Other custom builds :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All the custom builds, made and/or maintained by users 
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: CommMeleon2??? Oh, No! K-Meleon Twin+ is here!!!
Posted by: rodocop
Date: November 08, 2012 01:13PM

Anyway, caktus,
check file associations for *.cfg and other plain text formats and try to set up the external source code viewer (I use Mark.exe from the Twin-build, but feel free to choose your own favourite) in Preferences->Page Display...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2012 01:13PM by rodocop.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: duffy98
Date: November 08, 2012 04:13PM

rodocop ... I want to add this to K-Meleon Twin+ but I can't get Menus to open ... this is under Edit / Configurations / Menus.

The "Copy Link URL" is only present when I right click on a name or word that is also a live link ... but at times I just want to only copy the word or name and not the URL. Someone here understood what I wanted some time back and posted this small fix or add under "Menus". It is this way under KM 1.5.4 and I wanted the newer KM 1.6.0 to also have that option.

This is what I want to add under the Menus tab:

!LinkCopy{
&Copy=ID_EDIT_COPY|ID_COPY_LINK_LOCATION
}

... just would like to know how to open Menus to add this extra option.

thanks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2012 04:15PM by duffy98.

Date: November 08, 2012 07:00PM

Why not to open menus.cfg from your profile folder by file-manager?

Posted by: caktus
Date: November 08, 2012 07:49PM

rodocop
caktus,

toolbars.cfg, of course! toolbars.cfg.16 is inactivated copy for those who wants to try using small buttons. It is not precisely being set up.

Thank you. Though I am probably getting ahead of my self trying to customize twin pluses 1.7 but I'm curious, how do all of 1.7's buttons show up, apparently with out a Toolbars.cfg file?

Yes, Config files won't open for some strange reason. And I don't know what to do. I need help.

Although the toolbars.cfg file in my installation shows a notepad icon, when I attempted to open it I had to choose which program to open it with. Among the program option I selected Notepad and selected "Always use the selected program to open this king of file". After this the toolbars.cfg file always opens from Edit>Configuration>Toolbars. I do not recall if I had to restart the browser.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Date: November 08, 2012 07:57PM

rodocop
Anyway, caktus,
check file associations for *.cfg and other plain text formats and try to set up the external source code viewer (I use Mark.exe from the Twin-build, but feel free to choose your own favourite) in Preferences->Page Display...

You beat me to posting it, darn it!tongue sticking out smiley

Charlie

Date: November 08, 2012 08:07PM

duffy98
... just would like to know how to open Menus to add this extra option.

Changing the file association to Notepad just worked for me.

Charlie

Date: November 08, 2012 11:53PM

caktus ... thanks for the help ... changing the Menus file association to Notepad worked. I would have not figured that out any time soon. Now I have both "Copy" and "Copy Link URL" to use as needed.

rodocop ... would you consider putting that small fix in a later KM Twin version. It really is handy to have both Copy functions there. If not, I can just add it to my own KM Twin.

Thanks again caktus ... glad to have that fix in this new setup. Learn something new everyday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2012 11:54PM by duffy98.

Date: November 09, 2012 07:54AM

duffy98,
I would be very grateful if you'll edit the menus.cfg from defaults\settings folder, test the result to be sure it works right and send this file to me.

Then I would include this addition in the next Twin.

Date: November 09, 2012 10:40AM

rodocop ... I don't understand exactly what you are asking ... I really have no knowledge of how to do work inside K-Meleon (any version). I usually have to ask for assistance or read a post by someone else asking what I also want to know. Like caktus earlier telling me how to work with the Menus tab.

I found the "original" solution and where I got the actual information of how to add the "Copy" tab to the right click option along with the "Copy Link URL" function.

It was posted by siria in January 2010:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: no copying/pasting text of linked url
Posted by: siria
Date: January 25, 2010 11:01PM

Hm yes, you're right! Never noticed this since I always use Ctrl+C anyway, but I agree, there sure should be a copy function in the context menu of selected text, whether it's a link or not. So personally I think too it should be there out-of-the-box, but no idea how to get a dev to consider or even read this.

But what I love about KM is that you can customize just about everything, and all sorts of configs are just plain text files.

So if you want to add that menu entry manually, you can click Edit > Configuration > menus, which opens the menus.cfg in your profile folder. Then insert there this:

!LinkCopy{
&Copy=ID_EDIT_COPY
}

If you want to insert it ABOVE Copy-URL, append that position at the end of the above command:
&Copy=ID_EDIT_COPY|ID_COPY_LINK_LOCATION

Tutorial:
http://freenet-homepage.de/CoolMcKluus/software/kmeleon/project/reference/cfgfiles/menus.html

To figure out the correct menu and command names, search in the menus.cfg in the defaults-settings-folder, and/or look here: http://two.xthost.info/kmeleon/lizard/commands.html

And for additional macro commands look into their kmm-files

There's also an optional macro somewhere that automatically copies selected text into the clipboard, as you suggest, IIRC it requires autoit-scripts, but IMHO I'd rather keep clipboard and selected text separate, in case the "old" clipboard stuff is needed for something else yet.
And speaking of macros, there are also special favorites macros out there that can automatically copy the Link-Text into the suggested name field, if you right-click a link and choose "Add" (even without selecting any text before). But of course this is only for people who use "Favorites" at all.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2010 11:16PM by siria.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps someone else here understands what you are asking and can be of assistance. It's something (the Copy tab) that comes in very handy for me to use at times on the right click.

... I will add, it's not a problem for me to just add the fix manually ... takes less than 2 minutes to do so. There might not be that many people really interested in the "Copy" option being there on the right click. Trying not to make your work complicated ... enjoy having this newer KM version in 2012.

thanks

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2012 02:32PM by duffy98.

Date: November 09, 2012 01:39PM

OK,
I understood the case. Really convenient improvement!

I thought this would be right to insert this addition into the main default menu config, but I don't know how to do this correctly.

Though there are another way: to edit the default USER menu config as this also makes it possible to add this command in context-menu for all new profiles (= by default).

So I'll do this. Thank you, duffy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2012 01:40PM by rodocop.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 10, 2012 02:41PM

@ rodocop

Time to cross one off of your wish list. I have managed to get a new version of KM17n.kmm working. This one uses relative path, closes the Command window, and passes the page or link URL to 1.7.

I did not test in twin, but I did put a 1.7 inside of a 1.6 and tested that way.

KM17n.kmm

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage2)

# ----------  KM17n.kmm ------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# Dependencies	: main.kmm (Go), sendto.kmm (menus)
# Resources 	: - K-Meleon 1.7  
# Preferences	: -
# Author and date  JamesD  2012-11-10
# Version       :  3.0
# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Note - This version assumes that your KM 1.7 exists in a folder named "K-Meleon 1.7" and
#        that folder exists as a subfolder of the root KM folder.
#        Line 25 has a relative path to 1.7 and addition of "start" in that line will close
#        will close the command window after starting 1.7 and passing the URL.
# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KM17n_OpenPage{
macroinfo=_("Open page in K-Meleon 1.7");
$_KM17n_Open=$URL;      &_KM17n_Open;
}
KM17n_OpenLink{
macroinfo=_("Open link in K-Meleon 1.7");
$_KM17n_Open=$LinkURL;  &_KM17n_Open;
}
_KM17n_Open{
exec ("CMD /c cd  .\\K-Meleon 1.7 && start k-meleon.exe -new " .$_KM17n_Open);
}
_KM17n_BuildMenu {
index($macroModules,";SendTo;")>-1?&_KM17n_BuildMenu_SendTo:&_KM17n_BuildMenu_Default;
}
_KM17n_BuildMenu_Default {
$__w="Open In K-Meleon 1.7";
setmenu(DocumentOpenExternal,macro,$__w,KM17n_OpenPage);
setmenu(LinkOpenExternal,macro,$__w,KM17n_OpenLink);
}
_KM17n_BuildMenu_SendTo {
$__w="K-Meleon 1.7";
setmenu($_SendTo_Page,macro,$__w,KM17n_OpenPage);
setmenu($_SendTo_Link,macro,$__w,KM17n_OpenLink);
}
$OnInit=$OnInit."_KM17n_BuildMenu;";
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$macroModules=$macroModules."KM17n;";

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Date: November 11, 2012 05:17PM

I have a note of change for using KM17n.kmm with Twin. I found there is a difference in the folder name for KM 1.7 in my test system and the actual name in Twin. In order to use KM17n.kmm with twin you need to change the relative path.

To: .\\K-Meleon-1.7

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Date: November 11, 2012 07:24PM

A lot of thanks, James!
I had several attempts to edit your macro but no one was successful. And this one works fine in all my Twins (sure, I've changed it like in your final post).

Great work!

Date: November 11, 2012 11:43PM

JamesD
I have a note of change for using KM17n.kmm with Twin. I found there is a difference in the folder name for KM 1.7 in my test system and the actual name in Twin. In order to use KM17n.kmm with twin you need to change the relative path.

I'm confused:s (no great discoverygrinning smiley). Exactly how do I effect this change?

Charlie

Date: November 12, 2012 12:59AM

@ caktus

In the KM17n.kmm file that I posted in this thread on 10 November, the first line in the macro _KM17n_Open has the relative path as ".\\K-Meleon 1.7" but for use in Twin the path should be ".\\K-Meleon-1.7". After you copy the file from the thread, you should edit it and make the change.

_KM17n_Open{
exec ("CMD /c cd  .\\K-Meleon 1.7 && start k-meleon.exe -new " .$_KM17n_Open);
}

JamesD

Date: November 12, 2012 01:08PM

JamesD

As usual, I am confused (no big surprise). I am confused in regard to
"relative path", exactly where/how do I make this change.

Thank you.

Charlie

Date: November 12, 2012 06:21PM

Revised version for Twin. Line 25 is changed.

Note: Like all macros which call the operating system, KM17n is locked in to a specific platform. KM17n needs a modern version of windows which has the cmd.exe program.

KM17n.kmm

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage2)

# ----------  KM17n.kmm ------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# Dependencies	: main.kmm (Go), sendto.kmm (menus)
# Resources 	: - K-Meleon 1.7  
# Author and date  JamesD  2012-11-12
# Version       :  3.1
# Note - This version assumes that your KM 1.7 exists in a folder named "K-Meleon 1.7" and
#        that folder exists as a subfolder of the root KM folder.
#        Line 25 has a relative path to 1.7 and addition of "start" in that line will close
#        will close the command window after starting 1.7 and passing the URL.
KM17n_OpenPage{
macroinfo=_("Open page in K-Meleon 1.7");
$_KM17n_Open=$URL;      &_KM17n_Open;
}
KM17n_OpenLink{
macroinfo=_("Open link in K-Meleon 1.7");
$_KM17n_Open=$LinkURL;  &_KM17n_Open;
}
_KM17n_Open{
exec ("CMD /c cd  .\\K-Meleon-1.7 && start k-meleon.exe -new " .$_KM17n_Open);
}
_KM17n_BuildMenu {
index($macroModules,";SendTo;")>-1?&_KM17n_BuildMenu_SendTo:&_KM17n_BuildMenu_Default;
}
_KM17n_BuildMenu_Default {
$__w="Open In K-Meleon 1.7";
setmenu(DocumentOpenExternal,macro,$__w,KM17n_OpenPage);
setmenu(LinkOpenExternal,macro,$__w,KM17n_OpenLink);
}
_KM17n_BuildMenu_SendTo {
$__w="K-Meleon 1.7";
setmenu($_SendTo_Page,macro,$__w,KM17n_OpenPage);
setmenu($_SendTo_Link,macro,$__w,KM17n_OpenLink);
}
$OnInit=$OnInit."_KM17n_BuildMenu;";
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$macroModules=$macroModules."KM17n;";

JamesD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2012 06:27PM by JamesD.

Posted by: Kandra
Date: November 12, 2012 11:02PM

HiRodo,Let me first thank you for your great work and making available our favourite browser K-meleon with more updates.Earlier it was my Default browser but dis continued because of incompatibility of many sites and Gmail features.But suddenly i noticed Twin+ yesterday and immediately installed and found great.But i am noticing some problems like crashing occassionally while closing a tab,iam enclosing link of epaper which is not displaying properly http://epaper.business-standard.com/bsepaper/svww_index1.php.Also,iam finding Twin+ is consuming more memory compared to earlier versions.why it is so.Download progress bar is not displayed though it is checked and after down load is complete,if you right click and select 'open folder'option,it is not taking us to file directory.Hope you will fix them and come out with advanced versions.Now again Twin+ is my default one.
Best of luck.

Date: November 12, 2012 11:42PM

JamesD
Revised version for Twin. Line 25 is changed..........

I tried this in K-Meleon Twin+'s K-Meleon-1.7\macros folder and it locked me into the 1.7 browser with no way to open the 1.6 browser except to remove this macro. I am using XP Home, could this be the problem?

Thank you.

Charlie

Date: November 13, 2012 07:24AM

caktus,
this macro is to open 1.7 from 1.6 so it must be placed in 1.6 macros folder. There are no macro to send from 1.7 to 1.6 but it can be easily made from existing macro from James by simple editing. Let us know if this would be needed.

Date: November 13, 2012 07:52AM

Hi, Kandra!

Thank you for you trustiness to KM!
There are some issues here.

1) I'm not the 'real' developer - just 'buildmaker' who combines together all the best KM-features, created by community.

So I haven't enough skill to repair ANY problem with KM. But all together we generally could find the solution (or some trick).

2) About your link. I've registered there and compare page rendering with KM and Chrome engine - but found no difference. What is your problem there?

Anyway, try 2 solutions:
- switch off CSS-adblocking (Tools->Privacy->Block Advertisement - uncheck this)
- the second option uses the most powerful addition of Twin+ - you can open any incompatible page by Chrome engine in new KM-tab.
Look at left of the tab-bar - see the button with Chromium icon

First click on this button performs all needed procedures to install GoogleChromeFrame(e.g. Chrome browserengine) and use it inside KM.

After restart you can send opened page to Chrome-tab by clicking the same button. This creates new tab in KM where page is rendered by Chrome engine which is the most compatible one nowadays.

3) About downloads. I have the download window shown and folder opens when I click the corresponding button. Something goes wrong with your system, I think...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2012 07:53AM by rodocop.

Posted by: Kandra
Date: November 13, 2012 05:02PM

Thank you Rodo.As you said i can switch to Chrome mode but i donot like it as it consumes more memory and browser will be bloated.I have unchecked the css and advertisements.May be ,as you suggested with chrome button it may solve my problem.But as i said i donot want to use Chrome for the above reasons.I am not seeing the download progress on the screen, at the background i am able to see it. definitely it is not taking me to the location of the folder on selection after down load.One more problem is , some times when i move the cursor suddenly when i am viewing pdf files in a epaper ,the browser hangs on and become unresponsive with a dull back ground and a windows notification flashes 'saying browser is not responding'.Then i am forced to close and reopen.You can help me in this aspect.

Date: November 13, 2012 05:35PM

@ caktus and rodocop

caktus
I tried this in K-Meleon Twin+'s K-Meleon-1.7\macros folder and it locked me into the 1.7 browser with no way to open the 1.6 browser except to remove this macro. I am using XP Home, could this be the problem?

I have a method to return a page from 1.7 to 1.6 when closing 1.7 window. It is not the most elegant code and someone may be able to come up with another method. I don't think you wish to reverse my KM17n code because that would start another copy of 1.6 and pretty soon you would have too many KM versions running.

My method uses a macro and a script file in the USERMACRO folder in version 1.7 and a macro in the USERMACRO folder in version 1.6.

For KM 1.7 the menu item is in the FILE EXIT area.

Rodocop, please feel free to build on or change as you wish.

These files for KM 1.7 usermacro folder:

ReturnPage16.kmm

# ----------  ReturnPage16.kmm -----------------------------------------------------------
#
# Dependencies	: main.kmm, Restart.kmm (for menu location)
# Resources 	: - K-Meleon Twin  
# Author and date  JamesD  2012-11-13
# Version       :  0.3
# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_ReturnPage16_Action{
macroinfo=_("Exit K-Meleon 1.7 and show current page in K-Meleon 1.6");
exec("wscript.exe \"".$_ReturnPage16_Path."\" \"".$URL."\"") ;
$_ReturnPage16_txt1 = "When the K-Meleon version 1.6 shows after \n " ;
$_ReturnPage16_txt2 = "1.7 has closed, right-click the Reload \n" ;
$_ReturnPage16_txt3 = "button and choose \"Reload from 1.7\" " ;
alert($_ReturnPage16_txt1.$_ReturnPage16_txt2.$_ReturnPage16_txt3, "Important", INF
# close 1.7
id(ID_APP_EXIT);
}

_ReturnPage16_GetPath{
$_ReturnPage16_Path=getfolder(UserMacroFolder)."\\ReturnPage16.js";
}

_ReturnPage16_BuildMenu{
# file menu
setmenu("CloseWindow",macro,"Exit page to KM 1.6",_ReturnPage16_Action,2);
}
# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$OnStartup=$OnStartup."_ReturnPage16_GetPath;";
$OnInit=$OnInit."_ReturnPage16_BuildMenu;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."ReturnPage16;";

ReturnPage16.js

/* ReturnPage16.js by JamesD, version  .03  2012-11-13

This script is a helper application for the K-Meleon Macro Module ReturnPage16.kmm that
   enables you to reload a page from 1.7 into 1.6 when exiting from 1.7 in K-Meleon Twin.

Windows Script Host 1.0 (or better) required!
*/

if(WScript.Arguments.count()==1)
{
    var WshShell = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell")
    WshShell.RegWrite ("HKCU\\Software\\KMELEON\\Twin\\ReturnPage16", WScript.Arguments(0), "REG_SZ");
}
else
{
objArgs = WScript.Arguments ;
WScript.Echo(WScript.Arguments.Count());
for (i=0; i<objArgs.length; i++)
{
    WScript.Echo(objArgs(i))
}
}

This file for KM 1.6 usermacro folder:

CatchPage17.kmm

# ----------  CatchPage17.kmm -----------------------------------------------------------
#
# Dependencies	: main.kmm, 
# Resources 	: - K-Meleon Twin  
# Author and date  JamesD  2012-11-13
# Version       :  0.3
# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_CatchPage17_Open {
$_CatchPage17_url = readreg("HKCU","Software\\KMELEON\\Twin\\ReturnPage16");
open($_CatchPage17_url);
}

_CatchPage17_BuildMenu {
setmenu("Reloa&ding", macro,"Reload from 1.7",_CatchPage17_Open);
}

# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
$OnInit=$OnInit."_CatchPage17_BuildMenu;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."CatchPage17;";

JamesD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2012 07:12PM by JamesD.

Date: November 14, 2012 06:45PM

Kandra,
I'm sure the problem with hang-ups is the problem of your particular PC as it wasn't reported earlier.
What is your system specification?

The truth is that KM's engine handles javascript-rich pages relatively slow.
And this process (processing JS) is real memory and CPU-hog.

All what we can do - try to make some deep tuning. Or use Chrome tab.

P.S. I have one tip for you though: check whether Tools->Twin-Tune is turned on like this:
✔ Twin-Tune
If not (no '✔' sign) - turn it on by clicking corresponding line.

Switching this on is my strong recommendation for ALL Twin+ users as it adds some selected fine tunings for making the browsing smoother and responsive.

And finally I can't say more about download window. This also is your particular system's bug as I can conclude.

Date: November 14, 2012 06:50PM

James,
fantastic work!

All I can do except of standing in awe is to try it urgently in work!

Well, and correct a typo: 'button and choose' in line 17(?) of the ReturnPage16.kmm tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2012 06:51PM by rodocop.

Date: November 14, 2012 07:14PM

@ rodocop

It is edited in thread now. Heck, nobody said I had to learn to spell just to program.

I hope that is what caktus needed.

JamesD

Date: November 14, 2012 07:26PM

James,
'they' fooled us all! grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

Beautiful work. It was just my perfectionism :drool:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2012 07:27PM by rodocop.

Posted by: kandra
Date: November 14, 2012 09:56PM

Hi,Rodo,Now i checked Twin Tune and i will try whether it works fine or not.Now down load progress Bar ,is visible as i made some adjustment in settings.My system is Windows 7.By the by ,if i use the 'User Agent'Firefox15,then All google mail latest features are working normally,suppose i use Opera12,Chrome17 or IE8 gmail features are not working.Why it is so.

Posted by: kandra
Date: November 14, 2012 10:23PM

kandra
Hi,Rodo,Now i checked Twin Tune and i will try whether it works fine or not.Now down load progress Bar ,is visible as i made some adjustment in settings.My system is Windows 7.By the by ,if i use the 'User Agent'Firefox15,then All google mail latest features are working normally,suppose i use Opera12,Chrome17 or IE8 gmail features are not working.Why it is so.
"
Hi Rodo,Even after turning on Twin Tune ,the browser is freezing,when i see pdf files through Foxitreader and close the tab or window.Iam enclosing the from www.bseindia.com http://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/Wockhardt_Ltd_141112_Rst.pdf

Date: November 14, 2012 11:26PM

rodocop ... read your post to kandra about turning on Twin-Tune under Tools. I have now done that. My question to you ... do you have any other items checked in that list under Tools starting with "Cache-Disk-Off" and ending with "Twin-Tune"? I have only two items now checked ... Secure-High and Twin-Tune. Just curious what other items you might recommend checking, turning on or turning off for a faster KM Twin. It seems to be a fast browser at this point.
thanks ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2012 09:32AM by duffy98.

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.