K-Meleon Pro :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Advanced build with extra community stuff for max power and usability 
K-Meleon Pro new stuff: fixes, additions, extensions etc.
Posted by: rodocop
Date: August 24, 2015 12:50PM

Here I will post info about some small developments for making K-Meleon Pro better.

Some of tham are already in box but others are just created or stay in development phase or even simply planned.

Today I present fresh daily 'hack' for Paste & Go function.
As I cannot add it to URLbar context-menu I decided to make it available through webpage context-menu ('Document' one in menus.cfg)

Moreover I added not only that command that was already defined in main.kmm but also another one - for opening URL from clipboard in New Tab.

It looks like this:

...and is called by right-click on any empty space of webpage.

NB! The archive provided assumes replacement of original default menus.cfg! You can add this block to your user menus.cfg instead if you prefer that way:
Nav{
Open &URL from Clipboard=macros(Go_Paste)
Open URL from Clipboard in Ne&w=macros(Go_PasteNew)
}

Attachments: Paste-n-Go_hack.7z (3.4 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon Pro new stuff: fixes, additions, extensions etc.
Posted by: siria
Date: August 24, 2015 07:25PM

Yep, and of course I've long since added that myself too smiling smiley
Similar, not on page context, but on the Go-button which has the traditional menu for such stuff (menu "_Go_Clipboard")
Called it "Paste and Go in new page", since there is already a native command for "Paste and Go".
But in real life it turned out I still just paste into urlbar and just hit Return...

Am wondering too that the urlbar-context menu might be called... It seems that most people are used to look for a menu rather there, not on the Go-button. The long bar is also quicker to hit than a little button. And somehow KM is just a bit different than people are used from other browsers, so they keep missing that stuff sad smiley Even myself was missing for years the "Duplicate Tab" command known from old IE, until finally reading somewhere in the Forum it does exist and just has another name: "Open in new page" - Oops! Never had noticed...
And on the tab-context it's not either. KM has so many functions, but such little differences to other browsers get them overlooked sometimes, that's a pity.

Date: September 01, 2015 11:41AM

KM Pro needs an updated locale for all kmprefs and console2 changes made.

Some of them are inherited by KM 75.1RC, so the locale is published here and also in the corresponding thread

Attachments: ru-locale_KM75_Pro.7z (265.5 KB)  
Date: October 21, 2016 12:13AM

Small extension to fix startup maximizing issues while using titleless skins.
Just unpack it to macros folder if you need it (this is already inbuilt for KM Pro)

Attachments: maxfix.7z (591 bytes)  
Posted by: Spice
Date: December 30, 2019 12:14AM

You need to get rid of the hard-coded Google search engine on the home page. Google sucks. Uninstalled because of this.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.