Other custom builds :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All the custom builds, made and/or maintained by users 
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: KM Twin 2.0 wishlist¬_¬¬_¬
Posted by: johnllew
Date: December 07, 2012 09:33PM

many thanks...Sorry for missing that :9 sad smiley...Really, Really appreciate your help smiling smiley smiling smiley awesome.

""" spoke too soon...Yes it is there but it does not copy the group I select...Hence I am unable to save the group. sad smiley but5 good try though smiling smiley """

johnllew
smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley I guess this is what KM is all about... KM-twin+ rules smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley roll on KM Twin 2

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2012 10:37PM by johnllew.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JamesD
Date: December 08, 2012 01:11AM

JamesD
Here is a fix for your group name selections. It allows the selected group name to be copied to the clipboard. The name can then be entered into any prompt with just CTRL + V keystroke.

Once you have used the groups number to select the group, the group name is copied to the clipboard. It should also show in the statusbar. You can then use CTRL + V to copy the name at any prompt.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Date: December 08, 2012 07:31PM

Once you have used the groups number to select the group, the group name is copied to the clipboard. It should also show in the statusbar. You can then use CTRL + V to copy the name at any prompt.

Many Thanks for your patience JamesD. Yes it works perfectly.

Date: December 09, 2012 01:42AM

Good to know that you have it working. I find it more easy to write macros than to explain them.

Just one question please. How many groups do you usually have?

I think there is a limit on how many lines the alert function can display. I may need to update the code sometime if people have large numbers of groups.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Date: December 09, 2012 04:27AM

JamesD
Just one question please. How many groups do you usually have?

I think there is a limit on how many lines the alert function can display. I may need to update the code sometime if people have large numbers of groups.

Just have 6 at the moment..Cannot see me using more than 12... Students etc may have a lot more though according to how many subjects they are curerntly studying. But this is a mind boggling subject as in this feature could be limitless.. Because it is so versatile ie you can run 2 or 3 groups within the session with no problems. No cpu problems at all. Sorry but smiles are abundant.

Really wish I could help more. Definitely groups is a fantastic opportunity for growth smiling smiley

Again thanks for your patience.. Really appreciate it smiling smiley smiling smiley

Johnllew
KM twin rocks like a major earthquake smiling smiley smiling smiley
Win 7 (32 bit)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2012 04:33AM by johnllew.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: December 09, 2012 07:40AM

johnllew,
you made me remember one of my amateur R-n-R's from the times of my studentship

Hello, my dear friend, I'll sing you this great song
This song is so strong like Mediterran storm...

grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

P.S. I don't know how german name Mediterran appeared among english words :-) Bad students...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2012 07:47AM by rodocop.

Date: December 10, 2012 01:48AM

Little roadmap for 2.0:

I'm planning to create 2 different assemblies:
- Twin 2 light with minimalistic skin and almost no integrated tools
- Twin 2 Max - power internet bundle, including not only browser, but all the web-related stuff: e-mail client, icq-client, twitter one (Azurea), FTP-FXP client (FTPRush), may be even HTML-editor (Kompozer?).

Twin Max is planned as fully portable replacement for Seamonkey and likes (if they do exist) - just put this bundle on USB stick and take it with you all around the world.

What do you think about this idea?
What kind of stuff do you want to see inside?

Date: December 10, 2012 03:34AM

rodocop
Little roadmap for 2.0:

I'm planning to create 2 different assemblies:
- Twin 2 light with minimalistic skin and almost no integrated tools
What do you think about this idea?
What kind of stuff do you want to see inside?

Personally I just want the light... Quick easy to use and no resources...Just want to use the groups function..... and forget about all the rest - book marks, sessions etc. You can run the group and delete the unwanted tabs so easily. hmmm!

Password manager has to be there though. sad smiley - don't think I have missed anything else???? I really am a basic user. smiling smiley

But would dearly love to run twin2+ light and max side by side so if I miss something I can add it to the light.

ummm!!! the icon is ultra important to me - don't want no other - sorry smiling smiley hope you understand.. please include... took me a while how to include it in the current setup.

Johnllew
KM twin rocks like a major earthquake smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Date: December 10, 2012 04:46AM

johnllew
Personally I just want the light... Quick easy to use and no resources...Just want to use the groups function..... and forget about all the rest - book marks, sessions etc. You can run the group and delete the unwanted tabs so easily. hmmm!

OK! But don't underestimate other stuff!

johnllew
Password manager has to be there though. sad smiley - don't think I have missed anything else???? I really am a basic user. smiling smiley

It's there in 1.6. And moreover - LastPassLite is integrated to handle and keep all your passwords secure.

johnllew
But would dearly love to run twin2+ light and max side by side so if I miss something I can add it to the light.

You would feel free to have them both and even open them simultaneously!
Moreover - all the additional stuff will be available as Extension Pack(s). I plan this at least...tongue sticking out smiley

johnllew
ummm!!! the icon is ultra important to me - don't want no other - sorry smiling smiley hope you understand.. please include... took me a while how to include it in the current setup.

Are you speakink about default icon?

Just delete main.ico in skin folder - and you'll get this back!

Posted by: K.Ramanaiah
Date: December 11, 2012 01:48AM

Hi Rodo,That is a good idea to have KM Twin Max.But try to upgrade to a latest Gecko Engine and also see that it use less resources as earlier.Kindly see that browser is not crashed ,now it is crashing often when you view epapers in pdf formats.i am using windows 7 32 bit.

Date: December 11, 2012 12:17PM

To use new Gecko is the main dream of all K-meleonaires.

But it's impossible till some skilled coder would get to work on the new KM version.

Re: KM Twin 2.0 wishlist
Posted by: outdated
Date: December 11, 2012 05:57PM

Date: December 19, 2012 04:06AM

Are you speakink about default icon?

Just delete main.ico in skin folder - and you'll get this back![/quote]

smiling smiley not sure what I did but have it the way I want it at the moment.. Reckon this should be standard.

Date: December 19, 2012 04:22AM

rodocop
johnllew

OK! But don't underestimate other stuff!

I won't but have limited understanding of what they do. A small help message would help.

johnllew

It's there in 1.6. And moreover - LastPassLite is integrated to handle and keep all your passwords secure.

At present password manager works perfectly for me smiling smiley Don't always use it but it sure is great.

johnllew

You would feel free to have them both and even open them simultaneously!
Moreover - all the additional stuff will be available as Extension Pack(s). I plan this at least...tongue sticking out smiley

I would love to run 2 sessions side by side, but each session keeps its history separately. How do you do it? I may have to start again and delete everything. Not sure. BTW Groups does this for me smiling smiley open new window hit the group I want ands hey presto have what I want smiling smiley Change whatever and save as and it is there for me the next time.

IE I use copy and paste a lot from Pastelink. So if I can use 1 to do just that would be great without adding it to url history of the other.

Johnllew
Sorry been a bit late in answering.

Date: December 19, 2012 09:23AM

johnllew
I won't but have limited understanding of what they do. A small help message would help.

open new tab and type
resource:///readme.html
Read this page and collect all questions if any would appear.

johnllew

Once again: password manager is present in Twin (1.6-instance) and works fine. In 1.7-instance it doesn't work but replaced with LastPassLite extension. It stores you passwords into encrypted online vault and automatically logs you in when visiting sites with login-password.

johnllew
I would love to run 2 sessions side by side, but each session keeps its history separately. How do you do it? I may have to start again and delete everything. Not sure. BTW Groups does this for me smiling smiley open new window hit the group I want ands hey presto have what I want smiling smiley Change whatever and save as and it is there for me the next time.

Any portable KM build could be stored on your PC alongside with other instances as every one stores Profile into working folder.
And this is a Profile folder where session info is stored (in file prefs.js)
You can have as many KM portable installation as you want (on my work PC I have about 20 different assemblies of KM, including 1.5.3, 1.5.4, 1.6beta official, db-builds, Fred-assemblies, unofficial betas from JamesD, 1.7 alphas and finally, several instances of KM Twin (this is needed for my work on new builds and testing).

Each KM-build stores its own session. To start new KM along with previously loaded use command k-meleon.exe -new.
To open KM with its own saved session, go to View->Home->Start with session... check box 'Open the following session at startup' and select 'Previous session' from the dropdown list.
That's it!

johnllew
IE I use copy and paste a lot from Pastelink. So if I can use 1 to do just that would be great without adding it to url history of the other.
I'm not sure I've comprehended your wish properly...

Date: December 19, 2012 02:41PM

#roadmap tag. current state19/12/2012#

***this is just info about current works on the next Twin. No download available. Sorry.***

1. K-Meleon Twin 2.0 active tasks
+ 2 new skins (compact) added
+ FlashBlock button added
+ Scribefire Next integration performed
+ Bookmarklets sorting for more convenient use of JS-tools
+ 2 new Bookmarking online services posting added (bookmarklets)
+ Chromium Embed extension updated (new chromium engine) and added
-> skins integrity being tested
-> more KM skin adaptations in work

2. K-Meleon Twin 2.0 planned tasks
=> add extensions by JamesD for sending page between 1.6 & 1.7
=> develop 2 different packages: Twin Slim - minimal and compact-skinned and Twin Bold - full mobile internet USB-package with extra tools
=> adapt more skins
=> create SkinChanger extension (help needed!!!)

3. K-Meleon Twin further tasks (browser development, promotion, community tasks)
=> finalize russian locale
=> create 'tips' html-page (to be the start page) with some extra knowledge about KM and extensions
=> finalize KMext mirror at The K-Meleon Place
=> create toggle-ready sets of prefs for KM use in different conditions (Ex.: 'oldtimers', 'mobile web-access', 'no traces', etc.)
=> create new macros to implement some usability features
=> bundle all Extra Tools as one pack which can be downloaded separately from bare KM Twin if needed

4. KM Twin Bold pack planned kit:
• Mail - Sylpheed or Toolilla (mobile swiss-knife with load of tools including mail)
• FTP - FTPRush portable
• WebFilter - Privoxy
• Torrent - µTorrent
• Twitter - Azurea (??? - maybe replaced by online multimessenger Plus.im)
• Websniffer - Nirsoft WebSite Sniffer
• Uncensored Surfing - Ultrasurf
• LAN setup - NetSetMan (invaluable for mobility users)
• Browse - ChromiumEmbedded (through extension) instead of GoogleChromeFrame for more portability and privacy

Something else???

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2012 03:28PM by rodocop.

Date: December 19, 2012 11:56PM

rodocoop
=> create SkinChanger extension (help needed!!!)
=> create new macros to implement some usability features

I will be glad to try to help.

JamesD

Date: December 20, 2012 04:29AM

Well, James!

The main need here is to create some macro procedures like in CarrySession.kmm:
parse prefs.js for all lines about toolband
user_pref("kmeleon.toolband.xxx.break", 0);
user_pref("kmeleon.toolband.xxx.index", 1);
user_pref("kmeleon.toolband.xxx.size", 203);
user_pref("kmeleon.toolband.xxx.visibility", true);

and extract them to the skin-file (txt with any extension).

Then we need create menu and or toolbar for skin selection (this can be made by myself) which
a) changes skin
b) injects skin prefs into KM
c) calls 'KM Restart' (the only dependency for this macro)

I think I can create all but the first part (extracting toolband settings). But I need advice about step b) in the last part: am I right when considering the easiest way to do this - simply copy skin.js (previously created) from skin folder to defaults\pref before restart?

Posted by: duffy98
Date: December 20, 2012 11:47AM

Hi rodocop

Just asking about the Klassic skin from the older version. I use that skin on KM 1.5.4 and the KM 1.6.0 version by JamesD that I downloaded. Any hope it might work in your newer version? I actually have installed it in your version and it seems to work OK for me. I can change back and forth to your "default" skin and Klassic.

Just want to add ... I have been posting about your work over at the MSFN Forum to make others aware of your work ... also my hope that someone ... who might be a coder or what you need might read about it and offer to get involved ... maybe one of the older "coders" will come back with new interest in your project.

MSFN Forum:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/158952-newer-version-of-k-meleon-just-released/

http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/19-software-hangout/

Best of luck on your "work in progress".

Date: December 20, 2012 03:14PM

Hi, duffy!

There is no problem to use any existing skin with KM Twin (even old ones for KM 1.1).
Now I'm looking for a way to easy save your skin config and then reuse it after skin change if any.

So, if I'll succeed (I hope with the help from JamesD) - then we'll get the opportunity to fast-save skin configs and easily change skins without toolbar crush.

Thank you for spreading a word about KM. What are the problem with ChromeFrame? Is it Win98 user?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2012 03:37PM by rodocop.

Date: December 20, 2012 04:58PM

rodocop ... hey, I see you joined and posted over at the MSFN Software forum. I'm glad you did that since you can explain things better than me.

tomasz86 has been working with Windows 2000 for some time now to have a new Windows 2000 SP "unofficial" update package sometime next year, I believe. Another member from Japan, blackwingcat also has current "unofficial" updates. So the problems tomasz86 had was with Windows 2000 Pro. ... just to add, anyone using Windows 2000, tomasz86 does have a current "unofficial" update package into Nov but it is not labeled SP ... it does have updates into Nov 2012 ... there may be something even newer, haven't checked in a few weeks. Anyone using Windows 98SE, a member PROBLEMCHYLD has recently completed a Windows 98SE SP package called 98SE SP 3.13 ...

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/61749-98-se-sp-313/page__st__2000

Posted 10 December 2012
I have found 2 minor bugs in 3.12. I have release 3.13. Main Updates has Not changed. The issues are minor, and you probably wouldn't notice them.
Mdac 2.8 and Windows Millennium Edition/Windows 2000 Theme option had the bugs. I have fix them.

PROBLEMCHYLD's latest version of U98SESP3.13 is HERE:

http://www.htasoft.com/u98sesp/

... lots of nice stuff going on over there.

also a good place for help with different OSs ...

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?

Glad to hear that "older" skins will still work ... I wasn't sure and I just went ahead in November and tried the Klassic skin ... I happen to like that particular skin, since I had used IE 5 and 6 for so many years.

thanks ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2012 05:18PM by duffy98.

Date: December 21, 2012 12:59AM

rodocop
So, if I'll succeed (I hope with the help from JamesD) - then we'll get the opportunity to fast-save skin configs and easily change skins without toolbar crush.

You never do things easy, do you? The problem comes from macros which may build and display toolbars. I am working on it. So far I have not found a pref with a listing of all the toolbar names. The VIEW - TOOLBARS menu has them. I just have to find where they come from. It may take some time.

Edit: @toolbars is a call to the binary and not available to the macro language.

JamesD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2012 01:10AM by JamesD.

Date: December 21, 2012 05:06AM

JamesD,
I understood.

Is there way in kmm or js to check if line contains some string and then extract this line to the file?

If not, then we'll leave this for future (I'll create text 'how-to' to make skin.js from prefs.js) and will manage only last part - injecting skin preferences for new selected skin and restart KM.

Now, I'm calling for Merlin! We need magicians to perform our magic ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2012 07:05PM by rodocop.

Date: December 21, 2012 11:09AM

@ rodocop

Wscript.exe can read the prefs.js file. Reading that as a flat file is not recommended by some developers. Perfs.js can be a very big file and you have to read every line and test against some value. My file is 470 lines and "kmeleon.toolband" items are only 11 of those lines. I will give it a try.

I cannot use $CONTENT = readfile( PATH ); because my file is 36 KB and readfile size limit is 32 KB.

Am I right in thinking that you want to change both 1.6 and 1.7 skins at the same time?

JamesD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2012 11:36AM by JamesD.

Date: December 21, 2012 07:05PM

JamesD
Am I right in thinking that you want to change both 1.6 and 1.7 skins at the same time?

This isn't the intention as no synchro between 2 Twins was set up.
The power of Twin KMs is - among other things - in using them for different sites or in different situations so we could suggest them to be configured diversely.

No, we are not going to change both skins at the same time, I think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2012 07:05PM by rodocop.

Date: December 21, 2012 07:07PM

rodocop
No, we are not going to change both skins at the same time, I think.

OK, that is a lot less work.

JamesD

Date: December 21, 2012 08:32PM

JamesD
OK, that is a lot less work.

I hope so!

Date: December 21, 2012 11:48PM

I finished the raw code for WScript a few minuted ago. Tomorrow I start testing on it. Still a lot of work to do on the kmm file, but the starting point is a complete list of toolbar names. That is what the js file and WScript is to provide.

JamesD

Posted by: adodupan
Date: December 22, 2012 05:27AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2016 07:39PM by adodupan.

Date: December 22, 2012 11:58AM

Hey adodupan ... I second that, I don't have a clue myself but I'm staying out of their way and just going to let them work! ... by the way, nice picture ... who is who ... which one is rodocop, which one is JamesD ???

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.