Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
aspell extention for 1.5.x
Posted by: eadthem
Date: January 03, 2009 11:48PM

anyone have the information on what is keeping the aspell extention from having support in 1.5.x . I would be intrested in improving it so it is supported, to avoid having to use myspell/hunspell.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: aspell extention for 1.5.x
Date: January 04, 2009 12:43AM

ok so im currently working on the extention and so far from what ive seen ither it was uploaded with no testing or it never worked my guess is that it was uploaded 1/2 done or somthing

i cant see how the code would of ever run there are several syntax errors ie

$_Aspell_Decode="\"".$_Aspell_OEM2UTF8_Path."\\OEM2UTF8.exe"\" <\".$_Aspell_File."\"\n";
shuld be
$_Aspell_Decode="\"".$_Aspell_OEM2UTF8_Path."\\OEM2UTF8.exe\" \"".$_Aspell_File."\"\n";

and so on.

Date: January 04, 2009 01:58AM

ok i got it working but currently if the aspell dos box stays open for to long k-melon crashes out

the revised aspell.kmm is at http://final.servegame.com/aspell.kmm if anyone has any advice

error message exact text is
editing school:electronics - wikiversity(K-Meleon): k-meleon.exe - applcation error

the instruction at "0x7c911563" refrenced memory at "0x00000038". the memory could not be"written". ok to termnate cancle to debug

i beleve the problem is in this section of code lines marked with #DEBUG
_Aspell_Check{
id(ID_EDIT_SELECT_ALL);
id(ID_EDIT_COPY);
$__data=getclipboard();
pluginmsg(utils, "write", $_Aspell_File, $__data);

index($_Aspell_OEM2UTF8,$_Aspell_Lang)>-1?0:$_Aspell_Decode="";
#not not yet, so we clear $_Aspell_Decode
#alert(index($_Aspell_OEM2UTF8,$_Aspell_Lang)>-1,index);
$_Aspell_Decode="";
pluginmsg(utils,"write",$_Aspell_Batch,$_echo.$_Aspell_CommandLine.$_Del_Flag.$_Aspell_Decode);#DEBUG
pluginmsg(utils,"write",$_Aspell_Flag,"We are using Aspell");#DEBUG
pluginmsg(utils,"exec",$_Aspell_Batch,9999);#DEBUG
$_waitto=pluginmsgex(utils,"exist",$_Aspell_Flag,STRING);#DEBUG
while($_waitto) &_WaitAgain;#DEBUG

# A function is needed to encode from OEM to UTF-8 (which is better than an external tool, so we
# use the second line instead of the first 
#index($_Aspell_OEM2UTF8,$_Aspell_Lang)>-1?$__data=pluginmsgex(utils,"EncodeUTF8",$__data,STRING):0;
$__data=pluginmsgex(utils, "read", $_Aspell_File,STRING);

setclipboard($__data);
$_Aspell_Menu=="TextPopup"?id(ID_EDIT_SELECT_ALL):0;
$_Aspell_Menu=="TextPopup"?id(ID_EDIT_PASTE):0;
$_Aspell_Debug?0:$__data=pluginmsg(utils, "unlink", $_Aspell_File);
$_Aspell_Debug?0:$__data=pluginmsg(utils, "unlink", $_Aspell_Batch);
}

still working on it so i may solve the prob im avalable on irc.freenode.com as eadthem in #electronics #wikiversity-en must be registerd to pm on freenode

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2009 02:06AM by eadthem.

Posted by: desga2
Date: January 04, 2009 12:50PM

Utils.dll plugin is a mark307's kplugin for K-Meleon, you can found it (with instructions and sources) in mark307's web page.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2009 12:51PM by desga2.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: January 04, 2009 08:14PM

I think the function OEM2UTF8() I tried to use to change the format of the word doesn't work (I asked for this function to mark307).

I have asked to the aspell maintener, and he said he can't do something for me.
It's one of the reasons why I didn't continue this extension.

The other reason was the K-Meleon state during the aspell work. It often crash K-Meleon, or leave it in a state near from death ...

I don't think it's a good idea to continue it...

I don't understand why you don't want to use SpellCheck, which works better.

The other functions you need are, as desga2 says, in the kplugins utils.dll. As you have downloaded the extension, you must have it. put in in kplugins.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2009 08:15PM by JujuLand.

Date: January 08, 2009 02:37AM

OK i have fixed the first crash problem thats on a timer and causes flakiness in K-Meleon by eliminating the while true loop waiting for Aspell to finish.

apparently macros aren't run in a separate thread witch would explain why a macro can lock up the GUI.

now this command causes a crash some of the time

$__data=pluginmsgex(utils, "read", $_Aspell_File,STRING);

it uses mark307's utils.dll

As long as I block out that command Aspell works flawlessly.

myspell dose not learn from a users mistakes and myspell dose not pay attention to first and last letters of a word, so it frequently returns guesses that have nothing to do with the miss spelled word.

Aspell learns from your past corrections and reorders its suggestions based on them. Aspell also pays close attention to first and last letters witch almost always will be correct, no matter how bad the word is miss spelled(its a human learning thing).

To me myspell is useless and hunspell is no better over 1/2 the time I must still go to google to get the correct spelling because its suggestions are useless. Aspell Ive almost never had to get google's opinion on.

the current revision with everything working but reading from the file is at
http://final.servegame.com/aspell.kmm it now requires timer.dll

Looking for alternatives to the read file command Currently I have the bat file rigged to open the finished file in notepad witch I copy my self.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: January 08, 2009 07:53AM

I never remark that hunspell connects to the web ?? I often browse offline and I suppose it will alerts me that the web isn't avalaible, no?

Are you sure that it does with K-Meleon ?

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2009 07:53AM by JujuLand.

Date: January 08, 2009 11:42AM

@ eathem:
What type is the file that you need read?

You can use this, in Macros Documentation:

Macros Documentation
$CONTENT = readfile( PATH );

Returns the contents of the specified file (32 kB maximum). Only for little text files.

Or you can created a tool to do it with AutoIt3.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2009 11:43AM by desga2.

Date: January 08, 2009 09:41PM

text files usually it should be less than 32KB.

ive also noticed a bug in the gui part only the first letter of the browser name or current tab is beeing shown.

ile try that command.

Date: January 09, 2009 09:44AM

eadthem
ive also noticed a bug in the gui part only the first letter of the browser name or current tab is beeing shown.

This problem is showed when you use some old kplugin.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: January 10, 2009 02:33PM

Ok it seams once again timer.dll was at fault, atm its all working correctly.

You must rt click on a box and go to spell checking with > Aspell check.
Then after your done go to spell checking with > Aspell paste.

Who do I need to talk to about uploading the updated Aspell.kmm witch is fully compatible and now working with 1.5.0

I will backup my profiles and upgrade to the latest release and try it again.

Date: January 10, 2009 05:25PM

JujuLand
Mail : Alain [dot] Aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr
Web: http://pagesperso-orange.fr/jujuLand/
Web:K-Meleon Extension Setup

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: February 15, 2009 03:41PM

There has been some talk of why even bother trying to get Aspell working, I've been told Hunspell/MySpell works fine. Well not so much for someone who actually uses it to correct spelling. 1 thing is certain, all spell checkers are good at finding mistakes, fixing them is a whole other story.

un corrected
i did not diliberaly misspell anything here
no ive not had a problem with hunspell connecting to the web, it dose not do this.

my problem is it simply dosent work as a spell checker 1/2 as well as Aspell.

myspell/hunspell dont have a prayer with correcting my spelling aspell's 1st and 2nd guess is right 90% of the time.

corrected by hunspell/myspell red words did not have any correct guesses. yellow words marked wrong when right.
corrected
i did not diliberaly(1) misspell anything here
no ive(2) not had a problem with hunspell connecting to the web, it dose not do this.

my problem is it simply dosent(3) work as a spell checker 1/2 as well as Aspell.

myspell/hunspell dont(4) have a prayer with correcting my spelling aspell's 1st and 2nd guess is right 90% of the time.

spell checkers guesses
(1)illiberally, illiberality, liberally, ilberality
(2)vie, Ive, iv, rive, live, dive, give, hive...
(3)docent, do sent, dozenths, rosenthal, dissent
(4)dot, don, donut, don't, cont, font, wont...

corrected by Aspell red words did not have any correct guesses. yellow words marked wrong when right.
corrected
i did not diliberaly(1) misspell anything here
no ive(2) not had a problem with hunspell(5) connecting to the web, it dose not do this.

my problem is it simply doesnt(3) work as a spell checker 1/2 as well as Aspell.

myspell/hunspell(6) dont(4) have a prayer with correcting my spelling aspell's(7) 1st and 2nd guess is right 90% of the time.

spell checkers guesses
(1)illiberally, liberally, illiberal, liberal, deliberately, deliberate
(2)Ive, I've, Iver, Ivie, IV
(3)doesn't, docent, dissent, do sent
(4)don't, dint, donut, font, DOT, Don, Dot, don, dot, Ont
(5)Hansel, Ispell, ispell, spell, Hensley Ansell, Aspell, unseal, misspell, Hinsdale;i added the word in title case.
(6)Hunspell, Hansel, Ispell, ispell, spell
(7)Aspell's, Ispell's, ispell's

I did not count words wrong just for missing title case.
Aspell learns from your mistakes and corrections, so deliberately was the first suggestion from Aspell when the same section was spell checked a 2nd time.

I have tried to trick Hunspell/MySpell in to learning from corrections and I have not been able to do it. so atm its my belief that they are not capable of learning from corrections.

this is why I've been willing to do so much to have Aspell available for my use.

At this time I've gotten the old Aspell plug in working fine but I had to use a workaround that opens a notepad window after spell checking is done, for you to manually copy and paste back in to the box. Any and all attempts to read the .txt file and paste it with the macros in to the box result in a crash within 2 min of the action! This would be the bug that breaks the plug in, not necessarily a bug only in K-Meleon but most likely in the utils.dll as well.

for Hunspell/MySpell i used open office witch i believe uses MySpell witch is a direct descendant from Hunspell.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2009 04:13PM by eadthem.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.