Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
search bar suggest
Posted by: JCarg0
Date: March 02, 2009 07:55PM

I installed k-meleon saturday, Becoming close to km....

I think some features will be nice, but easy to add(I'm not a programmer, I think so..., sorry if wrong):
- When you opened search bar with ctrl+f, can we make some key shortcuts on 'Find Next', "Find Previous', 'Wrap around', 'Match case ', 'Highlight'?
eg:N, P, W, M, H? 'Alt+H' will break the main menu->'Help' shortcut, but I think it's not needed there(in search bar).
- when my mouse is over a tab(without click), that is circled. it will be good if we have the same effect when we drag&drop a link on a tab. it's something very little, and I read that the developers plan to add more power to the tab bar, but I say this only for the case when noone thinks on this.

And this is maybe my personal taste, but I think it's better to give the mouse wheel focus to the document when the keyboard cursor is in search bar and we type words.
I've seen one same advice for the case with the url bar in the bugs page, but it was given up because we can mousewheel through the history pages, but here we don't have find histories, and it's more important, when you search a word, it is sometimes on the bottom of the page. Therefore to read the sentence you must scroll. But now the mousewheel focus is not there. So we can't. So we must click on the page and scroll(with mousewheel). But if we do it, we lose the location of our search in the page. So we must drag the search word(or another word that is near) again. This is long...
Or, we can use the vertical scroll bar - drag it with left-click. But here we lose our keyboard cursor focus in the search bar. So this is also a problem.
What do you think...

And last, there is a command id for 'Open the search dialog':ID_EDIT_FIND, but not for 'close'. If we want to close it(without mousesmiling smiley), we must type Ctrl+f, ESC now. I think Ctrl+shift+F is more good.

edit:
Sorry. this is more an improvement request... mistake.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2009 08:07PM by JCarg0.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: search bar suggest
Posted by: desga2
Date: March 02, 2009 09:40PM

1) 'Find Next' = F3, "Find Previous' = Shift+F3
About 'Wrap around', 'Match case ' and 'Highlight', I agree with you that this could be useful.

2)
JCargO
- when my mouse is over a tab(without click), that is circled. it will be good if we have the same effect when we drag&drop a link on a tab. it's something very little, and I read that the developers plan to add more power to the tab bar, but I say this only for the case when noone thinks on this.
I agree with you, this is needed.

3)
JCargO
And this is maybe my personal taste, but I think it's better to give the mouse wheel focus to the document when the keyboard cursor is in search bar and we type words.
I've seen one same advice for the case with the url bar in the bugs page, but it was given up because we can mousewheel through the history pages, but here we don't have find histories, and it's more important, when you search a word, it is sometimes on the bottom of the page. Therefore to read the sentence you must scroll. But now the mousewheel focus is not there. So we can't. So we must click on the page and scroll(with mousewheel). But if we do it, we lose the location of our search in the page. So we must drag the search word(or another word that is near) again. This is long...
Or, we can use the vertical scroll bar - drag it with left-click. But here we lose our keyboard cursor focus in the search bar. So this is also a problem.
What do you think...
Yes it is, this implementation could be useful.

4)
JCargO
And last, there is a command id for 'Open the search dialog':ID_EDIT_FIND, but not for 'close'. If we want to close it(without mousesmiling smiley), we must type Ctrl+f, ESC now. I think Ctrl+shift+F is more good.

I think this must be work like in Firefox 2 when Ctrl+F is a toggle for show/hide the Find bar. The same for ID_EDIT_FIND in macros, like ID_VIEW_STATUS_BAR.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.