Other custom builds :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All the custom builds, made and/or maintained by users 
Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
K-Meleon Twin+ is here!!!
Posted by: rodocop
Date: October 27, 2012 07:14PM

Comrades!
I'm very glad to inform you that my work wasn't stopped (as you believe, I think :droolsmiling smiley and now I can introduce to you the Ultimate K-Meleon ever.

NB! 2 more links to download KM Twin added:

1) K-Meleon Twin+
2) K-Meleon Twin+
Check the file size after download - 18 706 813 bytes

=============================================================
|last K-Meleon Twin+ build with some little additions| Updated 11.11.2013!
=============================================================

All you have to know about new build was (or wasn't:droolsmiling smiley discussed earlier:
here
here
here
and there

All I want to say now is here:

1) It's double portable build (1.7 folder inside 1.6 folder) - it was conceived that 1.6 is the main browser and 1.7 is secondary one on demand (sometimes it renders sites more correctly, but 1.7 branch still has more crucial bugs)

2) It's based on 1.6beta2.5 from JamesD and db+ builds from dugbugoffice. No new binaries - we still need C++ coders and this is problem

3) But KM Twin+ has all the modern compatibility thanks to incorporated GoogleChromeFrame. This part of pack was inspired by disrupted's work.

Now, you can install ChromeFrame by pressing just one button on toolbar (with blue Chromium icon) - simply press and answer 'Yes' and 'OK' to get it installed.
Next time you'll start KM the same button will open currently opened page in new tab inside KM with Chrome engine!
No more incompatible pages!

4) Other original stuff are
  1. the Icon Selector toolbar, which lets you to select 1 of 7 icons for you KM (you can assign 2 different icons to Twins in order to distinguish them easy in simultaneous work (when you open 1.7 from 1.6 - new window is created, so you can use two different KMs in parallel);
  2. button to quickly switch opening diverted windows/tabs from fore- to background (corresponding bug is now fixed in kmprefs.jar)
  3. Privoxy webfilter is here to replace AdBlock in KM-1.7 or even add more content filtering power for KM-1.6. The only one drawback of using Privoxy is that it prevents you from using Keyword Autosearch and thereby it blocks the possibility to open pages by simply typing some peculiar keyword in URLbar and hitting Enter (my favourite trick in KM!)
  4. upgraded AppLauncher (by disrupted and Alex Tarantul) which has now button for every App (IE, Mark text editor and KM1.7). Feel free to add more other apps by changing kmm-file! But remember - you'll need bmp-icons!

More useful stuff are bookmarklets - 5 different online bookmarking services (highly recommended to add site to your cloud bookmarks by 2-3 clicks!) and about 20 different JavaScript-tools for some useful (or just funny) operations with pages and content.

Give them a try - and have fun!
Use KM Twin+! Enjoy K-meleon concept and full compatibility!

Feedback is welcome!

Edited 27 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2015 10:31AM by rodocop.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CommMeleon2??? Oh, No! K-Meleon Twin+ is here!!!
Date: October 27, 2012 07:24PM

All my credits and acknowledgements as well as some info about the build - in the readme file.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2012 07:44PM by rodocop.

Posted by: falsomail
Date: October 28, 2012 01:45AM

Rodocop Hi, I follow your project for a while, I thought that with k-meleon db already had a super browser, and I find the new twin +

Here I just want to expose some without no intention of criticizing, or at most constructive.

I really delighted the new K-Meleon Twist +
but it seems that despite other begins.
you could put an option in the browser with only the "nesesario"?
eg without the icon selector.

I work in a K-Meleon but in Spanish, and it was working in K-Meleon db, but with the twin + I put a lot more work xD
I'm doing simple, but with the characteristic of K-Meleon, all personalible grinning smiley

no longer will update more k-meleon db? now be twin +?

excuse my English, I speak Spanish tongue sticking out smiley

Date: October 28, 2012 08:06AM

¡Buenos dias, falsomail!
You can write español: yo comprendo pero no puedo hablar bien.

So I'll answer in english. First of all - K-Meleon Twin uses db+ partly as base build but isn't the same project.
dugbugoffice is constantly updating his build - and I'm working on the mine one. So there is no dependence between development of two versions.

As KM is open-source, everybody can take someones's work and try to make it even better or personal. The key point of Twin+ is to combine all the newest and interesting parts of code, created by all the community in one build and add some more functionality in order to make KM Twin+ as powerful, convenient and compatible as possible now.

So the basic config of Twin+ is 'maximized', not minimalistic. Everybody has his own conception of "nesesario" so I cannot meet everyone's needs. I've shown all the power of Twin - and you are free to minimize it!

Notabene! 4all:
After first start it's recommended to set on two points in Tools menu:
1) Twin-setup (this adds few settings for more usability - look in corresponding kmm-file under Profiles\'YourProfile'\macros)
2) Twin-tune (this fine tunes connection and some other tweaks for the best browsing performance - try and compare different states)

Date: October 28, 2012 03:11PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2012 06:21AM by falsomail.

Date: October 28, 2012 05:31PM

I understand you and agree.
One of my future intentions is to compile compact toolbar with 16x16 icons and minimum of buttons. For example, in KM Twin+ 2.0 ;-)

Date: October 28, 2012 09:24PM

Yo en lo que trabajo en si, es en un tema de iconos de 16x16 xD
pero con la locura de "opcion a boton" para que todo se haga desde un click. y procurando hacerla minima.

como envio Mensajes Privados en este foro? para mandarte lo que llevo y asi ver que puedo mejorar tongue sticking out smiley
aun me falta mucho para traducir al español del navegador, y muchas cosas que corregir tambien.
Lo que se me hace complicado es eliminar componentes que has añadido a k-m twin+ ya que muchas veses devo adivinar para saber, en fin...
como te lo puedo pasar? algun correo?

a por sierto, me queda la duda, ¿eres tu quien trabaja en K-M DugBug?

Actualizan gecko? o es nesesario programar el navegador para poder actualizarlo?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2012 09:29PM by falsomail.

Date: October 29, 2012 08:20AM

click my nickname to see my e-mail. You are welcome!

If I understand your questions right -

1) me & dugbug are different persons and we don't work together. He elaborates his build, and I'm trying to create my own.
2) KM needs programmer's work to have actualized Gecko. No one here on forum now cannot do this.
3) I have the same problem with russian locale where many of extensions are not translated, so I understand your request to minimize build. But you can simply disable unneeded toolbars, for example. If you need constantly setup toolbar config for further use and moving of KM, you can edit just 1 file (defaults\pref\skin.js).
If you need help to do this, let me know.

Posted by: Mala Okeh
Date: October 29, 2012 09:06AM

Sorry put it on the wrong item :

Dear rodocop,

thank you so much for your excellent build that I am using since its release. For the first since long we do not need any other browser to see all the pages on the internet.

So far no big problems at all, on the contrary we can view htlm5 pages without a problem now using the Google chrome frame.

Still two things tough :

* in google mail in 1.6 the messages in inbox and send show no content at all whereas in drafts they do - is there a setting (cookie or something) to be changed for that (no problems in hotmail etc.)
Up to now that never has been a problem in the 1.6 dbug-builds.
I have to admit that is working fine in the twin 1.7.

* the "send page to"-item in the menu of 1.6 works fine for Internet Explorer, Webkit and Trident but not for K-Meleon 1.7 - nothing is happening at all.

Hopefully you can give some clues to remedy the above.

Thx a lot again for this fine build.

Greetings from a very much dedicated k-meleonaire

Mala Okeh

Date: October 29, 2012 08:07PM

1) just switch off CSS Ad-blocking to get Gmail fully working.
2) I need some help from JamesD as this is his macro. Twin has wrong modification of it but the original oneisn't working too...

Posted by: adodupan
Date: October 30, 2012 12:53AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2016 07:25PM by adodupan.

Date: October 30, 2012 04:24AM

adodupan,
brilliant!!!

I think browser.kmm 0.2 and Reload all images from here to be included in the next Twin.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: October 30, 2012 04:34PM

@ rodocop

I sent you an e-mail so you would have me address. What exactly did you wish me to do?

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Posted by: soccerfan
Date: October 30, 2012 06:52PM

rodocop,

Thanks for k-meleon twin+. Much appreciated.:drool:
One question: How to get a 'toggle proxy' button
in the privacy bar or toolbar?
[I use proxomitron* and want to toggle it off and on
without having to go to the 'tools' menu every time.]

soccerfan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2012 10:47PM by soccerfan.

Date: October 30, 2012 11:13PM

soccerfan,
just copy privoxy.kmm from Twin-1.7 to 1.6 and make needed changes in macro to use Proxomitron instead Privoxy

P.S. Haven't you seen this fantastic Reading-Arsenal 5:7 tonight? Unbelievable!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2012 11:14PM by rodocop.

Date: October 30, 2012 11:19PM

JamesD,
I don't know exactly, but your macro is not working in Twin. I think it may be due to '+' sign in folder name but I'm not sure.

I need find the reason somehow.

And more, you 2.0 version of KM17n.kmm (without cmd-file) refused to work ever on my KM.

What were the system specs, where you've got it working?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2012 11:19PM by rodocop.

Date: October 31, 2012 12:06AM

@ rodocop

I quit work on the 1.7 version sometime in the middle of the year. Too many parts of that one did not work.

I was able to find, in a backup, a copy of KM17n.kmm ver. 2 dated 2012-04-06.

I created a folder for 1.7 as I had previously.
C:\Program Files\K-Meleon 17a2

I extracted the KM 1.7a2 there and put the KM17n.kmm macro into my KM 1.6.0 beta 2.4. That opened the current page and also a link in 1.7.

I am not sure that I understand your reference to "without cmd file".

And more, you 2.0 version of KM17n.kmm (without cmd-file) refused to work ever on my KM.

I guess I must have had other versions of KM17n.kmm. You will need to send them to me if you wish me to test them. I will try to search the forum to find them.

Edit:
This is the original thread. http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?4,122301,122382#msg-122382

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2012 12:16AM by JamesD.

Posted by: soccerfan
Date: October 31, 2012 03:32PM

rodocop
soccerfan,
just copy privoxy.kmm from Twin-1.7 to 1.6 and make needed changes in macro to use Proxomitron instead Privoxy

P.S. Haven't you seen this fantastic Reading-Arsenal 5:7 tonight? Unbelievable!!!

Thanks rodocop.

OT: yes from 4-0 down. strange game!!

soccerfan

Posted by: macbear34
Date: November 04, 2012 01:42AM

I hope this where to discus problem with K-Meleon Twin. If not put it where it should go. When I close KM Twin it freezes my computer. I go to task manager and it shows KM Twin is still running and using 100% of my CPU. I have to shut down and reboot my computer and all is fine again, however when I start up and close down browser it freezes again. Am using MS XP ser.pk3. Have no problem using KM 1.6.17db+v8.

Date: November 04, 2012 07:52AM

macbear34,
I don't experience such a problem on my PCs and this bug isn't known as usual. So it's just the problem of your system (may be connected with user rights, etc.)

However, sometimes my different browsers (and other software) don't want to close fully.
No problem - I'm just using some advanced task manager (for example, AnVir Task Manager) to kill them and work without any need of reboot.

But if that described is permanent behaviour of my build on your PC - try to redownload it and make the 'fresh install' - by unpacking to new folder.

If no change - you can simply take what you want from my pack and add this to the build which is working fine on your PC. Strictly speaking, Twin itself was made by this way and you can make your own 'build' according to your needs and taste.

Need help? Feel free to ask you questions.

UPD.! Try this extension to approve app termination.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2012 11:59AM by rodocop.

Posted by: duffy98
Date: November 04, 2012 09:57PM

rodocop ... just discovered K-Meleon Twin earlier today. Thanks for the time and effort to make K-Meleon better in 2012. Lots of goodies in this version, I like all the newer User Agents for one ... haven't discovered everything yet but I will over the next week or so. I still don't understand exactly what Google Chrome is ... the button on the left side wants to install Google Chrome and I have left it alone for now ... not sure if I need it or what it does. Overall, a really nice project you have here ... thanks.

Date: November 05, 2012 07:15AM

duffy98,
Chrome button installs GoogleChrome engine, that can be used INSIDE K-Meleon Twin to render modern pages (html5-rich and so on) in new tab.

First time you click it - all the needed installation procedures are performed. Next time (after KM restart) the same button sends current page into Chrome tab.

Do you need this really or not - it's for you. I've just provided the possibility.

More questions - feel free to ask.

Posted by: macbear34
Date: November 05, 2012 10:05PM

Thanks for your suggestion,however when I shut down K-Meleon using the close button it freezes my computer. It shows 100% cpu usuage and I can't do anything except to shut down it by closing my computer. I reinstalled KM-Twin with the same problem. The only thing I can think of is to close KM-Twin by using the task manager instead of the close button. Will see if this works without having to shut down and reboot my computer.

Date: November 06, 2012 01:55PM

I can only say that this isn't KMeleon's problem.

This is the problem of interaction between KM and your PC.

Perhaps, you have some misconfiguration in your system. Or just try to clear system TEMP folder. Or something else...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2012 01:55PM by rodocop.

Posted by: caktus
Date: November 06, 2012 10:04PM

rodocop,

Thank you for putting together K-Meleon Twin+.smiling smiley I just installed it and it looks like a lot of thought and work went into it. So far it appears much faster/more responsive than other browsers I've tried including the previous KM's. I'll give it a good run and let you know if I run into any problems. Incidentally, I like that the AB+ icon is in the status bar instead of stealing valuable real estate by creating it's own permanent, individual, dedicated Tool Bar as with 1.5.4. And I like that it has support for Google Chrome and HTML 5.

BTW, are there any known security problems with K-Meleon Twin+ as far as you know? It appears the Password Manager has been beefed up a bit and that it supports SSL3 and uses 256 bit encryption.

Thank you,

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Date: November 06, 2012 11:14PM

Thank you for feedback.

No changes in original KM security config are made except for adding DNT-extension and some settings collected in TwinSetup macro.
Also no changes in Password Manager.

Posted by: caktus
Date: November 07, 2012 01:52PM

robocop

Edit>Configuation>Toolbarscfg file does not open.

K-Meleon Twin+\skins\dbTango\ has two toolbars.cfg;
toolbars.cfg and toolbars.cfg.16
Which do I use to customize tool bar buttons. I am trying to remove most of the buttons to create more viewing real estate and use the features from the menus. I removed most of them using the View>Toolbars menu but for some I have to use toolbars.cfg.

Thank you.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Date: November 07, 2012 03:27PM

caktus,

toolbars.cfg, of course! toolbars.cfg.16 is inactivated copy for those who wants to try using small buttons. It is not precisely being set up.

Yes, Config files won't open for some strange reason. And I don't know what to do. I need help.

Date: November 07, 2012 08:48PM

rodocop
Yes, Config files won't open for some strange reason. And I don't know what to do. I need help.

I don't seem to have that problem. I have just downloaded your KM twin+ and extracted the files. I can get the configuration files to open just as they should. I am using Win 7 (32 bit) and the KM twin is loaded on an external drive. When I set up the shortcut to E:\K-Meleon Twin\K-Meleon Twin+\k-meleon.exe, I used the "-new" option.

I have both my Beta 2.4 and Twin running as I write this and in Twin the EDIT - CONFIGURATION - TOOLBARS is showing me the Toolbars.cfg file in Notepad.

Bye the way, the Twin is good work. I am sure everyone appreciates it.

Is this working for you? Did I not understand the problem? Is there some other test(s) that I can make?

JamesD

Date: November 08, 2012 01:09PM

Thus it seems to be the problem of general misconfiguration of file associations and defaults on particular PC.
Not the KM problem neither the Twin one.

Thank you for feedback, James!

And getting back to km17n.kmm - how do you think: is there way to use relative path (to k-meleon.exe from 1.7 folder) in sending page to 1.7 from 1.6 or this is impossible and just absolute one would work?

Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.