Other custom builds :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All the custom builds, made and/or maintained by users 
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
K-Meleon 74+1
Posted by: naruman
Date: June 26, 2014 05:55PM

New Km +1 Package based on final K-Meleon 74.7 .

Download:

K-Meleon74.7+1 [New]

Contain:

-fix some bugs.
-Add view page info.
-Add Add-ons Notification & permissions .

Notes :

-In this Package , extensions work in the form of Add-ons so it can be enable\disable or removed .
Also The old extensions folder stile work like "Beta4+1" with all other things .

Except that , i had to divided the package to two parts , core and add-ons..

All Add-ons in one folder.

Contain:

- Cacheviewer2 1.6
-Exexceptions- 11.01.11.01.
-Adblock plus 2.6.5 .[Not recommended for devices with low memory , use "bluhell firewall " better.]
- Add N Edit Cookies 0.2.1.3 .
-Google search to new tab page 1.0.2.
-OverbiteFF (Gopher protocol ).

Extract the Add-ons and install ( dreg ) them in km one by one.

====================================

Older versions:
---------------------------

is collection of all "K-Meleon 74+1" that i posted starting from K-Meleon 74 c+1 till now.

I had finally finish of create the Package i mentioned a few weeks ago .

Downloads:

K-Meleon74.0Beta4+1 [Old]
K-Meleon30+1 (Gecko 30) [Old]
Contain:

-Update the home page & change some ui.
-Add extensions "manifests" reader.
-fix "Print preview" .
-Add AdBlock-Plus.
-Update "useragent for site" .
-All the old macros & extensions from The "+1" packages .

Notes :
-Km now can see the extensions "manifests" [in "km\extensions" & "km\extensions\ 1st sub folder" ] every time you start it .
You don't need to create or edit "extensions.manifests" , and you can delete it any time & it will write itself .
-The Package still have unused file(till now) of ff.

I delayed the "restore last session" to the next update with some few new ideas to reduce time .

very Important:

"AdBlock-Plus" is taking a lot of resources and may cause freeze Km while opening pages,as some of its "filters" have very big list of data which use it when open any site.

So if have something like this :

-Click on its icon to disable it.
Or
-remove the filter and use customer way .

K-Meleon74 Beta2+1 >> info

k-meleon74d+1 >> info

k-meleon74c+1 >> Info
Fix1 >> info

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2014 06:18PM by naruman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon 74+1
Posted by: rodocop
Date: June 26, 2014 06:04PM

Let's rock!!!
Naruman, you are great dealer! ;-) Thank you!

Date: June 30, 2014 05:45PM

So a little testing report.

Naruman, you did great job but something goes wrong there. I've tried your builds on 2 my PCs - mostly of the same config (laptop&netbook ASUS, Win7 Ultimate, 2gb RAM, dual-core CPUs - CoreDuo T2130 on laptop and Atom N450 on netbook).

The trick is that the result is crucially different: on laptop it works good and all your stuff runs smoothly. On netbook KM has long hangups before loading any page, AdBlock freezes KM and PrintPreview never gets ready - both lead KM to crash with error in k-meleon.exe or xul.dll.

On russian software forum 2 comrades had tested it too - with the same result: one of them is happy with your new build and other comrade has only lags and hangs.

This isn't CPU only case as 'happy russian comrade' has only old P4 2800 CPU.

Date: June 30, 2014 05:47PM

I think the problem hides somewhere in your rootfolder\browser\chrome\browser - folder as both AdBlock and Print Preview depend on some js-components, placed there.

Posted by: guenter
Date: June 30, 2014 08:14PM

rodocop
I think the problem hides somewhere in your rootfolder\browser\chrome\browser - folder as both AdBlock and Print Preview depend on some js-components, placed there.

XP SP3 AMD CPU 2 GB RAM.

Visiting a special ebay page with adblock+ activated "Enable Everywhere" crashes 30+1 reliably on my machine. I can go there without "Enable Everywhere".

http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_odkw=Panzer+Foto&_ipg=200&_osacat=0&_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A4%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A5696&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xbeute+Panzer+Foto&_nkw=beute+Panzer+Foto&_sacat=0&_from=R40

When I am there I can activate the blocker somtimes. On that page IMHO there are no special items like flash that can crash browsers. Error console shows nothing that can cause any trouble.

The same deal with 24+1

Printing. It cannot print. I cannot print a XUL window. Or something like that.
Else freezes and then crash. Means to me that K-Meleon tries to use Firefox XUL for printing which does not work and usually crashes the browser.

No idea whether K-Meleon will be able eventually to use XUL instead of native windows mechanism to print.

p.s. On the page they offer historical pictures about an interesting not very much researched aspect of WW I and II history. "Beutepanzer". Literally captured or booty tank in German language has had one side meaning "captured tank pressed to (German) servive". There were complete Beutepanzer units equipped with such vehicles especially during WW I, when they outnumbered the German made ones. Most pictures that survived are however from WW II.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2014 09:34PM by guenter.

Date: June 30, 2014 10:43PM

On my laptop I can get print preview but I never tried to print it.

On my netbook even getting print preview fails and crashes KM (under 7) or simply fails - under XP.

Date: July 01, 2014 09:40AM

rodocop
On my laptop I can get print preview but I never tried to print it.

On my netbook even getting print preview fails and crashes KM (under 7) or simply fails - under XP.

Print and print preview work and cause no crash when You delete

./browser/components/KmeleonPrint.js & KmeleonPrint.manifest

In the older chromes all XUL files related to print where culled. I know - I did. tongue sticking out smiley

IMHO naruman tries to implement a permanent print solution now that prevents that Dorian has to invest time for each other version to get Print work again. So till he is finished we should recommend delete as work around when a user needs print immidiately.

I have not found work around or solution for adblock. People have to live with the problem that it causes problems on some pages. And they can deactivate it there. Now that we know it crashes the browser on some pages.

After all it is an extension by Wladimir Palant & a. and not part of the K-Meleon core. And it has become a commercial project of a German GmbH that helps to pay the bills and thus has influence. Compare acceptable adds as policy change.

Why include commercial items) If we do - we better include something that funds K-Meleon.org like - offer the default search position for hire at eBay. :drool:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2014 09:48AM by guenter.

Date: July 01, 2014 02:30PM

rodocop

The trick is that the result is crucially different: on laptop it works good and all your stuff runs smoothly. On netbook KM has long hangups before loading any page, AdBlock freezes KM and PrintPreview never gets ready - both lead KM to crash with error in k-meleon.exe or xul.dll.

On russian software forum 2 comrades had tested it too - with the same result: one of them is happy with your new build and other comrade has only lags and hangs.

This isn't CPU only case as 'happy russian comrade' has only old P4 2800 CPU.

In first , i want to thank you & the other comrades for testing km and try to help .
And i will look if there temp fix for AdBlock-Plus and netbook bugs.

guenter

Else freezes and then crash. Means to me that K-Meleon tries to use Firefox XUL for printing which does not work and usually crashes the browser.

Is print button not working too?

guenter
After all it is an extension by Wladimir Palant & a. and not part of the K-Meleon core. And it has become a commercial project of a German GmbH that helps to pay the bills and thus has influence. Compare acceptable adds as policy change.

I am already thinking in simple new way , but it will need some time to write it's code .

Date: July 01, 2014 08:06PM

naruman
guenter

Is print button not working too?

guenter

I am already thinking in simple new way , but it will need some time to write it's code .

XP SP3 2 GB RAM Athlon Laptop

1.) I reinstalled both versions. Sometimes things install unreliable.

30. Shows button print preview. So that part is ok and works now.

( Does that mean You have got a XUL button going? - That is a big step forward)

Sometimes goes through and show a preview i guess.

Page title says: about:print.

Sometimes hangs says preparing and page and stays there.
Says preparing for minutes.

Maybe I chose a wrong page? Obviously it must have worked on Your PC.

If it shows the about:print normally the print menue item does not work any more.

Now what I did next. I opened PaleMoon to compare. After selecting PrintPreview.

PM shows the same grey field shortly but then goes to the preview page.

So K-Meleon cannot yet call and use this next XUL item/page(about:print) with the preview. Or not reliably.

At least not on my PC. And sometimes KM hangs or crashes. Normal with new code.

Maybe that XUL can be called reliably if You hook the button/text You created in the menu to a K-Meleon macro that calls like e.g. the mimetypes macro for an independent K-Meleon XUL window

$OpenURL="chrome://kmprefs/content/pref.xul?filetypes"; &OpenURL_InNewWindow;

and then You add the page that is shown (You want to print) as a parameter.

Or is Your code doing that but my PC cannot do it?

p.s. (or one in a XUL frame? that is in K-Meleon's main window?
or a double/split XUL frame one part showing the XUL and the other part the page?)

24 When on about:print Error Printing Xul Pages is not supported.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2014 09:03PM by guenter.

Attachments: Palemoon.gif (29 KB)  
Date: July 02, 2014 01:58PM

I've tested PrintPreview finally.

So what I can say. Some pages work fine: they are previewed and printed correctly.

But sometime pages (mostly services or sites where I'm logged in) begin to relogin me (unsuccessfully in general) and preview is made from one frame or even fails, directing my page to one of the links, placed on page.

But I've found that simple 'Print' command also doesn't work flawlessly every time - one time printing to file resulted in KM crash.

I'll show you one (clickable) screeny with an example (sorry - this is russian site):

Date: July 02, 2014 02:05PM

One more example:
http://m.sovsport.ru/ - this is a mobile version of one of the russian sport sites.
It has about 160 links on the page and the one before last is the counter:

Trying to PrintPreview this page results in no PrintPreview window (nor in progress, neither the ready preview) but the page itself changes automatically to http://m.mobtop.ru/ - mobile version of that counter's site.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2014 02:06PM by rodocop.

Date: July 02, 2014 05:27PM

rodocop
I've tested PrintPreview finally.

So what I can say. Some pages work fine: they are previewed and printed correctly.

Can You give me an URL where the file chrome://browser/content/KmeleonPrint.xul which is called and exists (I even checked that it does - in order to locate the problem at/of my PC) is called by the Print Preview component does properly execute?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2014 06:46PM by guenter.

Posted by: BillH50
Date: July 13, 2014 12:52AM

I have been running km74 beta4 for a few days and find no problems running it on my 2.8ghzlaptop with Windows XP SP3 and 1gig ram. I find it uses less ram than firefox and is faster.
So far no problems other than finding out how to do some things but people on forums are very helpful.

Just want to say....keep up the good work!!!

Date: July 13, 2014 12:50PM

guenter,
I'm very sorry for not answering you so much time.

Try this link - that page is handled comparatively correct (almost the same result as PrintPreview in 1.6).

Posted by: chinarobin
Date: August 07, 2014 12:55AM

why delete all the downloads?sad smiley

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: August 07, 2014 12:58AM

chinarobin

Huh? The links in the first post still work for me.

Date: August 07, 2014 03:38AM

Zero3K
chinarobin

Huh? The links in the first post still work for me.

i downloaded before, but hard to open this site recently from CHN, if opened once in a while, it showed the file has been canceled for sharing. Don't konw why.

Posted by: kingsparrow
Date: August 07, 2014 03:57AM

i checked ealier it was ok, checked again when I saw your 2nd post, server could be down, but now it's working again..................

Date: August 08, 2014 02:55AM

adblock plus does consume a lot of cpu, and cause lag and freezing if subscribing the lists from the panel, but if copy the patterns from km1.6,it works almost fine and normal, which shows the list(only chinese list, without easylist) need new adblock plus version to subcrible new list. i cannot explain, but it does work for me on km74+1 and latest RCC,hope this could be some help for any of you that need this extension.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2014 12:47AM by chinarobin.

Date: August 08, 2014 09:38PM

rodocop
guenter,
I'm very sorry for not answering you so much time.

Try this link - that page is handled comparatively correct (almost the same result as PrintPreview in 1.6).

No problem. Overlooked Your answer too. Very sorry also.

Tested URL. 74 RC crashed when I asked to print Your test URL page.

I re-called session, called printer, printed and I post this answer at the same session. Odd.

Greetings my comrade, guenter

p.s. Use my mail if I do not answer post within two days. spasiba!
& спасибо for reading & answering my posts.smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2014 09:44PM by guenter.

Date: August 08, 2014 10:10PM

chinarobin
adblock plus does consume a lot of cpu, and cause lag and freezing if subscribing the lists from the panel, but if copy the patterns from km2.6,it works almost fine and normal, which shows the list(only chinese list, without easylist) need new adblock plus version to subcrible new list. i cannot explain, but it does work for me on km74+1 and latest RCC,hope this could be some help for any of you that need this extension.

Additional to Your post I remark on ABP:

naruman posted on this problem already. People can switch off ABP for hungry pages.

My solution that works for me (usually).

Try Blu Hell. Less hungry here. But no ABP white list. sad smiley

1.) Attatchment. rename to {6BB5760D-F97E-421B-AF5B-8457A90C3CED}.xpi

2.) Place to used profile/extensions/{6BB5760D-F97E-421B-AF5B-8457A90C3CED}.xpi

3.) Call about:addons and use.

p.s. Old ABP for 1.6 was less hungry initially but was bleeding RAM.
Loosing usable RAM.

You can probably add the newest version of ABP to any recent versions and flavors of 74.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,126206,128530,page=3#msg-128530

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2014 10:18PM by guenter.

Attachments: {6BB5760D-F97E-421B-AF5B-8457A90C3CED}.xpi.gif (47.2 KB)  
Date: August 09, 2014 12:43AM

guenter
chinarobin
adblock plus does consume a lot of cpu, and cause lag and freezing if subscribing the lists from the panel, but if copy the patterns from km2.6,it works almost fine and normal, which shows the list(only chinese list, without easylist) need new adblock plus version to subcrible new list. i cannot explain, but it does work for me on km74+1 and latest RCC,hope this could be some help for any of you that need this extension.

naruman posted on this problem already. People can switch off ABP for hungry pages.

Loosing usable RAM.

You can probably add the newest version of ABP to any recent versions and flavors of 74.

thanks, guenter.

i made it as you said, but it eats too much cpu for a longer time than

the 1.6 list, and nearly all the page loads quite slow on my computer,

so, i use all the files modified by naruman and 1.6 list(250kb), and

copy them to the latest rcc, works at least normally for me including

the whitelist. it's the list(1.3Mb) that cause the freezing problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2014 12:52AM by chinarobin.

Date: August 09, 2014 08:48PM

chinarobin

i made it as you said, but it eats too much cpu for a longer time than

the 1.6 list, and nearly all the page loads quite slow on my computer,

so, i use all the files modified by naruman and 1.6 list(250kb), and

copy them to the latest rcc, works at least normally for me including

the whitelist. it's the list(1.3Mb) that cause the freezing problem.

If it takes longer - my counsel is no good. sad smiley

p.s. Blu Hell works well on the pages I usually visit.

What I do not like about Blu Hell is: No white list.
& It is bad that this list seems to cause the freezing with ABP.

I feel that quaility pages must be able to raise money by advertizing.

Posted by: George Hall
Date: August 10, 2014 08:52PM

guenter
chinarobin

Loosing usable RAM.

If Adblock Plus is also a XPi file with its download name chnanged name chenged to {d10d0bf8-f5b5-c8b4-a8b2-2b9879e08c5d}.xpi, flash videos semm to load faster than having the extension extracted to the {d10d0bf8-f5b5-c8b4-a8b2-2b9879e08c5d} folder.

Next you will have to extracte its install rdf file, chnage it by includong the entry below so it will work with K-Meleon's Addon Manager, add add the entry below between thunderbird and the toolkit entry.

<em:targetApplication>
<Description>
<!--K-Meleon-->
<em:id>kmeleon@</em:id>
<em:minVersion>74.0</em:minVersion>
<em:maxVersion>74.0</em:maxVersion>
</Description>
</em:targetApplication>

Then, add the new chnanged install rdf file back into {d10d0bf8-f5b5-c8b4-a8b2-2b9879e08c5d}.xpi

Also, K-Meleon 74 will not recognize some extennsions unless you delete the startupCache folder from the User Profile before you startup the browser with a new extension in the User Prfile extensions folder.

Posted by: KMfan2
Date: August 11, 2014 07:58PM

Keep up the good work guys !

2 bugs in new release:

1. Sometimes when trying to grab right bar to scroll down it doesn't work !
2. Google left's sidebar it doesn't show ! (Eg. when searching for Images, in left there where options like Any tipe, Any size, Any color etc.)

Posted by: George Hall
Date: August 13, 2014 02:43AM

KMfan2
Keep up the good work guys !

2 bugs in new release:

1. Sometimes when trying to grab right bar to scroll down it doesn't work !
2. Google left's sidebar it doesn't show ! (Eg. when searching for Images, in left there where options like Any tipe, Any size, Any color etc.)

Sometimes deleting startupCache form the with an old profile fixes yhe problem with right bar expecially when a new updated gestures.dll is added to the kplugins folder.

Date: August 23, 2014 05:34PM

Greeting to all k-Meleon people.

In all the previous km versions there was a nasty bug which is that we cannot open or download add-ons files ".xpi" .

any way i did fix this bug , for now , km can download add-ons from it's site with no problem .
Also i still working on fix "install xpi" .

K-Meleon74.0Beta4+1 (Gecko 24)

[will fix also All km Gecko 24 versions by Dorian ]

K-Meleon30+1 (Gecko 30)
[will fix also km Gecko 30 by Dorian]

I keep it simple so it will not effect on any version Or cause bug at all .

notes:

Extract the file in km main folder with overwrite.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2014 05:38PM by naruman.

Date: August 26, 2014 08:03PM

Greetings to You. Thanks for Your omni.ja update.

Should not these fixes be finally after development phase be placed (maybe as overrides) in k-meleon's own ./browser/omni.ja? To prevent that it must be done
for each version?

Install extensions already got much easier due to Your work on it.

Many work out of the box but almost as many will never work or only when hacked by the K-Meleon users/devs. Even some that could work. But can autoselect the app - and there is no K-M options panel included. grinning smiley

p.s. I have made Your thread sticky until it becomes obsolete.
Hope that is ok. You can tell me when I must un-sticky it again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2014 08:56PM by guenter.

Date: August 27, 2014 08:37AM

guenter
Should not these fixes be finally after development phase be placed (maybe as overrides) in k-meleon's own ./browser/omni.ja? To prevent that it must be done
for each version?

I think that it will not be needed any more , as in the next update km will get & install "xpi" .

the last update was to stopping the" add-on Manager" from handling the xpi and treat it as any file else .

but after analyzing the big "add-on manager" code , i found out that "K-Meleon 74.0Beta 4+1" can install xpi directly :

Also i will try to reduce the size of the package or split it to extensions & core . And reduce the usage of resources and some other small things .

I still have some ideas about the extensions but it need to wait after full controlling the Add-on manager.

guenter
p.s. I have made Your thread sticky until it becomes obsolete.
Hope that is ok. You can tell me when I must un-sticky it again.

Thanks for your care.

Date: August 27, 2014 01:19PM

naruman

but after analyzing the big "add-on manager" code , i found out that "K-Meleon 74.0Beta 4+1" can install xpi directly :

Also i will try to reduce the size of the package or split it to extensions & core . And reduce the usage of resources and some other small things .

I still have some ideas about the extensions but it need to wait after full controlling the Add-on manager.

:cool:

You have come much further than I would have imagined or dared to hope already. smiling smiley

p.s. Who would have imagined such development for the K-Meleon project when we spend endless time to get at least some XUL extensions going for Dorian's static build of 0.8.2+1.8 GRE way back in 2004.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2014 07:08PM by guenter.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.