Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Can someone improve the favorites plugin?
Posted by: pandaface
Date: June 02, 2008 03:42PM

I like the kmeleon speed however the favorites plugin stops me using it as my main browser.

First I cannot abandon IE as there are some pages that kmeleon or firefox cannot dispaly properly.

Then I have to use favorites plugin. But if I want to edit favorite, I have to go to favorites dir and it is ...

Can someone add right-click menu to each favorites and favorites sub-dir with delete or rename options?

And for tabs, can there be an option added there for sending it to favorites?

I think MyIE or firefox are both good examples.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can someone improve the favorites plugin?
Posted by: JamesD
Date: June 02, 2008 06:26PM

pandaface
Then I have to use favorites plugin. But if I want to edit favorite, I have to go to favorites dir and it is ...

The memu item FAVORITES - EDIT will get you to the correct favorites dir and you can rename and delete favorites and folders.

pandaface
And for tabs, can there be an option added there for sending it to favorites?

If you right click on the document (not a link) in the tab, there is a popup menu with "Add page to favorites".

If you want the ability to rename the favorite while adding and to choose a sub-folder of Favorites in which to place the new add then I have a macro called FavRenAdd in the macro library. http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/KmmFavRenAdd This works from the Favorites menu.

I too would like to see some work on the IE Favorites plugin. I would try except that I am not a C++ programmer. I hope this explanation is of use to you.

Date: June 02, 2008 10:52PM

Really apprciate your reponse.

The memu item FAVORITES - EDIT will get you to the correct favorites dir and you can rename and delete favorites and folders.

This is what I mean and I don't like it.

If you right click on the document (not a link) in the tab, there is a popup menu with "Add page to favorites".

Sorry I forgot this. But seems 1.5beta has removed it.

And thanks for your macro. I'll try it on 1.5beta. Hope it works.

Posted by: desga2
Date: June 02, 2008 11:33PM

pandaface

Sorry I forgot this. But seems 1.5beta has removed it.

To have this options in menus ("Add Page to Favorites") you must enable Favorites plugin, go to Preferences (F2) -> K-Meleon Plugins -> Check IE Favorites plugin option and restart K-Meleon.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: June 03, 2008 02:56AM

To have this options in menus ("Add Page to Favorites") you must enable Favorites plugin, go to Preferences (F2) -> K-Meleon Plugins -> Check IE Favorites plugin option and restart K-Meleon.

Man, of course I did. I'm sorry I misunderstand the replies. It meant document on tab. How can I add "Rename-add" option from James on right-click menu?

BTW, is there a plan to improve favorites plugin?

Date: June 03, 2008 12:04PM

Try with this in Edit -> Configuration -> Menus;
!DocumentSave{
	&Rename-Add=macros(_FavRenAdd_RenameAdd)|1
}

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2008 12:09PM by desga2.

Date: June 03, 2008 01:50PM

You can also try adding two lines to the _FavRenAdd_ModMenu macro. We should not add this menu item unless the IE Favorites plugin is running.
_FavRenAdd_ModMenu{
### add another option to Favorites menu if favorites plugin is active
$kFavorites=="true"?setmenu("F&avorites",macro,"&Rename-Add",_FavRenAdd_RenameAdd,1):0;

### show in Document Popup ;
$kFavorites=="true"?setmenu("DocumentSave",macro,"&Rename-Add to Favorites",_FavRenAdd_RenameAdd,1):0;
}

Thank you, Desga2, for the insight in using the menus.cfg file. I had read the instructions many times, but a real example using items I know makes it so much easier to understand. Also I had found Document menu but I had not found the DocumentSave menu. Now I can place items in much better order.

Date: June 03, 2008 05:27PM

JamesD
Thank you, Desga2, for the insight in using the menus.cfg file. I had read the instructions many times, but a real example using items I know makes it so much easier to understand. Also I had found Document menu but I had not found the DocumentSave menu. Now I can place items in much better order.

You can found all menus defined by default in K-Meleon\defaults\settings\menus.cfg
Popup menus (or context menus) are at the end of file.

Documentation about menus:
Config Files
Menu Definition File (kko's documentation updated)

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: June 06, 2008 03:05PM

!DocumentSave{
}
Desga2, can you tell me what it is for? And how can change the menus? For example, how can I remove File menu?

$kFavorites=="true"?setmenu("DocumentSave",macro,"&Rename-Add to Favorites",_FavRenAdd_RenameAdd,1):0;
JamesD, what is if for?

Date: June 06, 2008 03:48PM

@ pandaface

In the FavRenAdd macro which is in the macro library at http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/KmmFavRenAdd, the following lines put the Rename-Add item into the Favorites dropdown menu if the IE favorites plugin is active.

_FavRenAdd_ModMenu{
$kFavorites=="true"?setmenu("F&avorites",macro,"&Rename-Add",_FavRenAdd_RenameAdd,1):0;
}

If you were to edit the FavRenAdd.kmm file and add the following lines within the _FavRenAdd_ModMenu {} then the "Rename-Add to Favorites" item would be added to documentsave menu which is the menu that appears when you right click on a document.

The code after editing would look like this.

_FavRenAdd_ModMenu{

}

If you are not used to KM's macro language, please note that the lines that begin with ### are comments. They are there to help my poor memory if I go back to the file after some time has passed. The "_FavRenAdd_ModMenu" is an internal macro and I included that to make it easy to find where the extra line of code should go.

Date: June 06, 2008 10:42PM

pandaface

!DocumentSave{
}
Desga2, can you tell me what it is for? And how can change the menus? For example, how can I remove File menu?

This code in Edit -> Configuration -> Menus, add "Rename-Add" option to context menu (right click menu).

To remove File menu you can add this code lines in Edit -> Configuration -> Menus;
!Main{
	-&File
}

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: June 07, 2008 08:30AM

Since 1.1.x, it's possible, and better to uncheck unwanted menu by using a setmenu instruction.

I don't remember how, but you can look at kko's webpage and perhaps on K-Meleon's wiki.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Date: June 07, 2008 03:29PM

I have updated FavRenAdd in the macro library. "Rename-Add to Favorites", now shows in the DocumentSave popup menu.

Date: June 08, 2008 06:15PM

Thanks, JamesD.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.