Other custom builds :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All the custom builds, made and/or maintained by users 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
K-Meleon 74beta ENG-RUS (Twin+ legacy)
Posted by: rodocop
Date: November 07, 2013 12:11AM

I'm glad to present you my new assembly, built on top of Dorian's new KM.

I've tried to fix all that can be fixed and add stuff that works in new KM.

There are two files to download - the only difference is the locale set up in omni.ja: K-MeleonE74 has en-US one and K-MeleonR74 - ru one.

What is in box?
1) Privoxy web-filter (managed from KM) as replacement for AdBlock Plus
2) Preferential as replacement for plain about:config (that don't work properly)
3) All stuff from JamesD 1.6beta2dot6 including magic SkinSwitcher!
4) Localized Preferences and Mozilla stuff - EN-US and RU locales respectively.
5) Ready settings for 2 skins (AuraAlpha Large and dbTango). Easy setting toolbars as 1-2-3!
6) added some simple and useful kmm-extensions that enhance usability
  • Open Domain
  • Open in SameTab
  • ImageOperations
  • ImageTab
  • Carry Session
  • Clean Redirect
  • Search Plus
  • Search Preview
  • Selection Source
  • Special Chars
and more...
7) added dictionary for Russian and English spelling (spellcheck works partly - it underlines wrong words but cannot suggest variants: this part needs some fix in dll-file)
8) ...to be continued... (as I'll remember something grinning smiley)

The news and short annotation (only on Russian at this time) and also download links are placed on The K-Meleon Place

Well? I can't leave you without immediate download here! tongue sticking out smiley
=================================================================
K-Meleon74beta EN and K-meleon74beta RU
=================================================================
Try and enjoy! This is the best what could be taken from new KM for now.

But we need to fix many things so Let' get ready to rrrrrrrrumble!!!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2013 10:30AM by rodocop.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon 74beta ENG-RUS (Twin+ legacy)
Posted by: panzer
Date: November 07, 2013 08:31AM

Thanx. ESET didn't try to block it ...

Date: November 07, 2013 11:35AM

Sorry guys, I've produced these files before seeing Dorian's update.

Now files are updated - so redownload them again please!

Posted by: kingsparrow
Date: November 07, 2013 04:32PM

Oh my, this is more than what I need, thanks Rodocop...............

Date: November 08, 2013 08:24AM

Talked too soon. Avast blocked keith.exe ... smiling smiley

Rodocop, could you add Startpage and Duckduckgo as search engines? When I tried to add them, Km crashed ...

Draging slidebar with a mouse doesn't work, I can move only with a wheel ...

Drag&drop pages into Km doesn't work ...offline pages can be only opened by File--> open.

Yahoo works fine.

Km74 is a little bit more prone to crashing than 1.7db+ version. It crashed twice in 40 minutes of usage, while 1.7+ crashes twice in three hours ...

That's all I have to say for now ...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2013 08:38AM by panzer.

Date: November 08, 2013 08:58AM

Sorry, Rodocop, I have only now seen that you have new version available ...

Date: November 08, 2013 01:21PM

yes, there are numerous in-built glitches some of them I've described here in forum (in 3 threads).

First of all, the new exe is more buggy than first one - so I've returned to the initial Dorian's version.

Bug with scrollbar is here from the first time of v74. So I suppose the best way now is to include all chrome parts into omni.ja and use kmeleon.exe from 03.11 not the newer one. Until Dorian recompiles it once again.

I have some added unstability while using second version with 2 places for chrome (folder in root directory and packed folder in omni.ja).

But for future it would be very nice to have both places working, so I beleieve in Dorian's genius!

Date: November 09, 2013 01:06AM

More bugs found:

- No Back/Forward buttons right-click history
- changing tabs and windows frequenly leads to fill clipboard with URLbar contents instead of what you've copied manually (really annoying!)
- toolbars aren't correctly sized when get locked. There are relatively big gap to the right of last button which can be changed only through about:config settings
kmeleon.toolband.ToolbarName.size - *** (size in pixels)
The newer kmeleon.exe version produces more glitches with that sizing.

I suppose there is need to recompile toolbars.dll

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2013 01:08AM by rodocop.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 10, 2013 02:35AM

@ rodocop

Do you know why I cannot use the macro command to open Notepad.exe in your E74 version?

exec("notepad.exe") ;

It works in Dorian's code but not in yours. I now see why you asked the question about History4me.txt. The records are getting written, but the menu item to open the file does nothing. The macro code is right, but Notepad.exe does not open. I ran several tests including the one shown above.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Posted by: Mala Okeh
Date: November 10, 2013 07:52AM

The reason is that the notepad.exe is empty = 0 kB. If you replace it with a working notepad.exe, everything will work.

Mala Okeh

Date: November 10, 2013 01:04PM

@ Mala Okeh

You are right. All fixed now. There is likely a good multi-language reason that rodocop ships a zero file. I only do English and I expected that Notepad would be in the "PATH" and not require anything else.

Thank you

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Date: November 10, 2013 01:24PM

rodocop
- changing tabs and windows frequenly leads to fill clipboard with URLbar contents instead of what you've copied manually (really annoying!)

This is likely the fault of History4me.kmm. The system currently uses the clipboard to pass the URL to History4me.exe so that every onload event copies the URL to the clipboard which overwrite whatever you had there.

Today, I am going to work on revising the system to pass the URL in the EXEC statement which should fix the problem. The macros.dll now allows a length of 1024 for the EXEC statement, so it should work with long urls.

JamesD

Date: November 10, 2013 01:33PM

I have no idea, folks, where is this 'zerosized' notepad.exe getting from!

And the simple deletion of it makes History4me work! Thank you for this note!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2013 01:34PM by rodocop.

Date: November 10, 2013 01:35PM

JamesD
This is likely the fault of History4me.kmm. The system currently uses the clipboard to pass the URL to History4me.exe so that every onload event copies the URL to the clipboard which overwrite whatever you had there

Great! Thank you for clarification and future update!

Date: November 10, 2013 01:45PM

A little investigation
About History4me once again:

My system has mark.exe as default plain-text editor registered as 'notepad'.
And every time I launch History4me it creates 'zeroed' notepad.exe fake jn KM root folder.

Such a replacement is something not very unusual, so James - it's very desirable to do something with kmm-logic smiling smiley

Well, I've deleted the replacement and all works great now! And there's no need in notepad.exe in KM root at all!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2013 02:12PM by rodocop.

Date: November 11, 2013 12:45AM

@ rodocop

Updated History4me is available. It does not use the clipboard.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/History4me.7z

If you edit the history4me.kmm file and replace "Notepad.exe" with "Mark.exe", does it work correctly?

What editor is used when you use menu items under EDIT - CONFIGURATION like Accelerators?

JamesD

Date: November 11, 2013 02:24PM

Thank you for update, James!

Answers:
1) It is mark.exe what is used to edit Configuration
2) The system doesn't know enough about mark.exe so simple replacement doesn't work
but
I was able to call mark.exe by path
and
then choosing Tools->History4me does open mark.exe but without history file inside.

I think the reason is my bad syntax (I can't fully understand right use of slashes and quotation marks in KMM-language, all this 'slash-shielding' paradigm).
My calling command looks like this:
exec("\"".$_tool_path."\\Mark.exe"\" \"".$_History4me_File_Path."\"") ;
Help me please to find a mistake.

Or, better, create, please, routine to choose text-editor if possible.smiling smiley

Date: November 11, 2013 03:47PM

@ rodocop

I also have trouble with all the "\" stuff. That is why I am going to suggest this method.

$_Mark_Path = $_tool_path . "\\Mark.exe";
exec("\"".$_Mark_Path."\" \"".$_History4me_File_Path."\"") ;

I tried Wordpad.exe but that is not included in the PATH environment. Should I try to find and include an editor in the package?

JamesD

Date: November 12, 2013 01:40AM

Here is a updated History4me file. With this one you can choose an editor other than Notepad. You may keep using Notepad or you may change editor or you can revert back to Notepad.

Does anyone have a status on KM 74 getting a working history.dll?

I really don't want to spend a couple of days working on the next enhancement only to find it will not be needed.

JamesD

Date: November 12, 2013 01:24PM

I think we wouldn't have native history unless the brand new kplugin will be coded from scratch again. Old ones are not compatible with new sqlite-database type.

So your work is invaluable now.

Speaking about text editor, I found AkelPad to be a good choice - small, portable and powerful (even more with plugins).

Date: November 12, 2013 04:13PM

@ rodocop

I tested with this one:
http://download.cnet.com/EDXOR/3000-2079_4-10549553.html

I will see if I can make something happen in the next day or so.

JamesD

Date: November 12, 2013 09:33PM

James,
it's not obvious but good idea to make history file open in... K-Meleon itself selecting it as editor grinning smiley

But this generates the next question:
is it possible to create html-file instead txt?

Or at least make records in txt file like this
<a hrеf="http://somelink.com">http://somelink.com</a>;

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2013 09:35PM by rodocop.

Date: November 12, 2013 10:22PM

rodocop

That is what I am working on now. Modeled upon this:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/KmmSearchH

JamesD

Date: November 13, 2013 05:46PM

I have upgraded the History4me system. Just a little testing done, but it seems to perform well. It provides links that you may use to return to a page in history.

The link is here:

You will have to discard your old History4me.txt file in your profile. This one contains more information.

JamesD

Posted by: BroderTuck
Date: December 12, 2013 09:03PM

JamesD

I tried Wordpad.exe but that is not included in the PATH environment.

The exe file for WordPad is actually called write.exe

Date: December 12, 2013 09:52PM

@ BroderTuck

That is good information to know. Thanks

Posted by: George Hall
Date: December 13, 2013 10:52PM

@ BroderTuck

You are inncorrect write.exe launches or redirects to wordpad.exe

When I opened the Accessories folder at the address C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessories it contained wordpad.exe not write.exe.

Date: December 14, 2013 01:03AM

The fact is that only one of the two methods is in the path. Calling exec("wordpad.exe"); gets you nothing. Calling exec("write.exe"); results in Wordpad starting.

If you use RUN then both calls result in Wordpad starting.

Posted by: Guest
Date: December 22, 2013 03:04AM

This is a very nice K-Meleon mod, works well! But where are the sources? Also why is this not in the main downloads? confused smiley

We should probably use github so people can easily keep track of forks. smiling smiley

Posted by: pjpw2320
Date: January 12, 2014 03:15AM

rodocop
yes, there are numerous in-built glitches some of them I've described here in forum (in 3 threads).

First of all, the new exe is more buggy than first one - so I've returned to the initial Dorian's version.

Bug with scrollbar is here from the first time of v74. So I suppose the best way now is to include all chrome parts into omni.ja and use kmeleon.exe from 03.11 not the newer one. Until Dorian recompiles it once again.

I have some added unstability while using second version with 2 places for chrome (folder in root directory and packed folder in omni.ja).

But for future it would be very nice to have both places working, so I beleieve in Dorian's genius!

rodocop

Is the scroll bar bug you refer to the same as I reported here yesterday? I was also using the first v74 when I encountered it.

Peter Wills

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.