki Search engines for Kartoo. A fine European Search engine that seems to be more finely focused than American ones. A plus is they do NOT save your searches and do not turn such info over to the government snoops.

N

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kartoo my personal favorite search engine
Posted by: Rapido
Date: February 15, 2007 03:59PM

Hey nderbord! Rapido here and I wonder about Kartoo engine is it possible to add the flash version of this nice searchengine?

Yours: Rapido

Date: February 16, 2007 06:14PM

Rapido,

Haven't seen the flash version of Kartoo? When I figured out how to add the regular Kartoo to my list of search engines (the old method of right-clicking on whatever search engine you want to use, instead of the menu ring), I wasn't even aware there was a flash version.

FWIW, Kartoo is now my default search engine. I just LOVE the privacy protection it provides that you cannot find anywhere in the United States.

Do you have URL for the flash version? Perhaps we can figure out the coding from that site?

Tks

N

Date: February 16, 2007 07:03PM

Hey Ndebord the url for flash version is http://www.kartoo.com/ and feel free to crack it or operate it to make it work as searchengine. I should say that it's nice to be back with a turbo pc now. And I must say that it's a huge difference between my old win98se and the new winxp pc so now I can work with K-Meleon again so hit it Nderbord.

Date: February 19, 2007 06:26AM

Rapido,

It appears as though I don't have flash properly installed, as I am seeing Kart00 resutls as a series of html lists, not flash. Which, for my purposes is a better thing, but still not the way it is supposed to work.

I'll have to see why flash is not working completely on my system. I know it works, in part, as I've been able to use the Kill Flash icon on the Privacy Bar to kill off some annoying adds.

P.S. Got it working now. Like the flash view too. Like them both. Don't know how to get the flash thing working in a macro just yet???

BTW, congrats on your new machine. Must be amazing to have a fast machine and XP too. My old laptop is chugging away using W98se with no problems so far, but I know its days are limited.

<shrug>

N

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2007 06:31AM by ndebord.

Date: February 19, 2007 03:00PM

Yepp my new machine is way to fast for me Ndebord I've got problem keeping up with the speed it is way to fast. I hope you can figure out the macro because I couldn't do it. Keep up the the good job you are doing Nderbord.

Date: February 22, 2007 05:57AM

Rapido,

Have not been able to figure out how to get the full "flash" capability working in Kart00. But I'm not unhappy with the version I uploaded to the Wiki. The ability to have complete privacy security using this particular search engine is good enough for me right now and the standard list of "hits" is also good enough. But I have to say, that once I got flash working (if not my Kart00 macro), the Kart00 search engine is truly aweinspiring. Wow!

Am totally jealous of your machine. I am getting the most out of my old PIII-600 laptop running W98se, but there will come a day when it is time to get something new. One thing I have on this old system that makes it bearable is Second Chance, which works much like System Restore does on XP systems. Saves my bacon from time to time. Pity is it now "deadware." But it does what I need for now.

N

Posted by: wildbill
Date: March 10, 2007 07:33PM

I've tried Kartoo flash on K-Meleon, SeaMonkey and IE. I can't go beyond the 2nd page of results without getting a message about some kind of problem and browser needs to close and restart. But no problems with the 1st and 2nd pages, only beyond.

Date: March 11, 2007 04:52PM

wildbill,

Hmmm. Did not spend much time with the flash version of Kart00. Do have the html version of it loaded up in K-Meleon and have had no problems doing multiple pages. Since the html version works like other search engines, I've not worried over the lack of flash in my searches.

N

Posted by: bamboum
Date: March 13, 2007 11:23AM

Really nice computer work and treatment in time. But Really poor in efficiency. For a research work is better to have all results in the same time, looking a small description then to each step improve the research.

Date: March 14, 2007 01:24PM

bamboum,

Yes, the flash version does have that level of efficiency. Will have to look at the code for the macro to see if I can figure out how to do a flash Kart00.

N

Posted by: fundoo
Date: May 11, 2011 11:19AM

hi,
all these search engines search all around the web. what i am looking for is search my own things. like my posts, my articles, my contacts, my notes, my web links and all similar things.

for all this i found a great solution www.gpozle.com. Here you can create your account simply and start posting anything you want in your account.
All those posts will be saved in your account only unless you make them public.
All your posts you can search anytime in future based on the keywords in posts.

Even it provides reminder and notifications facility by just converting post into reminder easily.

I love this site and I use it a lot for all my personal data which i can refer anytime.

Posted by: waynerooney
Date: November 05, 2011 02:02PM

I have setup everything as per your instructions. do we need to manually set the 2 sec delay in the new script as well?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.