Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
K-Meleon Updater page
Posted by: 888
Date: November 20, 2009 05:49AM

I don't know who is the webmaster nowadays, that's why I post here.

One of my friends had big problem finding unofficial gecko updater today.
I must admit I myself couldn't find it as easily as I wish it should be, I simply forgot they are on extensions central...
Sure I have found it in the end under the very last link on the resources page pointing to extension central, but I'm not surprised my buddy decided to rather email me and ask for help than dig through all the links there.
So here's a pitch:
add a link to K-Meleon's Updater page right below the "Latest Stable Release" on the download page, please! (or somewhere else on the download page, but since it is the most important from all of the downloads it should be next to latest version IMHO). Please? smiling smiley

Yes, I know the gecko updaters are UNOFFICIAL builds by desga, but since there are no other official updaters, and these are as good as they can be, they are de facto same as official updates (if there were any).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2009 05:50AM by 888.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon Updater page
Posted by: desga2
Date: November 20, 2009 10:59AM

Unofficial K-Meleon Gecko Updater.

Also you can found it searching in General Forum.

Link now added to:
Unofficial Build list forum thread.
Unofficial K-Meleon Distributions.

This is all I can do because updater is unofficial, we need build the Gecko code with same Dorian's build environment to release it like official.

Remember, if you not found, ask in forum.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Re: K-Meleon Updater page
Posted by: guenter
Date: November 20, 2009 02:09PM

desga2
we need build the Gecko code with same Dorian's build environment to release it like official.

Ansolut! Files from SeaMonkey project work slower.

Free Toolkit 2003 (which e.g. I use to build) makes fast files but sometimes with bugs.sad smiley

p.s. I'd probably need Dorian's experience to build better with Toolkit 2003.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2009 02:15PM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.