Localization :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about translating K-Meleon. Creating and updating locales, solving l10n-related bugs, etc. 
Bug in Russian translation
Posted by: Anixx
Date: July 27, 2018 08:01PM

Связь с сайтом было оборвана на этапе установления соединения.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bug in Russian translation
Posted by: siria
Date: May 23, 2019 02:25PM

2018-07-17:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?19,146713,146731#msg-146731

hermes
For ABPrime: Added hotfix v.3.0

Basically, changes have affected on localized version. Because of an error and shortcomings in localization files (Russian localization) of browser, search on filters in XPi did not work earlier.

http://forum.geckoworld.ru/index.php/topic,241828.0.html
Hermes
(google translated)

As noted by inapht , when using browser switching to Russian, lost ability to search through [CTRL] + [F] or [F3]. However, having rummaged in understood the problem... that I do not have it smiling smiley Why? As it turned out, because I myself ruled its browser localization since version 74. This is the error of the main localization included in the default kit of all common versions (this is not my bobble). There simply was not registered key, I do not know why it did not come up earlier and how while working ADBLOCK.

Please Hermes & rodocop, if the bug and the solution is known, fix it while roytam1 is still around to post new versions!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2019 02:32PM by siria.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: August 15, 2019 10:39PM

Fixed. Download updated locale from here

Date: November 13, 2019 01:09AM

siria
Please Hermes & rodocop, if the bug and the solution is known, fix it while roytam1 is still around to post new versions!

The general solution known is to set English keyboard layout primary (default) in Windows OS. Main problem is that installation of russian version of Windows always sets russian layout as default. In such a case KM starts to handle hotkeys in cyrillic too (for example CTRL+Ы instead of CTRL+S, CTRL+Щ instead of CTRL+O etc.) but not being able to find those combinations in accel.cfg - loses hotkeys at all.

So one should set latin layout default back (or just create second set of hotkeys in accel.cfg with cyrillic letters :-)

UPD.: made some tests and think I'll use this gimmick to 'solve' the problem of numerous russian users - just need to create accel.cfg with duplicate hotkey codes (second set with cyrillic letters from corresponding buttons) and save it as ANSI-1251 (not UTF-8). This allows KM to 'see' standard latin shortcuts even with russian layout set by default

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2019 01:28AM by rodocop.

Posted by: siria
Date: November 13, 2019 01:37AM

That reminds me, recently someone had another cyrillic prob, zooming didn't work.
Setting a min font size for unicode+cyrillic fixed it! Perhaps you can include that too:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,149949

And too bad that all translators seem to have left sad smiley
By the way the russian pack is missing the latest bunch of fixes too, only JG added those so far.

Posted by: APh
Date: December 17, 2019 09:37PM

Hi!
How to take part in localization?

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: December 18, 2019 03:05PM

APh
Hi!
How to take part in localization?

You just need to attach or post here your modifications/improvements/new translations.

If you are russian and want to continue with its translation, fix it, or whatever, you should start from the latest version posted here:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?20,145068

KML files just have the structure of english=languagetranslation

And dlls and other stuff can be translated with specific tools.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2019 03:06PM by JohnHell.

Date: December 24, 2019 10:21PM

APh,
just PM me (напиши в личку)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.