Localization :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about translating K-Meleon. Creating and updating locales, solving l10n-related bugs, etc. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
K-Meleon 76 on Goanna 3.4.2 (Build 20180101)
Posted by: guenter
Date: January 01, 2018 03:30PM

The locales of this version still have problems.

The red ones are missing in almost all locale versions - all three in French and German.

To check, activate the plugin and do mouse over and it show English text.
Default Skin.

Klassic and alternatives skin are based on older text and are translated.

# ---------- New Skin Fix. KML extras for Dorian's new skin code. Add to kmeleon.kml or create a separate one. 

Add Bookmark. Right-click for more options.=Lesezeichen hinzufügen. Für mehr Optionen rechts-klicken.
Edit Favorites. Right-click for more options.= Favoriten bearbeiten. Für mehr Optionen rechts-klicken.
Edit Hotlist. Right-click for more options.= Hotlist bearbeiten. Für mehr Optionen rechts-klicken.

Many have issues with missing.

pref-privacy.dtd:

<!ENTITY cookies.accept.visited "From visited sites only">

Italian Preferences has layout problems in the K-Meleon-plugins section.

roytam1 changed URL Bar menu.

Add to kml: &Copy URL=

German adds: &Copy URL=URL &kopieren

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2018 09:55AM by guenter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon 76 on Goanna 3.4.2 (Build 20180101)
Posted by: J.G.
Date: January 02, 2018 03:35PM

At least DE german and IT italian locales are included with updated versions LOL. After some time here helping for IT/DE and ES locales, only new updated locales for DE/IT were added to latest KM-Goanna 3.4.2 but nothing has been fixed for ES spanish locales with the next problems:

-------
about.support
-------
Error de lectura XML: entidad no definida Ubicación: jar:file:///C:/Users/usuario/Documents/KM-Goanna/omni.ja!/chrome/toolkit/content/global/aboutSupport.xhtml Número de línea 43, columna 13:
<h3>&aboutSupport.restartTitle;</h3>
------
about.preferences
------
Error de lectura XML: entidad no definida
Número de línea 109, columna 7: <richlistitem id="category-search"
------
privacy & security options
------
Número de línea 170, columna 3
------

@Rodocop fixed the 'privacy & security options' and 'about.support'.
'about.preferences' fixing is still pending and I have not found the file.
I just copied and pasted @Rodocop's KM76RC2pro ES fixed by me (helped by @Rodocop) to replace ES spanish locale at KM-Goanna. Thank you very much @Rodocop. smiling smiley

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2018 05:04PM by J.G..

Date: January 03, 2018 12:15AM

No German was also old and faulty. But at least that got me working at it again.

No matter where we steal or borrow. Main thing we fix it. :drool:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2018 12:17AM by guenter.

Date: January 03, 2018 03:13AM

@Guenter, member @Niceeight has solved mostly all the about;preferences issues:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?20,144350,144663#msg-144663
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?20,144350,144665#msg-144665

However you should translate those files uploaded by @Niceeight to german. It has been a hard effort for me to translate from italian to spanish, however I have now mostly all the about;preferences options solved (applications and advanced are still not working, but it's an amazing advance to solve this issue). Also I have found that there is no backward compatibility from KM-Goanna to KM76RC2: locales must be fixed first for KM76RC2 to work with older versions. :s

Re: K-Meleon 76 on Goanna 3.4.2 (Build 20180101) / readme
Posted by: siria
Date: January 03, 2018 08:49AM

Hint for all translators:
Please check your readme.html pages occasionally too.
Version in title bar?
Version in page header?
Target for Release Notes?
(Description for Goanna????)

In some languages the KM-version has been deleted completely from the title, but am not sure if that's such a good idea, because the link to release notes still requires a certain version.
And especially, because this page is the ONLY reliable source if a user wants to figure out which version he's currently using!
Because the UA string on the "about:" page only shows the current UA, which often is faked, so that page can show a completely wrong version.
Have also liked that in the far past the readme was the only place to see which sub-version it was: alpha? beta1-2-3? final? Even when the UA is correct, it only shows the main branch, never those sub-versions.

Release Notes are a real prob because they don't exist yet for 76 and Goanna sad smiley But linking to forum threads doesn't help much either because those are quickly outdated too, with more dev-versions to follow, as long as there's no final version.
But don't know where to link better... perhaps to the wiki for 76, hoping the page will be created in the future?? No idea...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2018 09:02AM by siria.

Date: January 03, 2018 08:55AM

J.G.
However you should translate those files uploaded by @Niceeight to german. It has been a hard effort for me to translate from italian to spanish

Confused, why not from english?

Date: January 03, 2018 09:50AM

siria
J.G.
However you should translate those files uploaded by @Niceeight to german. It has been a hard effort for me to translate from italian to spanish

So am I - I cannot read Spanish or Italian. At least not well enough.

The reference language from which to translate is English.

readme.html. Change version to 77 and copyright notice to 2018.

remove user_pref("kmeleon.display.title", "K-Meleon 74"); or whatever from prefs.js in profile. When checking results.

p.s. The files in the archive are from /browser/preferences and You would not translate them but take them from the Firefox version from which the XUL comes.
Less work - because IT, ES and DE translated versions exist.

So what version does the XUL come from. I checked with the corresponding Goanna German version - but they are not exactly the same. So?

search.dtd no idea from where it comes and where it will go.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2018 01:53PM by guenter.

Date: January 03, 2018 12:39PM

J.G.
At least DE german and IT italian locales are included with updated versions LOL. After some time here helping for IT/DE and ES locales, only new updated locales for DE/IT were added to latest KM-Goanna 3.4.2 but nothing has been fixed for ES spanish locales with the next problems:

-------
about.support
-------
Error de lectura XML: entidad no definida Ubicación: jar:file:///C:/Users/usuario/Documents/KM-Goanna/omni.ja!/chrome/toolkit/content/global/aboutSupport.xhtml Número de línea 43, columna 13:
<h3>&aboutSupport.restartTitle;</h3>
------
about.preferences
------
Número de línea 109, columna 7: <richlistitem id="category-search"
------
privacy & security options
------
Número de línea 170, columna 3
------

@Rodocop fixed the 'privacy & security options' and 'about.support'.
'about.preferences' fixing is still pending and I have not found the file.
I just copied and pasted @Rodocop's KM76RC2pro ES fixed by me (helped by @Rodocop) to replace ES spanish locale at KM-Goanna. Thank you very much @Rodocop. smiling smiley

Always the same system.

You can find which dtd when You open the page that has the error:
Example: chrome://kmprefs/content/pref-privacy.xul
When You look into it You will find the used dtd file listed.
<!DOCTYPE page SYSTEM "chrome://kmprefs/locale/pref-privacy.dtd">That is line 9.
Now the error is in line 170.
<radio value="3" label="&cookies.accept.visited;"/>
The red must get a line in the dtd and be translated. We were through that? Yes!
So in German the error is only because an older de.jar was used.

But about:preferences does not work in German. It is not really used IMHO. It is the Firefox XUL duplicate of a thing K-Meleon sets somewhere else. Does it really have influence/power on K-Meleon's settings? I have never tried.

seach.dtd does not exist in the German locale. I found where it is in Goanna Chrome. I will translate.

about:support works in German.

To fix German about:preferences I downloaded Firefox 38 ESR German package.
I unpacked it and exchanged the files in locales/browser/ & browser/preferences with the 38 ESR ones from 2015 - the old ones were 2010. I had noticed that the working dtd for Chinese were from 2015. I guess You can fix Italian and Spanish the same way. French and Russian locale maintainers may also try the same.

Italian has much too many files in locale/browser. Do a file compare in a two panel file manager comparing in e.g. with German, Spanish or US. I had time to do it. I added some missing strings to bottom of K-Meleon.kml. Bumped the up date of copyright in readme.html to 2018. And checked whether all works here. See attachment.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2018 03:17PM by guenter.

Attachments: it version 20180101.7z (222.8 KB)  
Re: [TRANSLATION] KM76-Goanna 3.4.2 (Build 20180101)
Date: January 03, 2018 02:45PM

For curiosity, I've downloaded from the web (quickly found) the german "language packs" for FF 31.0, 38.05, 45.0, 57.0 (oops - thought 52)
And now when I want to look up something, can simply do a windows file search across ALL :cool:
The search.dtd is contained there.
Makes sense to also check the newer ones, because roytam said Goanna is based on Gecko38 but it does contain also some elements from newer versions.

Scary: since FF45 they contain a folder META-INF, which has one of those stupid manifests inside - and now with MD5+SHA numbers inside!! Urgh.

Another key I found are the two omni.ja files in the browser. They contain the en-US locale files!
Unzipping both omni's is another key to find where and what's broken by simply doing a windows file search inside.

Now after reading your post, not sure if there are separate packs for FF-ESR, and I got perhaps only "simple" ones??

And had not noticed until your post the xul-files even contain direct links to their dtd-files! Cool.

And do I read this right, all files in the "browser" subfolder can simply be copied over as they are from FF?

And have been wondering for a while if it would be a prob, if a dtd from a newer KM-version would be used in an older KM-version, as long as it contains only more, but not less entries?

[howto locale-translation chrome files BELOW

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2018 06:34PM by siria.

Date: January 03, 2018 03:36PM

siria
For curiosity, I've downloaded from the web (quickly found) the german "language packs" for FF 31.0, 38.05, 45.0, 57.0 (oops - thought 52)
And now when I want to look up something, can simply do a windows file search across ALL :cool:
The search.dtd is contained there.
Makes sense to also check the newer ones, because roytam said Goanna is based on Gecko38 but it does contain also some elements from newer versions.

Scary: since FF45 they contain a folder META-INF, which has one of those stupid manifests inside - and now with MD5+SHA numbers inside!! Urgh.

Another key I found are the two omni.ja files in the browser. They contain the en-US locale files!
Unzipping both omni's is another key to find where and what's broken by simply doing a windows file search inside.

Now after reading your post, not sure if there are separate packs for FF-ESR, and I got perhaps only "simple" ones??

And had not noticed until your post the xul-files even contain direct links to their dtd-files! Cool.

And do I read this right, all files in the "browser" subfolder can simply be copied over as they are from FF?

And have been wondering for a while if it would be a prob, if a dtd from a newer KM-version would be used in an older KM-version, as long as it contains only more, but not less entries?

Yes. & That copy job from FF 38 fixed the problems with German about:about pages. Yes. Only aboutHome.dtd is edited. We edit the files in D:\de\de\de.jar\branding\. The rest is Firefox and Toolkit. In Toolkit a few files must be edited or redirected to our pages. Example. override chrome://global/content/about.xhtml chrome://kmeleon/content/about.xhtml

Yes. You copy all over and then delete the files that are not used by K-Meleon.
I am doing it that way since version 0.9 for Fred's issue.It became a lot easier when we switched to Firefox and toolkit. LOL.

Yes. dtd and properties can contain more entries. German jar supports some older private editions with additional entries - naruman's versions. The same for kml. No problem if You have more.

But cave - the FF devs sometimes change and drop names in FF chrome. & ours too. tongue sticking out smiley

Date: January 03, 2018 05:26PM

siria
J.G.

I thought it was the only way, but @Guenter has found a better solution. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2018 05:29PM by J.G..

Date: January 03, 2018 05:39PM

siria
(...)

May you post the site? I only have found complete versions, not locales.
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/

Ok, I think I found them. Only two versions are marked green to download, version 38.0.5 from July 3, 2015, and version 52.0 from March 8, 2017. Anyway, I dowloaded version 38.0 (not marked as green) and I will follow all your instructions again to solve the about;preferences 'applications' and 'advanced' menus. Thanks. smiling smiley
https://addons.mozilla.org/es/firefox/addon/espa%C3%B1ol-espa%C3%B1a-language-pac/versions/

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2018 06:03PM by J.G..

Date: January 03, 2018 06:24PM

guenter
(...)

I unpacked it and exchanged the files in locales/browser/ & browser/preferences with the 38 ESR ones from 2015 - the old ones were 2010. I had noticed that the working dtd for Chinese were from 2015. I guess You can fix Italian and Spanish the same way. French and Russian locale maintainers may also try the same.

(...)

Thank you very much @Guenter, I solved the about;preferences 'Advanced' menu. 'Applications' menu still does not work, however I fixed and uploaded the es-Es spanish locale mostly all fixed compatible with KM76RC2/pro and Kmeleon Goanna. Thanks! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2018 07:35PM by J.G..

Date: January 03, 2018 08:18PM

J.G.
guenter
(...)

(...)

Thank you very much @Guenter, I solved the about;preferences 'Advanced' menu. 'Applications' menu still does not work, however I fixed and uploaded the es-Es spanish locale mostly all fixed compatible with KM76RC2/pro and Kmeleon Goanna. Thanks! smiling smiley

What is application menu? You mean the Menu what plugin or program does what?
Right?

IMHO that is redundant because the K-Meleon Preferences panel uses the Firefox code.

Before You start tell me with what error stops it? But anyway.

I did not update it in the German locale because it did not give me trouble.

E:\KM-Goanna-20171223\KM-Goanna\locales\de\de.jar\mozapps\downloads\

English is in:

E:\KM-Goanna-20171223\KM-Goanna\omni.ja\chrome\en-US\locale\en-US\mozapps\downloads\

Means that it is in the omni.ja that is in Firefox or K-Meleon root directory not the omni.ja in the directory browser.

This Omni.ja that in root directory is not a part from Browser chrome but a part from toolkit chrome. The backend that all: SeaMonkey, Thunderbird etc. use.

I call it toolkit because it was in old times mostly in toolkit.jar.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2018 08:24PM by guenter.

Date: January 03, 2018 09:53PM

guenter
(...)
What is application menu? You mean the Menu what plugin or program does what?
Right?
(...)
Before You start tell me with what error stops it? But anyway.
(...)

I meant about: preferences#applications

Problem: it shows nothing, no error or warning by the way.
However, it's a minor issue IMHO. tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2018 10:22PM by J.G..

Date: January 03, 2018 10:38PM

J.G.

We had endlessly extreme probs for many years for exactly this topic, choosing applications. Forever broken, and needed complicated workarounds which sometimes worked and other times not, always struggling.
If this native Mozilla sheet finally "just works" (?), that would long since be direly needed.

Date: January 03, 2018 11:27PM

siria
J.G.

We had endlessly extreme probs for many years for exactly this topic, choosing applications. Forever broken, and needed complicated workarounds which sometimes worked and other times not, always struggling.
If this native Mozilla sheet finally "just works" (?), that would long since be direly needed.

OK, at least I have fixed mostly 99% of spanish ES locale and uploaded the final package for @Roytam1 to add it for future releases. I am very happy about this after long work process. Thank you all, and please see my final edited topic to give your approval:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?20,144672,144672#msg-144672
smiling smiley

Date: January 03, 2018 11:53PM

siria
Version in title bar?
Version in page header?

In some languages the KM-version has been deleted completely from the title, but am not sure if that's such a good idea, because the link to release notes still requires a certain version.
And especially, because this page is the ONLY reliable source if a user wants to figure out which version he's currently using!
Because the UA string on the "about:" page only shows the current UA, which often is faked, so that page can show a completely wrong version.
Have also liked that in the far past the readme was the only place to see which sub-version it was: alpha? beta1-2-3? final? Even when the UA is correct, it only shows the main branch, never those sub-versions.

guenter

And just discovered:
The "about:" page also contains a link to Release Notes, in upper right corner!
When roytam updated it, he set the wiki-link to "ReleaseNotesGoanna"

Date: January 03, 2018 11:59PM

siria
siria
Version in title bar?
Version in page header?

guenter

And just discovered:
The "about:" page also contains a link to Release Notes, in upper right corner!
When roytam updated it, he set the wiki-link to "ReleaseNotesGoanna"

Du machst die Ãœbersetzung der Seite. tongue sticking out smiley You must translate all.

Version in title bar come from prefs.js. Mine shows K-Meleon 77.

koko war so faul wie ich und hatte Code mit Zukunft gebaut. Deshalb der Link. :cool: Das poste ich nur in Deutsch - mögl. Kritik an nem ex.Dev.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2018 12:05AM by guenter.

Date: January 08, 2018 01:02AM

J.G.
siria
(...)

Ok, I think I found them. Only two versions are marked green to download, version 38.0.5 from July 3, 2015, and version 52.0 from March 8, 2017. Anyway, I downloaded version 38.0 (not marked as green) and I will follow all your instructions again to solve the about;preferences 'applications' and 'advanced' menus. Thanks. smiling smiley
https://addons.mozilla.org/es/firefox/addon/espa%C3%B1ol-espa%C3%B1a-language-pac/versions/

Could that be the reason for the remaining bugs?
38.05 must be a newer as 38.0, have already wondered why you prefered the older one.

Date: January 08, 2018 01:19AM

siria
J.G.
siria
(...)

Ok, I think I found them. Only two versions are marked green to download, version 38.0.5 from July 3, 2015, and version 52.0 from March 8, 2017. Anyway, I downloaded version 38.0 (not marked as green) and I will follow all your instructions again to solve the about;preferences 'applications' and 'advanced' menus. Thanks. smiling smiley

38.05 must be a newer as 38.0, have already wondered why you prefered the older one.

Tested with 38.0.5, same issue at about.preferences#applications with version 38.0.0, so probably it's not the version or the version doesn't match. I also wonder now why I choose older version, sincerely I don't remember. Anyway, was KMeleon built on 38.8 Gecko? :s

- Tested also with 39.0, 40.0 with same result, 57.0 loads nothing.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2018 02:32AM by J.G..

Date: January 08, 2018 04:12AM

J.G.
siria
J.G.
siria
(...)

Tested with 38.0.5, same issue at about.preferences#applications with version 38.0.0, so probably it's not the version or the version doesn't match. I also wonder now why I choose older version, sincerely I don't remember. Anyway, was KMeleon built on 38.8 Gecko? :s

- Tested also with 39.0, 40.0 with same result, 57.0 loads nothing.

I also spend too much time fishing for a solution.
They are not supposed to change chrome in a subversion.

But I think they did. sad smiley

K-Meleon is build with the 38esr branch chrome. I tested e.g. with esr 38.8 chrome.

I checked several 38 versions including the language packs from http://addons.palemoon.org/language-packs/ and whole browsers from https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/38.0/win32/

In Pale Moon German I found 2 untranslated entities that are concerned with the different compatibility of Addons as compared with original Firefox.

And they do not have search.dtd in the required location.

And I also found indication that K-Meleon sometimes does not find strings when they are there.

We often have had the error pointing to:

<!ENTITY richlistitem "category-search....

I looked that up in the code:

Line 109 E:\KM-Goanna-20171215\KM-Goanna\browser\omni.ja\chrome\kmeleon\content\browser\preferences\in-content\preferences.xul

<richlistitem id="category-search"
                    class="category"
                    value="paneSearch"
                    helpTopic="prefs-search"
                    tooltiptext="&paneSearch.title;"
                    align="center">
        <image class="category-icon"/>
        <label class="category-name" flex="1">&paneSearch.title;</label>
      </richlistitem>

What is shown in the error window is IMHO abbreviated and I think the blue is Line 109.

And the red is the first entity that must exist.

One of the files referenced is in

E:\20180106\browser\omni.ja\chrome\kmeleon\content\browser\preferences\in-content\preferences.xul

There we find that entity in one of the refernces files:

Line 26 <!ENTITY % searchDTD SYSTEM "chrome://browser/locale/preferences/search.dtd">

That file does not exist in all locale chromes at this location.

When that existed in

E:\20180106\locales\fr\fr.jar\browser\preferences\search.dtd

I still had mixed results with some of the K-Meleon on Goanna versions I tried.

After that I used the last version of 76b and the newest Goanna reference build to test and posted a locale build that works on 76b. I still had mixed results.

Currently - I do not want to spend as much time with it as with German.

If needed we can use a locale chrome where about : addons works while about: preferences does not. That is easy enough to create with Goanna Chromes.

The same for the other languages where and when it breaks.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2018 04:59AM by guenter.

Date: January 08, 2018 08:35AM

@guenter, you are right about that probably these issues won't get solved. Perhaps the problem is not inside locale packages only but in the GUI interface that changes the language itself too?

A workaround should be found to overpass this dead point. Furthermore, @siria required me to fix one readme.html syntax mistake and I fixed it already, so I am waiting to uploaded the fixed package again. Thanks for your courage trying to solve this inconvenience. :cool:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2018 10:09AM by J.G..

Date: January 08, 2018 10:47AM

J.G.
A workaround should be found to overpass this dead point. Furthermore, @siria required me to fix one readme.html syntax mistake and I fixed it already, so I am waiting to uploaded the fixed package again. Thanks for your courage trying to solve this inconvenience. :cool:

And now you're sitting impatiently and can't wait to post the harmless readme-fix grinning smiley Believe me I know the feeling but considering the time is NOT running away for a change, because roytam updates Goanna currently weekly and it's still just test builds, in my opinion there's currently no urge to post every little fix immediately. At least not complete with the whole packages each time, considering the massive server space prob.
Unless you could post them on an external server somewhere?

And the application management has also been a HUGE prob in the past, for many years again and again in the forum, because the native function for MimeTypes is (was??) very buggy. If the native Mozilla sheet would finally solve this prob, it would be very important in my view too. If it works in 1-2 languages, the prob is in the other locales and can be found. If only not each and every language would have so extremely different file and folder structures, and even the simple manifest-files are chaotic.

By the way am not 'requiring' anything, that's not my job here, am only trying to create more awareness for probs.

Regarding especially language packs, the prob is that "replaced" files still remain forever on the server, nothing gets ever deleted. Can be seen when opening old links to direct attachment-file-numbers. So each version piles up the big data heap more, if there are 20, 30, 40 versions... and for some languages even 2x the size every time, for 76 OR Goanna.

Dorian
You should also be careful with the forum limits. Sourceforge has a fair use of 100Mb for the database, and we're using more than 600Mb.
The wiki is using 125Mb. The forum has a search index which uses quite some place too.
Problem is both the wiki and the forum store attached files in the database instead of the file system.

And John mentioned the forum is 17 years old, that also means tons of attachments piling up. No idea if anyone here has enough access to the database and could clean up some old stuff??

UPDATE:
looks like replaced files actually do GET deleted now from the database!! OOPS :cool: No idea who fixed it and when, but this is great! smiling smiley smiling smiley (and of course that means, "updated" language files do not contribute to the database prob anymore, so no worries any more about the flood of udpates!)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2018 11:14AM by siria.

Date: January 08, 2018 03:36PM

siria
(...)
And now you're sitting impatiently and can't wait to post the harmless readme-fix grinning smiley (...)

LOL, exactly! Just like the real life! It's marvellous when something got fixed. grinning smiley

Date: January 09, 2018 01:09AM

Finally got a chance to take a look at this mysterious "applications" page you guys are talking about. Now am slightly confused, as it's not anywhere near as bad as it sounded :cool:
- spanish is broken, true, the tab simply does nothing
- but italian works - in english. Still a lot better as not at all (oops my fault)
- all except spanish work fine! IT, EN, FR, DE, CN, RU

So in spanish probably just somewhere a typo or syntax mistake, and we're going to hunt it down now smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2018 03:55AM by siria.

Date: January 09, 2018 03:11AM

Posted spanish solution here:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?20,144672,144951#msg-144951
(just hope it works for others too, not just me)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2018 03:54AM by siria.

Date: January 09, 2018 07:08PM

Now tried to find the culprit file that About:addons is broken in FR+RU

Did a bunch of copy-tests now with the (working) german files, and the broken file for FR is:
mozapps/extensions/extensions.dtd

That's a very long file, but have noticed this has a BRANDNEW date in german and italian, so it must be one of your current fixes.
To find which strings are new, have done a file-compare for Italien KM75.1 vs KM76. Those lines are new:

line7:
<!ENTITY search.buttonlabel "Cerca">

near end:
<!ENTITY setting.learnmore "Ulteriori informazioni…">
<!ENTITY addon.nativeAddon "Questo add-on è nativo per Pale Moon">
<!ENTITY addon.compatAddon "Questo add-on è nativo per Mozilla Firefox e lavora in modalità di compatibilità">

Same in English from OMNI.JA in root:
<!ENTITY search.buttonlabel "Search">
<!ENTITY addon.nativeAddon "This add-on directly targets Pale Moon">
<!ENTITY addon.compatAddon "This add-on targets Mozilla Firefox and runs in compatibility mode">
<!ENTITY setting.learnmore "Learn More…">

What's confusing me now:
In DE+FR all mozapp-files are still dating from 2010!
While some other languages are from 2015, chinese even from 2017.
On the other hand, the native FIREFOX files are all from 2010 too, even in FF57.

And the FF-files are also quite a bit SHORTER, some 30 lines?
That probably means this is the file where some special KM-stuff was merged into?

Date: January 09, 2018 07:26PM

In JAR/mozapps/extensions/extensions.dtd must exist or "about:addons" is broken:

Fromm PALEMOON packs:

DE:
<!ENTITY search.buttonlabel "Suche">
<!ENTITY addon.nativeAddon "Dieses Add-on wurde für Pale Moon angepasst">
<!ENTITY addon.compatAddon "Dieses Add-on ist für Mozilla Firefox und läuft im Kompatibilitätsmodus">
<!ENTITY setting.learnmore "Weitere Informationen…">

ES:
<!ENTITY search.buttonlabel "Buscar">
<!ENTITY addon.nativeAddon "Este complemento está diseñado específicamente para Pale Moon">
<!ENTITY addon.compatAddon "Este complemento está diseñado para Mozilla Firefox y funciona en modo de compatibilidad">
<!ENTITY setting.learnmore "Saber más…">

FR:
<!ENTITY search.buttonlabel "Rechercher">
<!ENTITY addon.nativeAddon "Ce module cible directement Pale Moon">
<!ENTITY addon.compatAddon "Ce module cible Mozilla Firefox et s’exécute en mode de compatibilité">
<!ENTITY setting.learnmore "En savoir plus…">

RU:
<!ENTITY search.buttonlabel "Поиск">
<!ENTITY addon.nativeAddon "Это дополнение предназначено непосредственно для Pale Moon">
<!ENTITY addon.compatAddon "Это дополнение предназначено для Mozilla Firefox и выполняется в режиме совместимости">
<!ENTITY setting.learnmore "Подробнее…">

The above may contain those strings or not, but some only in english yet :cool:
IT+CN are already finished, congratulations! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2018 07:57PM by siria.

Date: January 09, 2018 07:32PM

[_check_ compat addons confusing] .

Thinking about it...

<!ENTITY addon.nativeAddon "This add-on directly targets Pale Moon">
<!ENTITY addon.compatAddon "This add-on targets Mozilla Firefox and runs in compatibility mode">

Isn't that kind of confusing for clueless K-MELEON users, if KM mentions a (to them) completely different, perhaps even UNKNOWN browser? If clueless, sounding just like "This addon is for IE" or such, and they wondering if this means "NOT for KM"?

Perhaps rename it somehow... incl. Goanna... and KM...? But no idea yet how.

But now am rather confused myself:
Does that mean such an addon must run in "Palemoon Compatibility" mode??

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2018 06:28PM by siria.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.