Localization :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about translating K-Meleon. Creating and updating locales, solving l10n-related bugs, etc. 
K-Meleon em Português Brasileiro
Posted by: ACM
Date: July 29, 2007 08:08PM

Internautas do Brasil:

Será que muitos de vocês visitam este fórum? Gostaria de saber do interesse dos visitantes do país em ter o K-Meleon em português.

Obrigado.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon em Português Brasileiro
Posted by: cisiodon
Date: July 29, 2007 11:24PM

Seria bom..mas dá um trabalho danado....tem que fazer muitas modificações na configuração.
Mike

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 30, 2007 01:59AM

BR is the most common non English language at Source Force (during BR winter smiling smiley

Translation would be a great investment of time but maybe worthwhile.
greetings from Hannover
guenter

p.s. During br summer most visitors at Source Forge come frome my region.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2007 01:59AM by guenter.

Posted by: oinerds
Date: August 01, 2007 04:53AM

Vários brasileiros estão usando o K-Meleon
com certeza seria uma boa!

Dá muito trabalho, mas tem um cara que traduziu o 1.04, veja a descrição dessa comunidade no orkut http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=28735983

Esse 1.04 dele está muito modificado, porém deve dar uma base boa.

Posted by: OS MELHORES
Date: November 08, 2007 02:08PM

CARA SERIA BOM PARA KCT! O K-MELEON É SEM DUVIDAS O MELHOR NAVEGADOR QUE EU CONHEÇO E SE FOSSE EM PORTUGUES SERIA PERFEITO....
SE ALGUEM SOUBER DE ALGUM LANG MANDA PF NO MEU E-MAIL.....
FICARIA MUITO GRATO...

atosha12@hotmail.com

Posted by: MCHAL
Date: November 09, 2007 05:15PM

Se eu puser um link aqui para a versão 1.1.2 PARCIALMENTE (veja bem: um ou dois menus apenas...) traduzida, alguém se dispõe a baixá-la para testar? É para saber se funciona e, portanto, se vale a pena continuar com a tradução.

Date: November 09, 2007 07:42PM

Desculpem. Desisto. Muito chato. A manutenção será maçante (quando lançarem uma nova versão), pois, pelo visto, não se pode aproveitar quase nada do que já tiver sido traduzido.

Posted by: desga2
Date: November 10, 2007 03:36PM

If you like translate to portuguese, you must read this link:
Localization
Here you found all info about how do it and all files for download.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: November 10, 2007 06:13PM

Hi, Desga.

Thanks for your interest. However, tell me please before my going through all that translation-related text stuff: For each new release of K-Meleon, does the translator have to start the translation job from the ground up, all over again, if he had already translated, say, version 1.1?

Date: November 10, 2007 06:45PM

From K-Meleon 1.1 and the new method for localizations, translated all again isn't needed. Only you have revised before translation for strings changed or new strings added.
For example; i needed for translated before 1.1 versions one months, now with new method since 1.1 version we translated K-M in a week.

Actually 1.1 translation works with all 1.1.x versions and futures 1.1.x versions previus to 1.5. For 1.5 version some little changes will be needed for strings changed and new strings added (new menus and options).

If need help with your portugese brasilian localization ask here in forum, we can help you.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: November 10, 2007 07:53PM

If I understand this thread correctly a 1.02 called 1.04 exists.

Many old translated words from 1.02 language.cfg can be injected by script into new versions kmeleon.kml. "language.cfg to kml.wsf" by kko is part of the localisation package. So You could do a partly translated browser if You have a 1.02 translation.

Most of chrome also exists in pt-BR already since a SeaMonkey exists.

And K-Meleon is able to run with partially translated chrome and menus smiling smiley

Date: November 11, 2007 03:01PM

Hi, Guenter:

Thank you also for your interest and help.

For the sake of translation accureteness and concission, I wouldn't mind producing a new translation file (or files), from the very start of a new translation process. As far as I am concerned though, the trouble is about the easiest and most handy process of keeping the translation up to date, with no need to do it all over again upon a new browser release.

So you mean that the injection process occurs automatically (by someone making the relevant file go into a specific K-Meleon folder through the browser setup bundle), that is, the translator won't have to take care of any kind of coding for making the translation work? Or should a direction be put somewhere for Portuguese speaking users to click the language.cfg to kml.wsf file so that they may be able to use the GUI in Brazilian Portuguese? Sorry for this rather stupid question. I don't know the purpose of the .wsf file.

Does it suffice to translate only the file kmeleon.kml (that comes with v1.1 language bundle) for use with K-Meleon 1.1, 1.2 and 1.5 versions?

As regards the chrome stuff, why and how should I use it? Also, I could just take up the job of doing the translation itself, while someone else would take care of putting the browser distro bundle together...

By the way, I have a licensed enterprise copy of Sisulizer (http://www.sisulizer.com). I could to put it to good use (so that I could always use the translation file it generates for translating updates)...

Regards.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2007 08:06PM by MCHAL.

Date: November 12, 2007 01:39PM

Best collect all old 1.02 pt-BR things first (if there are any).
And then look what has to be done again or what needs new work.

I will look for the chrome parts from Internet sources that can be possibly reused. (download and select what is needed - pt-BR speaking not needed for thatsmiling smiley You can later look whether the translations are accurate and usable. With the real translation only Your own country men can help.

The injection is for rejunvinating already existing, translated K-Meleon strings. It injects them into newer file versions. If a translated string exist it will be inserted. If it does not exist there will be only the "english-string"=(free space). The leaving empty happens were new strings come or where old strings are slightly altered for improvement. It reduces work and shows where new things are.

Desgas2 description is accurate. The Time needed is much shorter than it was in the old days. But he had a good Spanish version to build on. PPL from Forum that have done translations or have an idea how it is done will try to help.

If a full translation is too much works in Your summer - use what pt-BR can be found now - and translate the rest later smiling smiley

I have no idea whether the software that You own can help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2007 01:41PM by guenter.

Date: November 12, 2007 10:14PM

Olha o site do Alexandre Rose (New Site - K-Meleon Brazil)
http://kmeleon.alojagratis.org/

Tópico do fórum para ajudar na tradução (Forum - Thread: Translation to Portuguese Brazilian)
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Alexandre_Rose/index.php?showtopic=16

Vi hoje esse fórum, parece bom!

abraços

Date: November 13, 2007 07:39PM

Guenter:

As mentioned above by oinerds, the guys at kmeleon.alojagratis.org seem to be developing a Brazilian Portuguese unofficial distro of K-meleon and also, apparently, they intend to publish a localized version of the browser in this language. So I see no point in going on with a one-man independent localization project.

Thanks for your kind assistance and good will.

My best regards.

Date: November 13, 2007 08:26PM

In this page: http://kmeleon.alojagratis.org/
"K-Meleon 2.0" is announced.
This could confused some people with an official version of K-Meleon.
I think that they must changed the name to "K-MeleonBr 2.0" (for example), or other similar name, and let the simple name "K-Meleon" for official release of K-Meleon by the K-Meleon Team.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2007 08:28PM by desga2.

Date: November 14, 2007 04:40AM

This unofficial version is very good.

But one official version to Portuguese would be essential.

Date: November 14, 2007 07:43AM

@ MCHAL - the K-Meleon pt-BR version 2.0(?) contains only English sad smiley
Try to get the 1.04 or so pt-BR.cfg if You can. I have most of the chrome except k-m.prefs.

@ oinerds - naturally the k-m 2.0(?) is good. All K-Meleons are smiling smiley

It is as good as all un-official K-Meleon1.1.2[almost 3beta ]updates with extensions. smiling smiley

Yes, it would be good for the project to have not only official Chinese but also Brasilian translation/version for the next K-Meleon update. A joined effort of all Brasilian users would be easier than a "one-man-project". IMHO the expertise of PPL here - like desga2 would help a K-Meleon the birth of a future pt-BR.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2007 07:45AM by guenter.

Date: November 20, 2007 12:40PM

Hi, Guenter:

Thanks for your help and interest. Sorry, I am set on not putting lots of efforts and working hours on projects such as this just to be grossly plagiarized in the end, as it's just happened a few days ago relating my volunteering work for IE7 Pro. Unfortunately, there are lots of rude, mean-spirited and unscrupulous people in my country that simply don't respect civil rights and the work, copyrights and dedication of their co-citizens, nor even of foreigners. I was the first official translator of MyIE browser (now called MAXTHON) and... guess what?

Again, thanks for understanding.

My best regards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2007 07:13PM by MCHAL.

Date: November 21, 2007 04:49AM

You could probably have hosted with the other nations here on SFwinking smiley

But OK - I can understand Your reasons. Nobody would help under these circumstances.
IMHO what these PPL do is contra productive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2007 04:51AM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.