Other custom builds :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All the custom builds, made and/or maintained by users 
updated variation : K-Meleon-S203
Posted by: Fred
Date: February 18, 2010 03:56PM

I have uploaded an updated unofficial variation K-Meleon-S203 .

Download at :

http://one.xthost.info/eichhein/K-Meleon-S203.zip

This is an experimental version, based on Gecko 1.9.1.9pre/20100205, from Seamonkey 2.0.3 pre.
I had to use Gecko from Seamonkey Tinderbox. This KM variation is based on KM-1.5.

My intention is to present an 1.9.1 variation that works in Windows, but also in Linux with wine, where the conditions to work are more difficult for K-Meleon than in Windows.

--Note : This version works only, if you have the files msvcp71.dll, msvcr71.dll and mfc71u.dll in your system or in your K-Meleon main folder. If you need these dll's, look for them in the Internet. If necessary in Linux, put them into the K-Meleon main folder. The profile will be created inside the K-Meleon folder. If in Linux you want it inside the ".wine" folder, because of user rights problems, rename the file profile.ini to profile.ini-renamed before the first start.
If you have starting problems, try to delete compreg.dat and xpti.dat in the folder components.
I have added these files, because in Vista earlier variations refused to build these files at the first start.

--Opera has been set as user agent, to avoid errors in complex webpages with insufficient browser recognition. In Linux the URL bar is only usable with more recent wine versions. If you are using an older wine version, use the URL button to open an URL prompt. A recent version of wine for Linux is preferable, to minimize possible crashes.

--A javascript button has been included. After changing permissions for javascript, reload the page.

--Many additional Search Engines in the menu bar, opening in a new window.

--A general startpage is already in the bookmarks.

--Keyboard shortcuts:

* Page back : (right)ctrl + left arrow
* Page forward : (right)ctrl + right arrow
* Close Window : (right)ctrl + down arrow
* Go to home : (right)ctrl + up arrow

Regards

Fred

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: updated variation : K-Meleon-S203
Posted by: 4td8s
Date: February 27, 2010 05:02PM

thanks Fred. and Ctrl+T hotkey is implemented into KM-SM2.03. nice!
also, FTP sites also work in it, unlike the KM 1.6.0a and KM-CCF ME 0.096.5pre versions I've recently tested.

Date: March 04, 2010 05:01PM

The download address for K-Meleon-S203
can now also be found on the page for
unofficial K-Meleons , here :

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/UKmeleon

Fred

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: March 22, 2010 05:55PM

thanks Fred. for the next release of K-Meleon-SM, you may want to change the predefined "user agent" strings for Firefox, Seamonkey, IE and Opera to more "modern" versions. I found out how to do this. Find the I10n.js file (I think it's in the \defaults\pref\ folder and edit it in Notepad.

I changed the following section:
----------------------------------
// Privacy

pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent1.name", "Firefox 2.0");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent1.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent2.name", "MSIE 7.0");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent2.string", "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1)");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent3.name", "Opera 9.23");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent3.string", "Opera/9.23 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en)");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent4.name", "SeaMonkey 1.1");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent4.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070802 SeaMonkey/1.1.4");

to look like this in K-Meleon-S203:
// Privacy

pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent1.name", "Firefox 3.5");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent1.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.8) Gecko/20100203 Firefox/3.5.8");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent2.name", "MSIE 8.0");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent2.string", "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1)");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent3.name", "Opera 10.00");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent3.string", "Opera/10.00 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en)");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent4.name", "SeaMonkey 2.0");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent4.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.9pre) Gecko/20100205 SeaMonkey/2.0.3");

then I restarted KM-S203 and voila, the newly modified user agent strings appear on the Tools, User Agent menu. sweet!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2010 05:56PM by 4td8s.

Date: March 23, 2010 02:18AM

Thank you for the suggestion.

Fred

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.