Localization :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about translating K-Meleon. Creating and updating locales, solving l10n-related bugs, etc. 
translate 0.912 into danish?
Posted by: anonym2012
Date: April 03, 2006 05:00AM

Hi guenter,

Can i still use your script for translate 0.912 into danish?

kr
anonym2012

Quote from

Author: guenter (---.net-htp.de)
Date: 11-19-04 00:11

translating 0.8.2

there is still a script on my homepage - it will help You to translate 0.8.2
http://home.htp-tel.de/sterntaler/startseite.html
http://home.htp-tel.de/sterntaler/indexk.html

(it is partly in German partly in English and i think it is not brocken)

I think You will find a translation for 0.7.1 in the wiki - that will help to get started - in case You do not find someone to help You -

also You can start from another language than English - that way You see better what is code and what You will have to translate to Danish.
kind regards to beautifull Denmark

p. s There will be no script guided translation for 0.9.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: translate 0.912 into danish?
Posted by: alain aupeix chez wanadoo fr
Date: April 03, 2006 06:44AM

There will be no script guided translation for 0.9

Yes and no, but now, It's simplest and easier than before.

The jar files are now easier to translate, cause they already exists for Mozilla 1.7.12, you have just to pick the locale files here

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/l10n/lang/moz1.712/

1)
Take the DK xpi.
open it with Winzip, or 7Zip, or Izarc ...

2)
extract the 3 files under chrome: DK.jar, dk-DK.jar, and dk-win.jar

3) edit installed-chrome.txt and replace the strings(in this order):

en-US by dk-DK
en-win by dk-win
US by DK

don't change it for extensions (where DK locale doesn't exist), for example noscript, mtypes, ....

For K-Meleon.exe, the only way, is to use ResHacker to edit (Dialogs and Strings)

You can also do the same with kplugins, but here you can't use ResHacker, and you must use an hex editor, which is harder to do.

For menus, macros and toolbars it's easier, even it's not always the case with macros.

Last thing, take attention to thez fact that the names must be exactly the same between menus and toolbars (for right-click toolbars menus).

A+

Posted by: rmn
Date: April 03, 2006 02:09PM

> For K-Meleon.exe, the only way, is to use ResHacker to edit (Dialogs and Strings)

Better wait for the translatable version.... (You know, the one where you put one file containing the translation for all strings in the app.)

Posted by: alain aupeix chez wanadoo fr
Date: April 03, 2006 02:45PM

Yes, but it's for 1.0 and the file which is named kmeleonloc.dll (if I remember) must be translated the same way with ResHacker.

A+

Posted by: guenter
Date: April 08, 2006 06:44PM

No it can not be used to translate 0.9 - it is not at my home page any more.
And I will not update, rewrite and extend the many hundred lines of java script to 0.9.- i do not have the time. The script is too big & I broke it long ago. Plus it is not needed any more.

As alain said Dorian´s work will make translations easier for the 1.0 version.
AFAIK those that can compile do not need to resource hack kmeleonloc.dll.

If You translate menus, accel, macros and toolbars.cfg for 0.9.12 the work is not lost since they can be used almost unaltered with version 1.0.

(translation help for mtypes.jar is in da-DK.jar/locale/da-DK/communicator/pref/
use pref-applications.dtd, pref-applications.properties, pref-applications-edit.dtd for the mtypes version that comes with 0.9.12. For working with dtd and properties chrome files You need an editor that can write utf-8, Only the entity <!ENTITY lHeader "K-Meleon Helper Applications"> in pref-applications.dtd was altered, just try whether the original Danish files will work before You start to translate mtypes Yourself - with things like aggreg look whether other versions at Mozilla site contain dansk language files - if You have luck You will find translations )

The chrome files that are unique to k-meleon (like mtypes and aggreg) will AFAIK also be reused with 1.0. So that part of the work can be also reused.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.