Localization :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about translating K-Meleon. Creating and updating locales, solving l10n-related bugs, etc. 
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: [TRANSLATION] K-Meleon 76 on Goanna 3.4.1
Posted by: guenter
Date: January 01, 2018 07:39AM

J.G.
siria
(...)
Have just taken a look into the it-folder in brandnew Goanna, and noticed strange files in it: some script (probably for auto-updating as mentioned by guenter?), install + nsh + ini files, and two kmeleon.dlls (second names "_original.dll", which are not contained in the other locales.
Have no idea, just wondering if perhaps this has to do with this prob.
(...)

Yes, you are completely right and @Roytam1 too. I reverted these two changes at KM-Goanna with IT italian locale and nothing happened, so I apologize for this mistake because these two lines <!ENTITY buildname.label "disabled=false;"> and <!ENTITY builddate.label "disabled=true;"> are only needed with KMmeleon 76RC2pro portable by @Rodocop. You can try yourself to check this situation. However, I have five KMeleon folders, one of KM-Goanna fresh, other with KM-Goanna tweaked for experiments and locales, one of KM-76RC2pro portable fresh and other with KM-76RC2pro portable tweaked for experiments and locales also, and if all don't be enough, one folder with KM-75.1 to resolve the slow problem (the antivirus problem), so as a newbie to this browser I fell in a regrettable confusion anyway. Sorry again. sad smiley

Totally ok IMHO if it-IT gets additional strings to make it usable with Your favourite unofficial versions or Your favourite extensions.

That is the prerogative of the translator.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: siria
Date: January 01, 2018 11:27AM

guenter
Totally ok IMHO if it-IT gets additional strings

@guenter:
You always post about duplicate locale-names since years, but in reality all locale folders except spanish and chinese have only single locale names (de,fr,it etc.) So duplicate-names are wrong and this can possibly lead to mistakes too.

Regarding your note above about some prob with bluhell translation, how can I reproduce it exactly, to check it myself?
The suspicion is, since the dtd-files look definitely the same, except for shortcut key being "R" in en+cn but a small "n" in german (or are smallcaps incompatible?), then the reason must be elsewhere.
Those "manifest" files are first suspects, when I look at those of other addons... chrome.manifest... extensions.manifest... manifests inside the xpi itself or outside... and xpi's seem to usually contain their translations directly inside the xpi itself?? This science feels all chinese to me yet...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2018 11:32AM by siria.

Date: January 01, 2018 11:43AM

siria
guenter
Totally ok IMHO if it-IT gets additional strings

@guenter:
You always post about duplicate locale-names since years, but in reality all locale folders except spanish and chinese have only single locale names (de,fr,it etc.) So duplicate-names are wrong and this can possibly lead to mistakes too.

Regarding your note above about some prob with bluhell translation, how can I reproduce it exactly, to check it myself?
The suspicion is, since the dtd-files look definitely the same, except for shortcut key being "R" in en+cn but a small "n" in german (or are smallcaps incompatible?), then the reason must be elsewhere.
Those "manifest" files are first suspects, when I look at those of other addons... chrome.manifest... extensions.manifest... manifests inside the xpi itself or outside... and xpi's seem to usually contain their translations directly inside the xpi itself?? This science feels all chinese to me yet...

German has several versions. de-At for example. Italian has several language like dialects inside the country.

Italian translation still has issues in chrome. Switch between language and compare the layout in K-Meleon plugins of Preferences. Likely missing strings.

I am working on the problem with Bluehell since it affects all languages except English and Chinese.

You go to a link that calls blocked.xhtml and have a missing entity error in <h>... Line number. I used Chinese Manifest file and altered it to German but have not checked for results since I have other problem with German translation.

BTW. I added German dictionaries old and new spelling to locale. Yes - they and AfAIK also language specific search.xml can be there. You asked for it somewehere.

Date: January 01, 2018 12:30PM

guenter
German has several versions. de-At for example. Italian has several language like dialects inside the country.

In theory yes, but for KM the folder names matter. Wouldn't make things more complicated as necessary. For english and spanish and chinese language variations are truly important, but making own KM-translations for Swiss and Austrian is rather funny, and will definitely not be maintained in KM :cool:

guenter
I am working on the problem with Bluehell since it affects all languages except English and Chinese.

Just because for file searches the spelling is important: bluhell without ue

guenter
BTW. I added German dictionaries old and new spelling to locale

I like a lot if dictionaries are included, and file size seems rather tiny therefore no prob. But shouldn't they be placed into the dictionaries folder?? This is also where a spellcheck macro would look them up, and for example can open this folder for users to manage their dictionaries in one place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2018 12:31PM by siria.

Date: January 01, 2018 02:51PM

siria
guenter

In theory yes, but for KM the folder names matter. Wouldn't make things more complicated as necessary. For english and spanish and chinese language variations are truly important, but making own KM-translations for Swiss and Austrian is rather funny, and will definitely not be maintained in KM :cool:

guenter

Just because for file searches the spelling is important: bluhell without ue

guenter
BTW. I added German dictionaries old and new spelling to locale

I like a lot if dictionaries are included, and file size seems rather tiny therefore no prob. But shouldn't they be placed into the dictionaries folder?? This is also where a spellcheck macro would look them up, and for example can open this folder for users to manage their dictionaries in one place.

Since Fred is gone - You are right about Swiss. But we used de-At for long when we depended on SeaMonkey for chrome - KaiRo's German version.

Google will just write - do You mean: ...

Do You really think I have not checked that it works when dics are there?
French is there and works IMHO too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2018 02:52PM by guenter.

Date: January 01, 2018 10:26PM

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?19,144552,144602#msg-144602

J.G.
I'm building a portable version with fully ES locale only and H264 support that works on every computer, because some relatives of my closest friends have Windows 7 with older computers than mine. Also a few friends of mine has it working like a charm. Probably their CPUs accept SSE2, SSE and MMX but I need to be sure. Days ago I installed the KM76RC2pro on my aunt's machine, running Windows XP (that curiously worked really fine)... while waiting for a Pro version of KM-Goanna.

Just as hint, if you want a complete ES locale based on rodocops PRO version, he has additional translations in the RU-folder for a bunch of extra macros/addons.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: January 02, 2018 09:44AM

guenter

German has several versions. de-At for example.
Boarisch ned vagessn!
Bassd scho. smiling smiley

Posted by: Niceeight
Date: January 02, 2018 02:01PM

guenter

Italian translation still has issues in chrome. Switch between language and compare the layout in K-Meleon plugins of Preferences. Likely missing strings.

I tried use a new version of goanna and i find an older version of ita pack. If you want try with this and let me know if you still find errors and such so I try to correct them because I find no error. ITA Pack.

Posted by: roytam1
Date: January 02, 2018 02:35PM

Niceeight
guenter

I tried use a new version of goanna and i find an older version of ita pack. If you want try with this and let me know if you still find errors and such so I try to correct them because I find no error. ITA Pack.

KM-Goanna-20180101.7z is updated with the link you provided.

Posted by: J.G.
Date: January 02, 2018 03:53PM

siria
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?19,144552,144602#msg-144602

(...)

Just as hint, if you want a complete ES locale based on rodocops PRO version, he has additional translations in the RU-folder for a bunch of extra macros/addons.

Thank you very much for your hint. However I just give up for the moment about localization work. If I am right after read some threads, there are at least two old spanish members here that may help about ES translations too. After all the help provided by @Rodocop, you @Siria and @Guenter, I fixed 'privacy & security' and 'about.support' problems with ES spanish locale ('about.preferences still pending), working well with both KM76RC2 and KM-Goanna but surprisingly nothing was added to latest version of KM-Goanna, only DE/IT locales, both helped also by me, LOL. :O

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2018 04:00PM by J.G..

Date: January 02, 2018 04:31PM

@J.G.
No surprise, you kept saying you have it updated - but please where?? :cool:
Perhaps in a previous post somewhere, but chances to be found are much higher in an own post and attachment on top - as for DE+IT.
Make a new thread, call it... Locale es-ES for KM76-Goanna... or whatever you like.

Sadly our spanish main translator and support-dev desga2 has left a few years ago sad smiley
JohnHell, our other spanish supporter, has suddenly vanished since a month, have been worrying a while - anyone know if he's ok??

But regardless who does the official translations, chances that they also translate the special PRO-macros are ratherlow. So if you want to include those for your friends, you'll have to do those anyway yourself.

PS: the Localization subforum
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/list.php?20
has just recently been created by rodocop, as well as a few other subforums. Really handy, appreciate it more every day grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2018 04:37PM by siria.

Date: January 02, 2018 04:42PM

siria
@J.G.
No surprise, you kept saying you have it updated - but please where?? :cool:
(...)

In fixed it in my computer after read @Rodocop instructions. Everyone else could also fixed it too and upload it for @Roytam1. I don't find the way to attach any file or image here. sad smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2018 04:46PM by J.G..

Date: January 02, 2018 04:47PM

J.G.
In fixed it in my computer after read @Rodocop instructions.

That was my impression yes, LOL! There you have the reason it wasn't attached in Goanna yet grinning smiley

Can't help you with the attaching here myself, but others may hear you smiling smiley

Date: January 02, 2018 05:01PM

siria
J.G.
In fixed it in my computer after read @Rodocop instructions.

That was my impression yes, LOL! There you have the reason it wasn't attached in Goanna yet grinning smiley

Can't help you with the attaching here myself, but others may hear you smiling smiley

Thanks, however all people here could have read @Rodocop's instructions and also my translations fixes for DE and IT locales along this complete thread, so I can't believe that if I spent my time to help other locales nobody has only five minutes to fix my ES locale (just copy and paste) and upload it to @Roytam1. Mostly knowing the problems to upload here or to post screen captures or whatever other usefuls things. Please, don't worry about this issue any longer, I don't need any locale but english, all this amount of work for ES locale is for my friends and they all have my fixed ES locale for their KM76RC2pro by @Rodocop. Thanks! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2018 05:02PM by J.G..

Posted by: rodocop
Date: January 02, 2018 09:34PM

Now all you (registered) CAN attach files here.

Date: January 02, 2018 11:07PM

For J.G.

I found where are the problems in about;preferences for spanish lang.
You need download the attached file and copy the content in es-ES.jar/browser/preferences. The files are in Italian so you need to translate them and you're done. Let me know if it worked...

Attachments: Fix_es_preferences.7z (4.5 KB)  
Date: January 02, 2018 11:12PM

Thank you very much! This will be very useful! Appreciated! grinning smiley

Date: January 02, 2018 11:16PM

Your welcome man! This fix also the same problem with french, deutch and russian language.

Date: January 02, 2018 11:20PM

Thank you too @Rodocop! grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2018 11:20PM by J.G..

Date: January 04, 2018 03:13PM

Niceeight
Your welcome man! This fix also the same problem with french, deutch and russian language.

German is fixed.

There is another method. I downloaded the German FF38 and scavenged the needed files from there.

I attached the it version that I currently use. Maybe spellcheck the last entries in K-Meleon.kml. The rest works ok. IMHO.

Greetings from Hanover

guenter

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2018 03:18PM by guenter.

Attachments: it version 20180101.7z (222.8 KB)  
Date: January 04, 2018 03:48PM

siria
siria
Hint for all translators:
Please check your readme.html pages occasionally too.
Version in title bar?
Version in page header?
Target for Release Notes?

(Description for Goanna????)

In some languages the KM-version has been deleted completely from the title, but am not sure if that's such a good idea, because the link to release notes still requires a certain version.
And especially, because this page is the ONLY reliable source if a user wants to figure out which version he's currently using!
Because the UA string on the "about:" page only shows the current UA, which often is faked, so that page can show a completely wrong version.
Have also liked that in the far past the readme was the only place to see which sub-version it was: alpha? beta1-2-3? final? Even when the UA is correct, it only shows the main branch, never those sub-versions.

guenter
readme.html. Change version to 77 and copyright notice to 2018.

And just discovered:
The "about:" page also contains a link to Release Notes, in upper right corner!
When roytam updated it, he set the wiki-link to "ReleaseNotesGoanna"

UPDATE:
Please check again your readme's, see above.
For the link to RELEASE NOTES, KM76 + KM-Goanna each have now an own page in the wiki. For KM-Goanna with the same name as was used by roytam for the "about:" page (upper right corner). For the moment of course only as first draft pages, just links to the forum, but this can be edited later if anyone has time.
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/wiki/ReleaseNotes

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2018 03:59PM by siria.

Date: January 04, 2018 03:57PM

guenter
Du machst die Ãœbersetzung der Seite. tongue sticking out smiley You must translate all.
Version in title bar come from prefs.js. Mine shows K-Meleon 77.

You have a little misunderstanding here :cool:
The title in prefs.js is only a suffix, to ALL pages, for multiversion users to quickly see what they are currently using. But this pref doesn't change the original titles.
Example: Open the italian readme.html and look closely at the title...

Date: January 04, 2018 05:32PM

siria
guenter
Du machst die Ãœbersetzung der Seite. tongue sticking out smiley You must translate all.
Version in title bar come from prefs.js. Mine shows K-Meleon 77.

You have a little misunderstanding here :cool:
The title in prefs.js is only a suffix, to ALL pages, for multiversion users to quickly see what they are currently using. But this pref doesn't change the original titles.
Example: Open the italian readme.html and look closely at the title...

Yes and NO. I had an entry in prefs.js.

user_pref("kmeleon.display.title", "K-Meleon 74");

Sorry if this was not clear - I mean such entries.

Date: January 04, 2018 05:35PM

siria
siria
siria
Hint for all translators:
Please check your readme.html pages occasionally too.
Version in title bar?
Version in page header?
Target for Release Notes?

(Description for Goanna????)

In some languages the KM-version has been deleted completely from the title, but am not sure if that's such a good idea, because the link to release notes still requires a certain version.
And especially, because this page is the ONLY reliable source if a user wants to figure out which version he's currently using!
Because the UA string on the "about:" page only shows the current UA, which often is faked, so that page can show a completely wrong version.
Have also liked that in the far past the readme was the only place to see which sub-version it was: alpha? beta1-2-3? final? Even when the UA is correct, it only shows the main branch, never those sub-versions.

guenter
readme.html. Change version to 77 and copyright notice to 2018.

And just discovered:
The "about:" page also contains a link to Release Notes, in upper right corner!
When roytam updated it, he set the wiki-link to "ReleaseNotesGoanna"

UPDATE:
Please check again your readme's, see above.
For the link to RELEASE NOTES, KM76 + KM-Goanna each have now an own page in the wiki. For KM-Goanna with the same name as was used by roytam for the "about:" page (upper right corner). For the moment of course only as first draft pages, just links to the forum, but this can be edited later if anyone has time.

THX. I did not know there is a Release Notes Page for this one.
No. I do not change that now. Not until it says 77.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2018 05:36PM by guenter.

Date: January 04, 2018 05:46PM

guenter

As a workaround in case of doubt one can simply link to the list-for-all-Releases above.
But linking to KM75 (as most still have) from a KM76 or a Goanna-build is just wrong.
And directly linking to a forum post is unlikely to be remembered and updated at a later release. Therefore it would be more flexible if readme's link to the wiki first. It now redirects to the same forum link, but updating the wiki in the future will not require anymore updating the readme's as well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2018 05:52PM by siria.

Date: January 04, 2018 10:09PM

siria
guenter

As a workaround in case of doubt one can simply link to the list-for-all-Releases above.

Good idea. I will link there on the next update.

Date: January 05, 2018 02:20PM

guenter

I attached the it version that I currently use. Maybe spellcheck the last entries in K-Meleon.kml. The rest works ok. IMHO.

Thanks, the translation is fine!

Date: January 05, 2018 06:13PM

Niceeight
guenter

Thanks, the translation is fine!

You did the yeoman job updating the orphaned it locale.

p.s. I found two more missing items in my German and Your Italian kmeleon.kmm
Also missing in French.

# ----------- Missing Zoom items

Reset zoom to default value=Reimposta lo zoom sul valore predefinito
&Reset Zoom=&Ripristina zoom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2018 09:00PM by guenter.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.