Localization :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about translating K-Meleon. Creating and updating locales, solving l10n-related bugs, etc. 
Russian locale for KM74 and history bug
Posted by: rodocop
Date: July 14, 2014 04:41PM

Dorian,
we together with Alex Tarantul assembled the new russian locale
(UPDATED again! Now contains dictionaries and fixes to netError.xhtml and netError.xul!),

but it has one strange glitch: the History Preferences pane is empty under the Title (Настройки журнала):

All other locales work fine here but 'ru'. This is not dtd-driven case: putting en-US corresponding dtd's doesn't change the draw - Title becomes english (History Settings) but overlays do not appear.

I need some help in order to get working RU locale as I cannot find bug.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2014 07:43PM by rodocop.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Russian locale for KM74 and history bug
Posted by: Dorian
Date: July 14, 2014 08:18PM

ovrl-history.dtd is missing history.global.remember

SpellCheck!
Date: July 14, 2014 08:33PM

As I can see, there is such a situation with spellchecking in last builds:

1) main Dorian's builds have spellcheck on, but it cannot handle any other dictionary except en-US one whatever locale you'd set on.

2) naruman's and adodupan's builds don't have working spellcheck at all.

Re: SpellCheck!
Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 14, 2014 08:37PM

Some bad spielling

Sorry! I was testing and hit wrong button.

Do you have other dictionaries loaded? Do you have a working spelltest.dll loaded?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2014 08:41PM by JamesD.

Date: July 14, 2014 09:20PM

Well.
Night is for sleeping not for creating locales ;-)

Dorian, many thanks - I was going mad about that glitch rechecking my dtd-files again and again but wasn't able to find that lost line!

Now it's working fine.

So the linked file in the first message is updated - please, Dorian, redownload it once again!
(it contains updated en-US.dic and .aff - that is 'english&russian 2 in 1'. When KM will learn how to load more than one dictionary, I'll change it for separate russian one).

James,
KM74 doesn't contain spelltest.dll and old one doesn't work here. Do you have (or mean) something else and new?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2014 09:21PM by rodocop.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 14, 2014 11:16PM

@ Rodocop

I was just trying to find out if there was a valid dll for spelling.

Look under browser\defaults\preferences in kmeleon.js and see if you have a pref like this.

pref("spellchecker.dictionary", "en-US");

Maybe that is where you change dictionaries. I do not know where to get dictionaries for ru fr or de. I guess I am just lucky en-US works for me.

Date: July 14, 2014 11:30PM

I've dug it already in about:config grinning smiley

No matter what is there. Moreover, there is another pref:
layout.spellcheckDefault
which should set speller on/off but it doesn't matter, what value it has. Even the absence of this one makes no difference! ;-)

Spellchecking either works in the build (and only with en-US.dic) or not at all.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2014 11:33PM by rodocop.

Date: July 15, 2014 08:03PM

Dorian,
I've made some important changes in locale and some general files, so I ask you please to download it once again!

List of changes:

1) updated netError.xhtml and netError.xul files (with right folder structure) added

the change inside them is:
<!ENTITY % netErrorDTD
    SYSTEM "chrome://global/locale/netError.dtd">
changed to
<!ENTITY % netErrorDTD
    SYSTEM "chrome://kmeleon/locale/netError.dtd">

without this change my locale wasn't able to find entities and gave me XML-parsing errors.

2) added file:
en-US\locale\browser\ appstrings.properties
where all instances of 'Firefox' are changed to 'K-Meleon'.
It isn't obligatory (when it is absent, KM uses 'global' properties-file without brandnames) but it's very nice to see OUR name here ;-)
(These properties are used on the netError-page.)

3) some changes made in russian netError.dtd and appstrings.properties

Here I want to give a warning for future localizers:

sometime between Firefox24 and Firefox30 the change was made to some entities used by netError files:
Firexox 24 -------> Firefox 30
protocolNotFound -> unknownProtocolFound

So
protocolNotFound.title 
protocolNotFound.longDesc (that's how it stays in K-Meleon now)
become
unknownProtocolFound.title 
unknownProtocolFound.longDesc (that's how it is in FF30)
If anyone in future wishes to create new locale (not present now) he might repeat my fault: take it's inner Mozilla Firefox locale (for engine localization) from new FF build - and he'll face the problem with described entities.

I'm writing it here only just in case.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2014 08:35PM by rodocop.

Date: July 15, 2014 08:14PM

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Layout.spellcheckDefault

I think it checks the language of the content of the page to select a dictionnary.

Anyways, kmeleon does not support spellcheck since it should be handled by the context menu.

Date: July 15, 2014 08:30PM

Dorian
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Layout.spellcheckDefault

I think it checks the language of the content of the page to select a dictionnary.

Anyways, kmeleon does not support spellcheck since it should be handled by the context menu.

This pref sets working status of spellchecker in FF: 0 - off; 1 - on for multiline fields (default value); 2 - on for all fields.

And yes, for kmeleon we need new spelltest.dll or other way to use spelling.

Now kmeleon supports only 'underline errors' behaviour, without other stuff (select dictionaries, propose other words, switching on/off)

Date: July 15, 2014 09:01PM

and one more point.

Dorian,
couldn't you give me some small space quota on server (or maybe on kmext like fred) and write authority to the file storage for some working files as I'm now the leading russian 'developer' and sometimes I'll need the room to store K-meleon files.

There is no problem if not - I can store them on the web, but I think it would be right to store main things like locale etc. here.

Thank you in advance!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2014 09:05PM by rodocop.

Date: July 16, 2014 08:54PM

There is no quota. You have access to everything or nothing.
What about the russian website?

Date: July 16, 2014 10:43PM

Dorian
What about the russian website?

What do you mean? Is it there some russian website about KM which is supported by me?
There is only The K-Meleon Place and its Russian blog, that I've created on Weebly free website-constructor. It has serious limitations on the file size to upload, but small things can be stored there.

I'm an web-administration and webdesign idiot, so I use some free and easy resources on the web (I cannot create my own fully functional site with all that bells and whistles :O ), so I haven't any site with FTP for example, etc.

If you ask about working on russian locale of this site - I'm ready to do this but not having much time for this. And I need some time to learn, how to do this right.

My only intention was to store here most important parts of localization work (and maybe some pieces of bugfixing in order to help you).
I don't mean to use this server as disk space - there are enough free offers on the web. grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2014 10:44PM by rodocop.

Date: July 16, 2014 11:49PM

I'm talking about http://kmeleon.ru

That's why there is no russian translation here.

Date: July 17, 2014 12:46AM

That site is alive like KM in 2012 sad smiley
There is an admin somewhere, and thanks to him I can post news there. But that's all. No linking. No upload. May be sometime... in future... or not ;-)
That's not under my control.

Ru-community almost disappear. The old team had left project completely, and me was brand new 'generation' not in contact with old team except Alex Tarantul which had some email conversation with you as I know.
But Alex has a little time to be a developer (same with me too). The last time we connect was at spring when he send me russian locale being a 'draft'.

So I found more convenient and productive to work with international community. That's why all my requests occur.

Sorry for being a bit obtrusive, but my only intention was to revive and support K-Meleon - the best browser (from my point of view) in the world.
When all the project was 'frozen' (both in general development and in russian community) I was forced to learn all the K-Meleon inwards and start to make a little things I can (neither being C-coder not js- or kml-capable person).

But I think I may be more useful in some promotion activity on K-Meleon. My builds are just plugging the holes - only because there are no one active russian maintainer now. So I became ;-)

Date: July 27, 2014 08:47AM

You could use forum attachment.
kmext could be good too, but I'm not the one who can give access.

EDIT: installer.nsh is missing in your translation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2014 09:55AM by Dorian.

Date: July 27, 2014 12:14PM

Dorian
You could use forum attachment.

Yes, but they are available for me only in Extensions subforum.

Dorian
EDIT: installer.nsh is missing in your translation.

I need some instructions on what is to be made (and where) with installer.nsh as I had not previously dealt with installer l10n (neither my precursors).

Date: July 27, 2014 06:41PM

There isn't much to do, check the file in
http://kmeleon.sf.net/files/kmeleonloc74.zip

Only 2 lines to translate. The rest is done.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.