Localization :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about translating K-Meleon. Creating and updating locales, solving l10n-related bugs, etc. 
KM translation/locales, discussions etc.
Posted by: siria
Date: December 27, 2017 07:11AM

This is just meant to add minor translation notes and discussions, without extending endlessly the actual translation threads.
Currently meaning this italian one:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?20,143686

Thanks for all the work Niceeight! Also the first post looks better and better smiling smiley
By the way it's also linked from the KM download page since a few days.

Would make it a sticky (anyone? I can't), because it's also the most recent and complete "HOWTO" thread about translations in general, so it would be good to have this keyword somewhere in a title too. Perhaps in post#5? And still pondering if "Howto" and "Italian" wouldn't better be separate threads at all, but this has no hurry.

What I now wondered, the language packs for the browser itself are 0.3MB, but for ABP 0.5MB - huh? So took a look inside and to my surprise it contains the whole Addon - AND it is russian? :cool:
And also not sure about: looks like possibly old extension version??
@rodocop, can you take a look? Have no clue about this.
And perhaps it would be better if the normal browser language pack includes already the ABP-translation too, like the ru version includes already all sorts of macro-translations too? While the ABP-addon itself, which changes all the time, should include all language-KML-files itself too, rather than posting single-language versions which quickly contain outdated addon-version?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2017 07:11AM by siria.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: KM translation/locales, discussions etc.
Date: January 06, 2018 11:57AM

Some general observations for all languages:
As you sure noticed too, new KM-builds sometimes miss the latest language updates. No wonder really, if they are not clearly marked, or even the topic only written in the foreign language itself!
=> perhaps rename your topics to a clear title, especially post number1?
[TRANSLATION] DE (or FR,ES,...) for...(KM76 + KM-Goanna)... (Update 2018-01-06]
With UPDATE meaning the last date of the attachments of course, as indicator for the Dev he needs to update it in his build too.
And make the latest official thread, which has the attachment in first post, for each locale a sticky?

Also there seem to be different packages for KM76-gecko and goanna for certain languages, but only a common package for others. Update: meanwhile have understood that they are backwards compatible, so KM-Goanna works in KM76 too (perhaps olders ones as well), and the only real difference is the versioning in the README file.
This could be attached separately, without needing two full packs. That way it would be easier to maintain and also save half the server space (the used KM space is long since FAR beyond free limits already, as Dorian mentioned awhile back). In the past replaced attachments were still kept in the database, but luckily they seem to be really deleted now.

And in general it's extremely confusing that the language-packs are so utterly different from each other! Meaning in number of files, in folder structure etc., everything. Just as example, "setDefault.ini" from 2008, included in 3 locales, but cannot find it in the browser itself anywhere - is this still needed? Also considering the text inside it refers only to the OS situation in 2008 too.
I do know that RU contains some extra extensions and also its Readme doesn't link to the official domain, but instead to geckoworld.ru, and that its whole text is different, but that's not what I mean. That would be easy to understand. But the far bigger prob is that all the OTHER files are so utterly different too, which makes it near impossible to quickly and easily update or bugfix them later by simply comparing each pack with the others. Because some languages have far more, and others far less files, and some seem to have a different folder structure too. And the text inside often has different structures too. Just as example the manifest-files, containing just a few simply lines, but ordered so differently, even those are very hard to compare.

By the way nearly got a heart attack when noticing that each language pack contains over 250 files!!! What an incredible workload! And how difficult to compare bugfixes if each one is so differently structured.

README.html: as guenter explained us now, the SOURCE-CODE contains some markers for AUTOMATIC version updates by some tool! Extremely handy! (if the Dev applies it, sadly didn't happen since 75.0) But it cannot possibly work if those keys are not even contained anymore in all languages in the html-source:

<h1>Welcome to K-Meleon<!--kmVer--><!--kmVer--> !</h1>
<!--kmNotes--><a href="http://kmeleonbrowser.org/wiki/ReleaseNotes"><!--kmNotes-->
Copyright &copy; 2000 - <!--kmYear-->2018<!--kmYear-->

Not sure, but would assume that this automatic tool is using regex and able to update the text regardless if the text between the markers is empty in the source, or if there's already some manual text there? Just as long as the red marker text is in the right place.

(PS: the "updated" line is wrong too in most locales, but at least harmless)

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2018 05:29PM by siria.

Posted by: Niceeight
Date: January 10, 2018 12:52PM

siria
Thanks for all the work Niceeight! Also the first post looks better and better smiling smiley
By the way it's also linked from the KM download page since a few days.

Thank you very much for this! When I said ABP is in Italian it is after adding in Chrome\locale it pack from original addon by firefox. Anyway now I added the kml file in italian. I took this version from rodocop in the adblock post in the extension forum: https://my.powerfolder.com/dl/fiQWou2QFKZY3UFcxeiYZwGW

It would be nice to add "HOWTO" in post#5, the explanation is very clear but it should do it rodocop.

new KM-builds sometimes miss the latest language updates. No wonder really, if they are not clearly marked, or even the topic only written in the foreign language itself!

This is true too, so I proceeded to modify the title of the first post in Italian Language Pack with this: [TRANSLATION] IT for KM76 + Goanna - KM75 - Adblock [UPDATE 10-01-2018]

Every language package contains 20 files approximately, only file .jar contains over 250 files and I think nothing can be done. I don't know...

Date: January 11, 2018 02:54PM

Niceeight
When I said ABP is in Italian it is after adding in Chrome\locale it pack from original addon by firefox. Anyway now I added the kml file in italian.

Ah, that explains it! But did it show italian menus from the xpi already, before you added the kml too? (Am not using such addons myself yet, so no experience)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2018 02:56PM by siria.

Date: January 11, 2018 10:04PM

Yes. Was missing it locale in xpi but when I added this the menu of the extension it works properly also without it kml.

Date: January 11, 2018 11:01PM

Hmm, very interesting, but perhaps you're meaning about:addons...
Also the menu in Tools > Adblock Plus ?

Posted by: rodocop
Date: January 12, 2018 07:08PM

XPI own locales work for extension chrome independently from KM chrome, localized with KMLs.

So, ABP's own XUL-windows (Filters and Subscriptions settings) should look in italian when it-locale is present in XPI and set in KM - no matter is there italian KML or not. But the button menu will not be localized if no corresponding kml present (or just strings needed placed in any other KML)

Date: January 12, 2018 07:10PM

To all localizers:

please check whether SuperDrags tab of Mouse Gestures settings in Preferences is translated.

In russian locale it ISN'T for now. I'll fix it soon.

Posted by: J.G.
Date: January 12, 2018 11:17PM

rodocop
To all localizers:

please check whether SuperDrags tab of Mouse Gestures settings in Preferences is translated.

pref-kgestures is all tranlated for ES locale. Do you mean that? :s

Date: January 12, 2018 11:37PM

rodocop
To all localizers:

Good find rodocop!
And as already a few times before, I'm impressed with the carefulness in italian and chinese. ChansonYu and Niceeight have it translated long since! Congratulation smiling smiley

All others still have english in their locales.

Date: January 12, 2018 11:52PM

siria
rodocop
To all localizers:

Good find rodocop!
And as already a few times before, I'm impressed with the carefulness in italian and chinese. ChansonYu and Niceeight have it translated long since! Congratulation smiling smiley

All others still have english in their locales.

You could say where. Just to help.

Date: January 12, 2018 11:56PM

What for? You are the big fixer genius, acc. to own view.
And everyone else can easily find it themselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2018 11:57PM by siria.

Date: January 13, 2018 12:02AM

siria

I only wanted to help with all my efforts to this good project.
Fortunately K-Meleon is more than your opinion.
I'm only a 20 years old student.
Sorry for my energy to help.

Date: January 13, 2018 12:40AM

PEACE, FOLKS!

We all just want to make K-Meleon better - thank you both and all contributors.

Now about Gestures-related localization:

there is one more file needing to be updated: locale.jar\kmprefs\kplugins\gestures.dtd

In most of locales it contains untranslated part - this section:
<!-- Super Drags -->
<!ENTITY super-drags.label	"Super Drags">
<!ENTITY super-drags.descr	"Super Drags are drag and drop gestures actions for images, links and texts.">
<!ENTITY super-drag.image	"Super Drag Image">
<!ENTITY super-drag.link	"Super Drag Link">
<!ENTITY super-drag.text	"Super Drag Text">

Re: KM translation/locales, discussions etc. / "superdrag"
Date: January 13, 2018 01:36AM

[_check_ confusing description] .

"Super Drags are drag and drop gestures actions"

Am not familiar just wondering, is that true with the "dropping"? So far I thought gestures are only dragging, without a target place to "drop down" an element?

Okay, now took a look at it in Goanna. But that thing is very confusing, if one isn't already familiar with it: it doesn't tell anywhere how to start this mysterious "super" drag! "drag and drop gesture..." fine, just: WHERE to drop??
And now I've seen the additional download link for "superdrag restored" gesture now. Will try if replacing it helps to understand...

Nope, still no chance. Zero hint where to "drop". Also tried with left-drag, no luck. (oops, was my fault)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2018 08:46AM by siria.

Date: January 13, 2018 03:18AM

Thank you @rodocop and @siria, fixed english lines at ES locale at:
es.jar\kmprefs\kplugins\gestures.dtd
Uploaded indicating date of upload. smiling smiley

Re: KM translation/locales, discussions etc. /
Posted by: anonymous
Date: January 15, 2018 05:34AM

@siria
"Super Drags are drag and drop gestures actions". The target is invalid. The action runs a super drag command. Examples are here.

Date: January 15, 2018 08:34AM

Sorry my mistake - after enabling gestures and restarting, it obviously was still off and didn't notice. No idea why, but now it works.

Now could see that the action to start this superdrag thingee is "left-drag into any direction". Any chance the description in the xul can be improved this way? Instead of a confusing "Drag and drop"?

Description line for normal gestures is:
"A mouse gesture is performed by pressing and releasing the right mouse button while moving your mouse into the specified direction."

Description line for superdrag is:
New: ??

And after looking into about:config now wondering what this "ui hack" and the "single-finger-input" means exactly...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2018 08:54AM by siria.

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 15, 2018 09:20AM

rodocop
PEACE, FOLKS!

We all just want to make K-Meleon better - thank you both and all contributors.

Now about Gestures-related localization:

there is one more file needing to be updated: locale.jar\kmprefs\kplugins\gestures.dtd

In most of locales it contains untranslated part - this section:
<!-- Super Drags -->
<!ENTITY super-drags.label	"Super Drags">
<!ENTITY super-drags.descr	"Super Drags are drag and drop gestures actions for images, links and texts.">
<!ENTITY super-drag.image	"Super Drag Image">
<!ENTITY super-drag.link	"Super Drag Link">
<!ENTITY super-drag.text	"Super Drag Text">

Thx comrade I had not noticed the new panel.

I will update.

Date: January 15, 2018 09:22AM

siria
Sorry my mistake - after enabling gestures and restarting, it obviously was still off and didn't notice. No idea why, but now it works.

Now could see that the action to start this superdrag thingee is "left-drag into any direction". Any chance the description in the xul can be improved this way? Instead of a confusing "Drag and drop"?

Description line for normal gestures is:
"A mouse gesture is performed by pressing and releasing the right mouse button while moving your mouse into the specified direction."

Description line for superdrag is:
New: ??

And after looking into about:config now wondering what this "ui hack" and the "single-finger-input" means exactly...

Ja new.

Du ziehst was an eine Stelle URL bar oder so und läßt los. Normal.

Und wenn du da ne Mausgeste für bestimmst. Denke ich.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2018 09:23AM by guenter.

Date: January 15, 2018 09:35AM

J.G.
siria

Nada Amigo. Do not be sorry.

You are not the only person that our old Lady had an outing with.

I got my fat the other day too. That is normal for her.

Only that she and I had our little flame war mostly in German.

She is very good at flame wars and such. Like all girls. tongue sticking out smiley

In German we even have a name for these girly wars - Zickenkrieg.

The war of the female goats.

Date: January 15, 2018 10:33AM

guenter
J.G.
siria

She is very good at flame wars and such. Like all girls. tongue sticking out smiley

Oh :O:O:O
I didn't know that @siria is girl!
Know I understand better her impressive work capacity!
German words are beautiful, all sounds good.

PS. I started classes today, I won't have to much free time.
@guenter thank you very much, you are a gentleman!

Date: January 15, 2018 11:15AM

guenter

Can't believe it - again. YOU are the one loving senseless wars, but I'm finally not taking all your mockeries silently any longer.
If anyone wonders, he's referring to those discussions, just the last days:

Discussion-1:
He claimed the FR locale pure horror and almost unfixable a couple times, so I finally checked and first posted the solution here (2 posts):
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?20,144562,144968#msg-144968
and another post somewhere too.
Reaction? He saw no reason to take a closer look at either, being written only by me, and kept complaining that FR-bugs were so mysterious and probably unfixable.
Tried next attempt, all solutions as detailed and easy as any possible, definitely not overlook-able, and complete with some other fixes too:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?20,144855,145071#msg-145071
Again, he saw no reason to take any serious look at it, being written by me after all.
STILL declaring that FR-bugs were so mysterious and probably unfixable. Even wanting to kill the about-preferences pages intentionally now, in order to "fix" about-addons!
Finally, in order to somehow get him to take note of the READY SOLUTIONS, out of pure desperation didn't know how to catch his attention anymore and tried talking a bit louder - which of course ALSO resulted only in attacks:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?20,145068,145076#msg-145076

Discussion-2, next day:
A locale attachment he had exchanged again some days later, while still keeping three (3!) old dates in the post so that no one had a chance to notice. Can happen, but then claiming a "broken" download when someone had another version as his latest. And reacting offended as usual when I merely explained the real reason:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?20,144855,145192#msg-145192

Sorry but YOU are the one who keeps attacking and offending and mocking me, out of the blue. For no reason except possibly hurt macho pride when being explained something, and not wanting to consider for a single second a possible own mistake. Or perhaps even merely needing some scapegoat to kick, don't know. But when I then once, when it got far too extreme, dare to reply you shall not be so oversensitive, you cry 'war'.
Or when you force me to post a hint in big red letters, because after several 'normal', futile attempts there was no other possibility anymore to get your attention, to finally read a bugfix.
Always just trying to help.
Meanwhile I'm really losing patience with your ridiculous male pride wars sad smiley

The huge problem is that this is not the first time, but since years you're attacking me with your endless Hate, Offences, Mockeries and Flaming. Lots of times already, just usually you did it in the shadows by dropping into german language for such actions. Often in the middle of a posting, after writing a bit normal sounding english stuff first, to delude other readers, then switching to german for the aggressive parts. Only in rare occasions, when there's an extra good opportunity, even flaming and lying publicly in english, to put icing on the cake, as now here again. And why not, never any consequences to fear in this forum.
I'll never understand how someone can be so completely unable to handle even the slightest contradiction about anything, without starting to spit and kick like a little kid. Just like DonaldT. Regarding judgement and emotions and non-conscience and loving fake news, exactly the same, and just like him always getting away with it happily. How handy that in my case, as someone who still dares to speak up when you're posting something questionable, it's even a german native too and even a woman, a double bonus for your attacks going mostly unnoticed, and being taken very lightly by others. With the rest of the forum never caring.
But this has been going on again for too many years already. Enough is enough, every person has a limit somewhere.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2018 02:07AM by siria.

Date: January 15, 2018 02:11PM

siria
guenter

Can't believe it - again. YOU are the one loving senseless wars, but I'm finally not taking all your mockeries silently any longer.
If anyone wonders, he's referring to those discussions, just the last days:

Discussion-1:
He claimed the FR locale pure horror and almost unfixable a couple times, so I finally checked and first posted the solution here (2 posts):
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?20,144562,144968#msg-144968
and another post somewhere too.
Reaction? He saw no reason to take a closer look at either, being written only by me, and kept complaining that FR-bugs were so mysterious and probably unfixable.
Tried next attempt, all solutions as detailed and easy as any possible, definitely not overlook-able, and complete with some other fixes too:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?20,144855,145071#msg-145071
Again, he saw no reason to take any serious look at it, being written by me after all.
STILL declaring that FR-bugs were so mysterious and probably unfixable. Even wanting to kill the about-preferences pages intentionally now, in order to "fix" about-addons!
Finally, in order to somehow get him to take note of the READY SOLUTIONS, out of pure desperation didn't know how to catch his attention anymore and tried talking a bit louder - which of course ALSO resulted only in attacks:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?20,145068,145076#msg-145076

Discussion-2, next day:
A locale attachment he had exchanged again some days later, while still keeping three (3!) old dates in the post so that no one had a chance to notice. Can happen, but then claiming a "broken" download when someone had another version as his latest. And reacting offended as usual when I merely explained the real reason:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?20,144855,145192#msg-145192

Sorry but YOU are the one who keeps attacking and offending and mocking me, out of the blue. For no reason except possibly hurt macho pride when being explained something, and not wanting to consider for a single second a possible own mistake. Or perhaps even merely needing some scapegoat to kick, don't know. But when I then once, when it got far too extreme, dare to reply you shall not be so oversensitive, you cry 'war'.
Or when you force me to post a hint in big red letters, because after several 'normal', futile attempts there was no other possibility anymore to get your attention, to finally read a bugfix.
Always just trying to help.
Meanwhile I'm really losing patience with your ridiculous male pride wars sad smiley

Oh my goodness. Now I got my fat again. smiling smiley

Forgove me please!

p.s. Du dat isn Neur - ik will nich - dat he geiht. Klaro?
Ik war ook angepißt & sagte nix.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2018 02:26PM by guenter.

Date: January 15, 2018 02:16PM

J.G .

Oh :O:O:O
I didn't know that @siria is girl!
Know I understand better her impressive work capacity!
German words are beautiful, all sounds good.

PS. I started classes today, I won't have to much free time.
@guenter thank you very much, you are a gentleman!

Yes. Sirius (m) <-> Siria (f). From Southern Germany.

p.s. I wish You much success. We are through the biggest time consuming mess. :cool:

We all thank You very much for doing so much for the Spanish locale and the others too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2018 02:23PM by guenter.

Re: KM translation/locales, discussions etc. /
Posted by: anonymous
Date: January 15, 2018 05:13PM

siria
Both Gecko preference settings existed for years and are not used by gestures kplugin.

K-plugin description
Date: January 16, 2018 06:57PM

As suggested of siria in F2-K-Meleon plugins missing strings for adblock and spellcheck for some languages (including English!). If you want check jar\kmprefs\pref-kplugins.properties and add those duly translated:

spellcheck=Attiva o disattiva il correttore ortografico.
adblockplus=Attiva o disattiva il plugin Adblock Plus.

For me, for these things that affect all localizations we should use, for example, this discussion and use specific language threads for specific problems, updates, etc. To avoid confusion and dispersions. Also avoiding that some useful information goes unnoticed.
You can also add as thread title a little description of the missing strings...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2018 08:10PM by Niceeight.

Re: K-plugin description
Date: January 17, 2018 02:40AM

Niceeight
As suggested of siria in F2-K-Meleon plugins missing strings for adblock and spellcheck for some languages (including English!). If you want check jar\kmprefs\pref-kplugins.properties and add those duly translated:

spellcheck=Attiva o disattiva il correttore ortografico.
adblockplus=Attiva o disattiva il plugin Adblock Plus.

For me, for these things that affect all localizations we should use, for example, this discussion and use specific language threads for specific problems, updates, etc. To avoid confusion and dispersions. Also avoiding that some useful information goes unnoticed.
You can also add as thread title a little description of the missing strings...

Thanks! Also for KM-Goanna this line is needed for basic Adblock plugin:
adblock=Allows basic Adblock plugin.
and for other languages too if I am right.

Probably most simple string should be:
spellcheck=Attiva il correttore ortografico.
because if checked/unchecked the action is done/undone. :s

* The default spanish/english lines for Adblockplus are:
adblockplus=Proporciona un botón a la barra de herramientas para controlar Adblock Plus.
adblockplus=Provides a toolbar/button to control Adblock Plus.
So italian should be...?
adblockplus=Fornisce un pulsante alla barra degli strumenti per controllare Adblock Plus.
:s

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2018 03:08AM by J.G..

Re: K-plugin description
Date: January 17, 2018 06:42AM

Added at es-ES.jar\kmprefs\kplugins\kplugins.properties:
adblock=Adblock básico

For all locales needed also:
unknown_kplugin=unknown or invalid
unknown_kplugin=unbekannt oder ungültig
unknown_kplugin=inconnu ou invalide
unknown_kplugin=sconosciuto o non valido
unknown_kplugin = неизвестное или неверное