Other custom builds :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All the custom builds, made and/or maintained by users 
Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
KM Twin 2.0 wishlist
Posted by: rodocop
Date: November 09, 2012 01:47PM

Let's fill it, folks!

1) Working sending pages to KM 1.7 (DONE!) -> JamesD!
2) 'Copy as text' command for selected links (DONE!) ->duffy98
3) compact toolbar config (in work...)
4) CSS-adblocking off by default (DONE!)
5) browser.kmm v0.2 included (DONE!) ->adodupan

6) ... what else?...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2012 08:00PM by rodocop.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: KM Twin 2.0 wishlist
Posted by: Kandra
Date: November 12, 2012 10:27PM

GUI improvement to look more attractive and provision to synchronise Bookmarks and simplifying options and settings.

Date: November 13, 2012 10:11AM

1) GUI.
K-Meleon hardly can be made more attractive as it main point is using Windows
native UI libraries.
But there are many ways to customize look and feel already.

2) Syncronizing Bookmarks.
What exact syncro options do you mean?

You already can import bookmarks from different browsers, use IE Favorites and Opera adr-files.

KM own Bookmarks are saved as html-file.
You can use it anywhere they are supported to move and store them. For example, online-services.
5 online bookmarking services are integrated in Twin - you can add viewed page to your online collection in a few clicks and get back to page (Personal Toolbar->LiveMarks)
I recommend to import your bookmarks.html into your favourite service (LinkaGoGo supports this as well as Diigo) and later add new bookmarks online instantly - using Twin's bookmarklets.

Finally, you can backup your Bookmarks (Bookmarks->Bookmarks Backup->Create Backup) as well as import FireFox Bookmarks or any collection stored in html-files by using Bookmarks->Bookmarks Importer.

Both Backup and Importer are KM extensions, included in Twin+ build by default.

What more options do you need?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2012 10:33AM by rodocop.

Date: November 13, 2012 05:25PM

HiRodo,Thank you very much.Can you make a provision to disable/enable individual plugins as in Firefox ,Chrome and Opera.So that we can reduce the bloat of the browser.can you kindly clarify me if i use Chrome option ,is there any chance to make the browser use more memory.Is there any trick to reduce the memory while using Chrome mode.

Date: November 14, 2012 06:24PM

Hi, Kandra!

Easy switching extensions (that are usually macros) is possible at Preferences->K-Meleon plugins->Macro Extension.

While in Chrome tab KM uses slightly less memory than Chrome itself when opening the same page (but the difference is hardly greater than 5-10% or may be completely absent).
So I recommend use Chrome tab only for incompatible pages, not as a general rule)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2012 06:24PM by rodocop.

Date: November 16, 2012 04:50PM

I did not mean that,I want to disable plugins like Google update,picasa,google talk etc.

Date: November 16, 2012 05:27PM

The only one I've met is Google Update.
Read first post here (p. 5-6) - this is about removing such a junk after installing GoogleChromeFrame.

Also you are free to open Services (Start -> Run -> services.msc), find Google Update, right-click it, go to 'Log On' tab and 'Disable' the service.

Posted by: falsomail
Date: November 27, 2012 02:33AM

Delete this message.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2012 11:45PM by falsomail.

Date: November 27, 2012 04:28PM

falsomail,
when together with Google translate, yo comprendo español suficiente bien tongue sticking out smiley

1) speaking about UAs: they are stored in KM prefs and to set they by default you must define strings in ROOTFOLDER\defaults\pref\I10n.js

in the case of KM Twin user-agent strings are inherited from db-builds and the corresponding part of I10n.js looks like this:

// Privacy

pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent1.name", "Firefox 3.6.28");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent1.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.28) Gecko/20120306 Firefox/3.6.28");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent2.name", "Firefox 15");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent2.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent3.name", "Opera 12");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent3.string", "Opera/9.80 (Windows ME; U; Edition Next; en) Presto/2.10.269 Version/12.00");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent4.name", "Chrome 17");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent4.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.66 Safari/535.11");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent5.name", "IE 8");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent5.string", "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent6.name", "Netscape 4.8");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent6.string", "Mozilla/4.8 [en] (Win98; U)");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent7.name", "Firefox 6-Linux");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent7.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:6.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.2");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent8.name", "Safari 5.1-OSX");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent8.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5) AppleWebKit/534.50 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Safari/534.50");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent9.name", "iPhone 3.0");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent9.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16");

To make build with other strings you have to make changes in these lines changing some of strings to yours preferred ones.

To make permanent change in working profile open about:config (Edit->Configuration->Browser Configuration), filter lines by 'useragent' keyword and edit some of settings by doubleclicking corresponding preference and editing the string.

2) This time I just use Ctrl+D (Add) & Ctrl+B (Edit) hotkeys respectively.
The default button in Twin works now as Edit/Submenu (that is bigger than one that you need but first 2 lines are exactly what you want)
So you can edit button code simply like this:
%ifplugin bookmarks
	Bookmarks{
	bookmarks(Add)|&Bookmarks
	Add to Bookmarks. Right-click for more options.
	toolhot.bmp[6]
	toolcold.bmp[6]
	tooldead.bmp[6]
	}
	%endif

If you want only 2 items in sub-menu, you must create it but I cannot say how to do it right now sad smiley I haven't enough skills to create new menus.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2012 05:06PM by rodocop.

Date: November 28, 2012 09:36PM

DELETE THIS MESSAGE.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2012 11:44PM by falsomail.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 28, 2012 11:30PM

Falsomail
1) edit the file "defaults \ pref I10n.js [/ u]" but to save the changes, there is no change in the browser.
solo puedo hacer los cambios desde "about:config" I can only make changes from "about: config"

I10n.js es el unico archivo que guarda los agentes de usuario? I10n.js is the only file that stores user agents?

2) Es posible pasar cualquier extnsion de firefox a k-meleon? 2) You can pass any extnsion Firefox K-Meleon?

1. I10n.js is the file which has the user agents. It is read only at KM startup so you have to restart KM after saving your changes.

3. Firefox extensions will not run in K-Meleon. Some can be adapted to work in KM, but it takes an expert to make the conversion.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Posted by: Merlin
Date: November 29, 2012 02:16PM

Yesterday I've writed macro file to make userAgent Input easy.

It use user pref (like custom UserAgent) instead of 110n.js , and have the same result.

The extension do:

1-Accept any numbers of UserAgents ( copy the UserAgent string >>click "free UserAgent">>Enter it's name.

2-Display cuurent UserAgent in external site (To be sure).

3-Add link to get New UserAgent string from http://www.useragentstring.com under "Search for UserAgent " .

4-Selection >> Right click "Set as UserAgent" is add.

5-Delete any UserAgent string by it's number .

The UserAgent menu auto updat , but maybe become not organize well , but it repaired after restart k-meleon , I didn't have much time to find more bugs . But i think it work fine.

Download FreeUserAgent.kmm

Date: November 29, 2012 03:16PM

JamesD
1. I10n.js is the file which has the user agents. It is read only at KM startup so you have to restart KM after saving your changes.

One amendment: I10n.js is the defaults file, so it is read only once when creating new profile - and then prefs from all defaults files are loaded into profile's prefs.js.

That's why you cannot change something in existing profile through editing this file and you need do it through about:config (or edit prefs.js in profile folder manually)...

Date: November 29, 2012 05:24PM

DELETE THIS MESSAGE.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2012 11:45PM by falsomail.

Posted by: adXok
Date: November 29, 2012 07:52PM

Hi, rodocop!

I wish:

· the Search Button that I am so used to in official alfa 1.7a2

it is a simple search button that opens a some kind of searchbar window where the user can type a keyword and it opens in Google (or other Search Engine set by the user perhaps) in a new tab.

Date: November 30, 2012 07:25AM

falsomail
Merlin mil gracias!
Muchas gracias por crear tal extension, nose como a nadie se le ocurrio antes xD
aunque no vendria mal que la actualizaras un poquito. pues si tiene siertos bugs tongue sticking out smiley

Merlin podrias hacerme el favor de crear una extension para url-to-mp3.com?

Aqui dejo la macro traducida al español smiling smiley

Saludos al foro por ser tan bueno! grinning smiley

I am happy that the macro has been helpful for you.
And about the site " url-to-mp3.com " . If you want direct calling for it , i didn't find any browse extensions for it , the only way to send youtube link is the manual way or using (ajax+json+jQuery).

But i have some other ideas to embedded the site in youtube pages.
I will write macro for it & some others mp3 extract sites, and will post it in extension forum very soon .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2012 07:26AM by Merlin.

Date: November 30, 2012 07:38AM

Merlin,
good work!

May I ask you sometimes to convert some ideas in new extensions when it's rather difficult for me (my programming & scripting skills are very basic)?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2012 07:38AM by rodocop.

Date: November 30, 2012 08:49AM

rodocop
Merlin,
good work!

May I ask you sometimes to convert some ideas in new extensions when it's rather difficult for me (my programming & scripting skills are very basic)?

I will help as much as i can .

Date: November 30, 2012 02:32PM

Thank you, Merlin!

falsomail
a olvida algo, como puedo integrar esa opcion que añadiste en twin+?
que al pulsar F12 se bloquea/desbloquea la barra de herramientas.

Simply open accel.cfg from profile folder (Edit->Configuration->Accelerators) and add there:
VK_F12 = ID_TOOLBARS_LOCK

Date: November 30, 2012 04:10PM

falsomail

I've written a simple & effective macro to download youtube\mp3.

It do:

1-Get mp3 for any youtube Page -Document right click >>"Download Mp3".
2-Get mp3 for any youtube Link (work only in youtube site) -Link right click >>"Download Mp3".

Important Note:

Don't change the tab on url-to-mp3.com until you see the video image.
The site url-to-mp3.com Requires enable (javascript+Flash+cookies) or it display error massage .

Downlaod Mp3downloader.kmm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2012 04:16PM by Merlin.

Posted by: johnllew
Date: December 04, 2012 09:55PM

I am really enjoying this edition of KM.

I have started using the Groups and find it really great. Very fast and efficient tongue sticking out smiley. 1 small suggestion I would like to make is when you save the group that a drop down of the existing groups would show so that I could pick the group I want to save. This is mainly because I am using binserach and am changing the criteria every day.

Means no typo's then.

Come to think of it that would be nice to do the same for saving sessions. Although I am fast beginning to really appreciate the groups more so.smiling smiley

Date: December 05, 2012 12:09AM

Session Packager by JamesD (already in Twin) exports and imports sessions for remote use.

Date: December 05, 2012 02:47AM

johnllew
I have started using the Groups and find it really great. Very fast and efficient tongue sticking out smiley. 1 small suggestion I would like to make is when you save the group that a drop down of the existing groups would show so that I could pick the group I want to save. This is mainly because I am using binserach and am changing the criteria every day.

The prompt statement in the MacroLanguage does not permit multiple lines in the either of the message or title areas. Since it is possible to have many groups the statusbar might not hold all the names either. I have a listbox using Autoit, but it is also constrained by the length of the string of values sent to it.

I assume from your request that you wish to add one or more tabs to an existing group?

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Date: December 05, 2012 01:58PM

@ johnllew

Here is a fix for your group name selections. It allows the selected group name to be copied to the clipboard. The name can then be entered into any prompt with just CTRL + V keystroke.

Grp_Select.kmm

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage2)

# 	     Grp_Select.kmm
# ---------- Allow a user to select an existing group name for copy to clipboard
# ---------- Intergraded into Groups2 menu
#
# Dependencies	: main.kmm KM version 1.5 or later and tabs, Groups2.kmm
# Resources	: -
# Preferences	: k-meleon_Groups2.<#> = Group name
#		: k-meleon_Groups2.count = Total of groups count
# Version	: 0.3   2012_12_05
# Author	: JamesD 
# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_Grp_Select_RunCode {
macroinfo = _("Select a group name for the clipboard.");
macros("_Grp_Select_Action") ;
}

_Grp_Select_Action {
$_Grp_Select_CurrCount = getpref(INT,"k-meleon_Groups2.count") -1;
$_Grp_Select_Description = "=====  Numbered group names  ===== \n\n";
$_Grp_Select_Count = 1 ;
while($_Grp_Select_Count <= $_Grp_Select_CurrCount) {
	$_Grp_Select_Desc = getpref(STRING,"k-meleon_Groups2.".$_Grp_Select_Count) ;
	$_Grp_Select_Description = $_Grp_Select_Description.$_Grp_Select_Count." -- ".$_Grp_Select_Desc."\n" ;
	$_Grp_Select_Count = $_Grp_Select_Count +1;
}
alert($_Grp_Select_Description, _("Note the number next to your choice"), );
$_Grp_Select_Unit = prompt( _("Enter a number 1 to "). $_Grp_Select_Count-1, _("Select this group"));
$_Grp_Select_Unit=="" ? &_Grp_Select_Action1 : &_Grp_Select_Action2 ;
}

_Grp_Select_Action1 { alert(_("No value or cancel was pressed."), _("No action to be taken."), INFO); }
## Must be an integer comparison.  Therefore CurrCount must be on the left as it came from an INT pref
# $_Grp_Select_Unit > $_Grp_Select_CurrCount  won't work above count of 9
_Grp_Select_Action2 {  $_Grp_Select_CurrCount < $_Grp_Select_Unit ? &_Grp_Select_Action3 : &_Grp_Select_Action4 ; }

_Grp_Select_Action3 { alert( _("Number entered is out of range."), _("No action to be taken."), INFO); }

_Grp_Select_Action4 { $_Grp_Select_Unit < 1 ? &_Grp_Select_Action3 : &_Grp_Select_Action5 ; }

_Grp_Select_Action5 {

$_Grp_Select_Name = getpref(STRING,"k-meleon_Groups2.".$_Grp_Select_Unit);
setclipboard( $_Grp_Select_Name );   
statusbar( $_Grp_Select_Name . "  ". _("group name is on the clipboard") ); 
}

_Grp_Select_BuildMenu {
setmenu("_Groups", macro, _("Select a group name"), _Grp_Select_RunCode);
}

# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$OnInit = $OnInit . "_Grp_Select_BuildMenu;";
$macroModules = $macroModules . "Grp_Select;";

JamesD

Date: December 06, 2012 08:01AM

I assume from your request that you wish to add one or more tabs to an existing group?[/quote]

It is not so much adding another tab (although that would be nice) as in I want to change the criteria from

Revolutions S01E01 to S01E02
The voice S03E27 to S03E28
Sons of Anarchy S05E13 to S05E14
Person of Interest S02E07 to S02E08

Hence I may have 4 tabs with 4 different tv programs and want to change the episodes each time - after I download the current - to the next episode. Not sure whether I am making sense here.

2nd thoughts I could have the group names in a notepad and just copy and paste every time I save...Daaaa!@!!!... wish I had thought of that in the 1st place.

The groups section is so superior to the sesions section..ie you can add a group at any time without changing your window - just adding a few more tabs smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Johnllew
Kmmmmmmmm TTwwiinn - rules .. even if it is out of date ....I shuddaaaa every time I try (forced) to use something else.

Date: December 06, 2012 08:12AM

Grp_Select.kmm

JamesD
Is this a macro??? ie how do I add it to my browser...sorry for being a simpleton...but it takes all kinds smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

johnllew
PS do enjoy trying to read the script you have written...now how the hell do I put into practice... smiling smiley maybe 2 or 3 times your age... please be patient smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2012 08:17AM by johnllew.

Date: December 06, 2012 01:03PM

@ johnllew

Yes, Grp_Select.kmm is a macro. You add it to your KM by copying the code from the forum to Notepad and saving the file as Grp_Select.kmm. The code begins with:

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage2)
and ends with:
$macroModules = $macroModules . "Grp_Select;";

Save as Grp_Select.kmm with the all files option so Notepad will not add txt to the filename. Save the file to your macro folder. The macro folder is in the same folder as your k-meleon.exe file. Mine looks like C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\macros. Restart KM and you should have a new menu item in the Groups menu.

JamesD

Date: December 07, 2012 04:43PM

@ johnllew

Did you get a Grp_Select.kmm file created and installed in your KM? Did it provide the functionality you requested?

JamesD

Date: December 07, 2012 07:57PM

In groups I get a new entry under options showing "Retain Paths" which has a tick when I click on it. But not sure what it does or if it does anything?

This is what I would really like.

In sessions/options there is a section "delete Session" which gives you a drop down box to select which session you want to delete.

I would like the same thing in Groups but an added option to "Save As" with a drop down box so you can overwrite the name.

I can see groups being the no 1 function in the future for me. This feature is so powerful that I will be working towards not using Bookmarks or Sessions.

It really is an awesome feature and so simple to use. Yes and you can use 1, 2 or 3 groups at the same time and just delete the tabs you don't want. But the groups are still in tact if you don't overwrite the namegrinning smileygrinning smiley

johnllew
Grouping - to suit your day/week/month smiling smiley Newspapers, Shopping/specials, Finance, Weather, TV Programs, Holidays - all in separate groups and so easy to update.

Students could use this for their studies or searches etc as well.....just an after thought.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2012 08:24PM by johnllew.

Date: December 07, 2012 09:11PM

If you got the macro working correctly, there will be a new entry just below 'Options'. It will be 'Select a group name'.

JamesD

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.