Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Getting K-Meleon and Gecko 1.9.1 to run under Win9x
Posted by: 4td8s
Date: May 07, 2010 03:25AM

ndebord

bksening,

I asked you once to make nice... consider yourself filtered.

so, it's bye bye bye bksening. oh well nice knowin' that guy. smiling smiley

at least siria is testing latest KM 1.6a on a win9x system w/ kernelex installed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2010 03:25AM by 4td8s.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ndebord
Date: May 07, 2010 03:36PM

4td8s
ndebord

bksening,

I asked you once to make nice... consider yourself filtered.

so, it's bye bye bye bksening. oh well nice knowin' that guy. smiling smiley

at least siria is testing latest KM 1.6a on a win9x system w/ kernelex installed.

4td8s,

Well, shrug, this bksening guy just wouldn't let it go. Not one, nor two, but three insults in one sentence. I'm impressed! ;-)

KM 1.6a and w98se sounds good. I have an old W98se laptop (sometimes it works, sometimes it won't), but I should try and load up kernelex and test. I'll have to look into how to install kernelex and then see if I can help with some tests.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2010 03:37PM by ndebord.

Posted by: siria
Date: May 07, 2010 05:06PM

About installing kernel-ex:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/kernelex/

It's a little setup program, that asks for a few options while installing. Those options cannot be changed later, only if first uninstalling and then reinstalling again. Uninstalling works perfectly from the usual add/remove-programs list.

Install and uninstall require each a system restart, if you want to switch options later, do NOT think you'll just do the two back-forth-installs in a row without restart in between, or you're in BIG trouble :cool: Fortunately my trouble was cured again after two restarts in a row, uff :cool: And all was always fine when following the order to restart after installation.

In general I've made best experiences with using the option to apply KEx NOT automatically, only manually if a new program doesn't run without it. Then you can right click the exe of that program, click properties and set the special "compatibility" to XP or Win2000 or whatever.
When I installed with the "automatic" setting once, it gave me occasionally errors with old genuine w98 programs, which never happened with manual settings.

Guenter says he made horrible experiences once with KEx on his ME, but me never grinning smiley

Posted by: ndebord
Date: May 08, 2010 05:28AM

siria
About installing kernel-ex:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/kernelex/

It's a little setup program, that asks for a few options while installing. Those options cannot be changed later, only if first uninstalling and then reinstalling again. Uninstalling works perfectly from the usual add/remove-programs list.

Install and uninstall require each a system restart, if you want to switch options later, do NOT think you'll just do the two back-forth-installs in a row without restart in between, or you're in BIG trouble :cool: Fortunately my trouble was cured again after two restarts in a row, uff :cool: And all was always fine when following the order to restart after installation.

In general I've made best experiences with using the option to apply KEx NOT automatically, only manually if a new program doesn't run without it. Then you can right click the exe of that program, click properties and set the special "compatibility" to XP or Win2000 or whatever.
When I installed with the "automatic" setting once, it gave me occasionally errors with old genuine w98 programs, which never happened with manual settings.

Guenter says he made horrible experiences once with KEx on his ME, but me never grinning smiley

siria,

Thanks, I'll try and fire up that old W98se laptop this weekend. Thanks for the info on how to install and run Kernel-ex.

N

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.