Localization :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about translating K-Meleon. Creating and updating locales, solving l10n-related bugs, etc. 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Italian translation for K-Meleon 76, I try...
Posted by: Niceeight
Date: December 29, 2017 05:31PM

Try now man!

And siria, thanks for the link with download page!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2017 05:33PM by Niceeight.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: J.G.
Date: December 29, 2017 05:36PM

Niceeight
Try now man!

And siria, thanks for the link with download page!

Download for locales IT for KM 76 all flavours is working again. smiling smiley

Date: January 05, 2018 05:24PM

New update.

Modify the readme file with this link for release notes: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/wiki/ReleaseNotes as suggested by siria

Add these lines in kmeleon.kml thanking guenter

# ---------- New Skin Fix. KML extras for Dorian's new skin code. Add to kml or create a separate one.

Add Bookmark. Right-click for more options.=Aggiungi segnalibro. Fai clic con il tasto destro per altre opzioni.
Edit Favorites. Right-click for more options.= Modifica preferiti. Fai clic con il tasto destro per altre opzioni.
Edit Hotlist. Right-click for more options.= Modifica hotlist. Fai clic con il tasto destro per altre opzioni.
Menu=Menu

# ---------- New for 77 URL Bar

&Copy URL=&Copia URL
Copy Link &Text=Copia il Testo del link

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2018 05:25PM by Niceeight.

Date: January 05, 2018 06:22PM

Niceeight
New update.

Modify the readme file with this link for release notes: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/wiki/ReleaseNotes as suggested by siria

Add these lines in kmeleon.kml thanking guenter

# ---------- New Skin Fix. KML extras for Dorian's new skin code. Add to kml or create a separate one.

Add Bookmark. Right-click for more options.=Aggiungi segnalibro. Fai clic con il tasto destro per altre opzioni.
Edit Favorites. Right-click for more options.= Modifica preferiti. Fai clic con il tasto destro per altre opzioni.
Edit Hotlist. Right-click for more options.= Modifica hotlist. Fai clic con il tasto destro per altre opzioni.
Menu=Menu

# ---------- New for 77 URL Bar

&Copy URL=&Copia URL
Copy Link &Text=Copia il Testo del link

Thanks for this, updated also the es-ES spanish locale. smiling smiley

Posted by: siria
Date: January 05, 2018 08:10PM

Italian README (and other languages partly too too)
Please look also into the source code with an editor :cool:

it 75.1
line 2,7,37,47,79

it 76
line 7, 79

PS: I know the exe of 76+Goanna both claim on right-click to be version "76.0.0.0". But it just looks rather odd to see "76.0.0" in the readme, considering the versioning-chaos since 75... Just my opinion, others may vary smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2018 09:26PM by siria.

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 05, 2018 11:34PM

siria
Italian README (and other languages partly too too)
Please look also into the source code with an editor :cool:

it 75.1
line 2,7,37,47,79

it 76
line 7, 79

PS: I know the exe of 76+Goanna both claim on right-click to be version "76.0.0.0". But it just looks rather odd to see "76.0.0" in the readme, considering the versioning-chaos since 75... Just my opinion, others may vary smiling smiley

Thank You siria for pointing us translators at the problems - You did so before and I hope that my hotfixes minimise our works while we incrementally adapt translations prior to the Release Candidate.

I updated German menu. which is like the other language versions.

Line 37 <h1>Willkommen zu K-Meleon <!--kmVer--><!--kmVer--> !</h1> Welcome bla bla.

So no version info is shown. The K-Meleon packager does know what to write there.

Packager is a K-Meleon helper app ©,written and maintained by Alain "Jujuland".

Until readme.html is updated with the help of Packager I also suggest:

Line 47 <li>Bitte lesen Sie die <!--kmNotes--><a href="http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/ReleaseNotes"><!--kmNotes-->Versionsinformationen</a> zu wichtigen Details über diese Version von K-Meleon.</li> Read the notes bla bla.

Or whatever that is in the other locale translations.

Please note the empty html reference marked red. Packager is supposed to alter and write something there - that is why kko wrote the readme.html like that.

The only thing I do not know is whether packager is still used and works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2018 11:44PM by guenter.

Date: January 08, 2018 04:38PM

So new update.

Theese string with thanking guenter:

Reset zoom to default value=Reimposta lo zoom sul valore predefinito
&Reset Zoom=&Ripristina zoom

and reviewed readme.html as suggested by Syria.

Date: January 12, 2018 02:18PM

Another suggestion :cool: (for all languages)

In the first post with the attached locale, include a link to a spellcheck-dictionary?
Like this one:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/dizionario-italiano/versions/

(link to find other FF-languages:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/language-tools/ )

Users can right-click on "download now", then save the xpi-file into a temporary folder. In that folder, open the xpi with an unzipper tool like 7-zip, find the 2 files in the dictionaries subfolder, with ending dico+aff, then copy those 2 files into the K-Meleon/dictionaries folder.
Or into the locales/it folder, whichever you like better.

On the other hand - haven't checked - perhaps the spellcheck menu offers already a handy download link for more dictionaries, when spellcheck is active??
IMHO that would be the best solution, to keep KM-foldersize as small as possible, especially I wouldn't include 7 full dicos out-of-KM-box already.

[_check_ dictionaries howto] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2018 01:14PM by siria.

Date: January 12, 2018 05:49PM

siria
Another suggestion :cool: (for all languages)

In the first post with the attached locale, include a link to a spellcheck-dictionary?
Like this one:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/dizionario-italiano/versions/

(link to find other FF-languages:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/language-tools/ )

Users can right-click on "download now", then save the xpi-file into a temporary folder. In that folder, open the xpi with an unzipper tool like 7-zip, find the 2 files in the dictionaries subfolder, with ending dico+aff, then copy those 2 files into the K-Meleon/dictionaries folder.
Or into the locales/it folder, whichever you like better.

On the other hand - haven't checked - perhaps the spellcheck menu offers already a handy download link for more dictionaries, when spellcheck is active??
IMHO that would be the best solution, to keep KM-foldersize as small as possible, especially I wouldn't include 7 full dicos out-of-KM-box already.

I was not sure about what you finally proposed among all the ideas exposed above, however I have added link, *.aff and *.dic spanish files to my post. However, I have several doubts about ask the users to download an xpi, unzip it, find the two files and copy them to some subdirectory and so forth. If I propose to my friends to make all these procedures they all run away towards Google Chrome like there is no tomorrow. Just my opinion, of course. :mad:

Posted by: rodocop
Date: January 12, 2018 07:17PM

I think dictionary packages should be prepared (from xpi's or other sources) and added to Download page of site to be added easily on demand.

(or they even can be distributed through KMext just like other extensions - only packaging should be made in slightly different way)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2018 07:17PM by rodocop.

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 12, 2018 07:24PM

rodocop
I think dictionary packages should be prepared (from xpi's or other sources) and added to Download page of site to be added easily on demand.

(or they even can be distributed through KMext just like other extensions - only packaging should be made in slightly different way)

:cool: I completely agree.

Dictionary packages when 7zed are less than 500 kb. 500 kb can be posted here.

And if needed we will allow bigger upload. And if we have too much bandwidth?

Or post at KM.ru, KMext, or where ever.

p.s. many ppl do not know that xpi are merely zip.
Perhaps create ship Extension-man and create a link that makes it easy.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2018 07:34PM by guenter.

Date: January 13, 2018 04:54PM

A new Update: correct typos, expanded the layout to allow reading all the settings and small faults here and there. I checked a little 'everywhere and I do not think there are errors... If someone wants to check... I continue the search.

@siria
For KM 75.1 I need using lang pack from FF31 and working only in KM 75. KM 76 working in KM 76, KM 76pro and KM goanna.

For the upload of the dictionary I wait for what we decide so that we all use the same method because add it here I think that goes to weigh too much on the forum.

Date: January 14, 2018 02:56PM

Niceeight
A new Update: correct typos, expanded the layout to allow reading all the settings and small faults here and there. I checked a little 'everywhere and I do not think there are errors... If someone wants to check... I continue the search.

Great job, and wouldn't be suprised if IT is now one of the most complete locales smiling smiley
Just a peanut: in pref.dtd at the end, the 2 build-labels show nonsense text (disabled=true/false). Those lines must exist for KM-Pro, without them the preferences sheets break completely. But the content of those strings doesn't matter for function, it's just readable in the lower left corner when hitting F2. On ALL sheets. Haven't tested yet if the text can be completely empty, or just a blank, but a simple minus seems to work in any case. Or any other text too - rodocop has used it for version info of PRO-builds. Can't probably harm to just use "K-Meleon" for the first label, and the second is free text too. But it really doesn't matter, 2x "-" is fine too.

(sig) New unofficial K-Meleon 76.4 (KMG76.4) available, in own subforum.
Based on Goanna engine, called 'test' builds forever but more stable as 75.1 acc. forum members. It's 1-2 generations ahead of predecessor KM76RC-2016
K-Meleon FAQ (link missing in forum sidebar)
Tips&Tricks - Learning new stuff every day
New to K-Meleon? What do you like? What not?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2018 02:58PM by siria.

Date: January 14, 2018 03:02PM

There is an old content.rdf file in kmprefs chrome - I think it was used to show the version of KM Preferences. But have no glue whether it worked or not, and if worked - how?

Maybe someone knows this better and we can use it again, just with updated info?

Date: January 14, 2018 09:08PM

Last year I'm making stupid mistakes almost every day...

Date: January 14, 2018 09:31PM

Nonsense. I find you're doing a great job!

Date: January 16, 2018 07:12PM

siria
Niceeight

Great job, and wouldn't be suprised if IT is now one of the most complete locales smiling smiley
Just a peanut: in pref.dtd at the end, the 2 build-labels show nonsense text (disabled=true/false). Those lines must exist for KM-Pro, without them the preferences sheets break completely. But the content of those strings doesn't matter for function, it's just readable in the lower left corner when hitting F2. On ALL sheets. Haven't tested yet if the text can be completely empty, or just a blank, but a simple minus seems to work in any case. Or any other text too - rodocop has used it for version info of PRO-builds. Can't probably harm to just use "K-Meleon" for the first label, and the second is free text too. But it really doesn't matter, 2x "-" is fine too.

Thank you thank you siria for the appreciation.

But these lines can only be seen in KM pro or am I wrong? Because if this is the case, write "km pro a rodocop work" and it's all right.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.