Other custom builds :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All the custom builds, made and/or maintained by users 
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Posted by: adodupan
Date: August 28, 2014 02:20AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2016 09:23PM by adodupan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon 74+1
Posted by: guenter
Date: August 28, 2014 07:14PM

adodupan
Dorian fixed that in the third beta, add-on manager works fine.
Do not wait, probably is better to show us your ideas now, what kind of control you need?

Look at the left picture naruman posted. naruman seems to install a XPI right into K-Meleon from an extension page. That is further than just installing. grinning smiley

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: August 28, 2014 08:21PM

guenter
adodupan
Do not wait, probably is better to show us your ideas now, what kind of control you need?

Look at the left picture naruman posted. naruman seems to install a XPI right into K-Meleon from an extension page. That is further than just installing. grinning smiley

You are mistaken since it has a local path being used as a url, not a remote one (via HTTP/HTTPS). So, he still has work to do.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: August 29, 2014 08:59AM

I'm not sure why you're so eager to install addon that may not work but, they install fine in kmeleon.

You need:
xpinstall.whitelist.add = addons.mozilla.org
xpinstall.enabled = true

Reset extensions.lastAppVersion
Restart kmeleon and they will install directly from the addons website.

The problem is that there is no permission manager for addons, and no notification when they are blocked.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2014 09:01AM by Dorian.

Date: August 30, 2014 12:19AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2016 09:22PM by adodupan.

Posted by: naruman
Date: August 30, 2014 01:46AM

adodupan

I don't think the "works fine" is the right word for the current statu of extensions\add-on manager even if it will work as it in firefox .

Zero3K
You are mistaken since it has a local path being used as a url, not a remote one (via HTTP/HTTPS). So, he still has work to do.

It work over internet too.

Dorian
I'm not sure why you're so eager to install addon that may not work but, they install fine in kmeleon.

In my mind , km will have three status:

1- Running add-on manager in its normal state (Like it in ff).

.... we can have addons but not fully using it (the current km status ).

2-Get all working extensions\addons in xpi form , with the "macros , skins ,.." inside the xpi files , on the km site.

.... Adding few function to add-on manager to extract & add files to it's locations .

3-The big jump , when we will get a really good channel "JS Bridge" between km tabs & xul\js .

....we could doing it by some components but it will take a lot of resources & js leaking.

....also add-on manager had to be able to create km macro for menus and toolbar icons from the xul\js code.

Dorian
The problem is that there is no permission manager for addons, and no notification when they are blocked.

It's not big thing "Addon manager" is already provided such events (Install,Download) with a lot of sub events ,so simple js component will set the permissions & show all notifications for km .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2014 03:36AM by naruman.

Date: August 30, 2014 05:57AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2016 09:22PM by adodupan.

Posted by: Mala Okeh
Date: August 30, 2014 08:19AM

@naruman

When I want to install xpi extensions the only popup window I get is what you see in the image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhr23vur21xnzkm/xpi_install.jpg?dl=0

Date: August 30, 2014 03:34PM

adodupan
Give me instructions, what notification? I believe, a good way is to show me how i can produce such notification in ff.

Remove addons.mozilla.org from the exceptions in the security pref.

Bootstrap extensions may work fine, except for the overlay.
Kmeleon would have to parse the overlays and adapt it to its interface when possible.

Date: August 30, 2014 05:23PM

It's a lot of wrongs for one post :mad:.

adodupan

Adding few function to add-on manager to extract & add files to it's locations - wrong. You should to forget a root folders. All action is in the folder profiles\...\extensions\ now. So far the only changes are a few new lines for disabled additions. This means hidden/disabled menus.

I not sure what you mean , But what i talk about it is :

1-either modify the moz module that handle xpi (it do the extracting its files & jar adding components, reg bootstrap ...) , just add function to extracting km files .

2- Or adding outer component to do that & running it with Install Listener (Listen to addon manager activity ).

adodupan

You need to be precise, i do not understand this (gBrowser?).

Not only gBrowser , it used by ff to get xul tabbrowser properties & functions .
Also we need to be able to pass arguments to xul from macros not just open it , maybe too calling js functions from macros if we could do that .

adodupan

naruman
....also add-on manager had to be able to create km macro for menus and toolbar icons from the xul\js code.

Wrong.

Need a lot of the work , yes , but wrong no .
If we have the good JS Bridge , getting the menus and toolbar not that hard .
we know the locations of it in ff ui , which it targeting (addon toolbar, menu of an element on the page , page menu , or tools menu )

adodupan

naruman be patient, wait for Dorian's response.

I know what is Dorian talking about ,as it was the first thing i have seen it when running addon not Working with G24 ,there was no notifications .

and as i said , addon manager provide a lot of events to listen to:

For addons: [ onEnabling, onEnabled, onDisabling, onDisabled, onInstalling, onInstalled, onUninstalling, onUninstalled, onOperationCancelled, onPropertyChange]

For Install [ onNewInstall, onDownloadStarted, onDownloadProgress, onDownloadEnded, onDownloadCancelled, onDownloadFailed, onInstallStarted, onInstallEnded, onInstallCancelled, onInstallFailed, onExternalInstall]

Mala Okeh
@naruman

When I want to install xpi extensions the only popup window I get is what you see in the image.

what you have is just downloading xpi by the last update, but the things we talking about will be in next one .

Dorian

Kmeleon would have to parse the overlays and adapt it to its interface when possible.

That will be large step for km .

Date: August 30, 2014 10:32PM

Mala Okeh
@naruman

You do nothing wrong. It is work in progress.

Currently You save the addon, unpack it, edit install.rtf, place addon into used profile and THEN K-Meleon adds it. (If You are lucky - else no, or the addon is installed but does not work.)

Several how twos posted in the forum.

@ naruman, for information only. Download-fix does not work in all versions. Never mind. It does not matter to which version all is finished. It will be a long way.

Your work has already made things very easy as compared with 10 years ago.smiling smiley

You have come so far that it does not matter much whether all will work eventualy.

As Dorian indicated, not all extensions will work. Users will complain if they do not. sad smiley - Neither do they all work on all Firefox and SeaMonkey etc. versions. So that is normal.grinning smiley

For the 1.x series a proof of concept, existing installer for SeaMonkey only addons was not added to official versions. Because not all would work and people would have complained. Meanwhile it has become normal that not all works...grinning smiley

I have added the chrome strings that You use additionally to what the official versions uses to the German de.jar in locales for the next update. Hope nobody will object.

kml: Can You please create a *.kml (of all the strings used) for each *.kmm?

We translators are no devs and maybe can not find all strings.

Dorian
I'm not sure why you're so eager to install addon that may not work

Because they are there and we want to know.... whether they work. grinning smiley

And maybe they will be usable like the Google bar extension for Your 0.8.2+. smiling smiley

mfG

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2014 11:07PM by guenter.

Posted by: dugbugoffice
Date: August 30, 2014 11:04PM

I am working on a KMFILES kit for the latest K-Meleon types.
I don't plan to make a full "K-Meleon 74-db" types

The KMFILES kit should do the job.
If I can get Noscript to work on the new K-Meleon
than I might put something together or have it in with the
KMFILES kit.

I would like to see an option to turn off the
"layout.css.visited_links_enabled" set to FALSE option!

Why?
http://ha.ckers.org/weird/CSS-history.cgi

I think that would be a good option for K-Meleons security settings!

Anyway it's good to see K-Meleon come back!
Keep it light
Why?
"Safari has advanced power-saving technologies built in. So you can do all the things you want to do on the web, without worrying about draining your battery."
http://www.apple.com/safari

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2014 07:14PM by dugbugoffice.

Date: August 31, 2014 08:31AM

dugbugoffice

If I can get Noscript to work on the new K-Meleon
than I might put something together of have it in with the
KMFILES kit.

1.) Addon Noscript does work IMHO. Just tested the interfaces.

Download, unpack, add

<em:targetApplication>
<Description>
<!--K-Meleon-->
<em:id>kmeleon@</em:id>
<em:minVersion>74.0</em:minVersion>
<em:maxVersion>74.0</em:maxVersion>
</Description>
</em:targetApplication>

to the addon's install.rdf, place addon into ./usedprofile/extensions, go about:addons, configure options. You add for user PC install via browser/defaults/profile...

For RC2 and later the ID changes to {944df56f-c0ec-4d7b-94b6-f625c8cc96ea}

2.) You'd change one of the toggle macros to toggle this/Your pref value.

3.) If You want to add it to the k-meleon pref panel.

This goes into the XUL file.

<!-- CSS Visited Style -->
                          <groupbox>
                            <caption>
                                <label>&csslinks.warning;</label>
                            </caption>
                            <separator class="thin"/>
                            <description>&warn.descriptioncss;</description>
                            <checkbox id="layout.css.visited_links_enabled" label="&warn.visitedlinkscss;" oncommand="toggleCheckbox(this.id)"/>
                            <separator class="thin"/>
                        </groupbox>
                        <!-- CSS Visited Style -->

This goes at the bottom of the corresponding dtd file.

<!-- Tracking By Visited Links CSS -->
<!ENTITY csslinks.warning "Tracking By Visited Links CSS Style">
<!ENTITY warn.descriptioncss "The CSS style for visited  links is enabled by default and can be used to track users.">
<!ENTITY warn.visitedlinkscss "Remove check to switch off style visited links">

Example shows it added to pref-encryption.xul and pref-encryption.dtd respectively.

I tested that it toggles the pref value in about:config - but no more.

mfG

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2014 10:52AM by guenter.

Attachments: Tracking CSS Style.gif (25.9 KB)  
Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 31, 2014 12:06PM

dugbugoffic

Why?
http://ha.ckers.org/weird/CSS-history.cgi

I think that would be a good option for K-Meleons security settings!

I tried that site with KM 74 RC u3 and no track of where I had been was displayed. Perhaps I did the test wrong? I visited each site in the list, returning to the original page after each visit. I then clicked on the link for the check of where I had been. I only could see "The following sites were visited:". The pref layout.css.visited_links_enabled is set to true in my system.

Date: August 31, 2014 07:03PM

I have a new KMFILES kit for the newer K-Meleons now.

I have a new KMFILES made for the
K-Meleon 74 RC+ Release Candidate types.
And the old KMFILES is still running.
The difference is in some settings that are not
runable on the newer K-Meleon Cache, skins etc.

Info on how to put in the files is in the KMFILE download.

http://www.angelfire.com/bug/dugbuglas2/Download.html

To place these files in K-meleon go to:
"Edit" then "Configuration" then "User-Defined Macros" & place the files in there.
This will not work in the new K-Meleon being that file is not there.

If you can not find your profile in Vista etc you could instal K-Meleon again
under another name and before you start it make a file called "Macros" in the
K-Meleon program file "Browser, defaults , profile" then last the "macros" file.
Then put the KMFILES in there.
And start K-Meleon this will place the KMFILES in your profile when you start.

Place the files in order, as in starting with the "1-Speed" setting, then the "2-Cache" settings, etc.
1,2,3, etc... This will make it easy putting the settings in order.

You will need to place the Macros in each profile you have.
Skins go in the skins folder.

Date: August 31, 2014 07:13PM

NoScript works? Cool
I will look in to it.

Next target!

"Secret Agent
Continuously Randomizes your Firefox/SeaMonkey HTTP User Agent, to Suppress Device Fingerprinting, and Resist Web Tracking. Also Prevents eTag Tracking."

https://www.dephormation.org.uk/?page=81

Now is that a K-Meleon or what! I think K-Meleon needs to go with it's name.
But thats me!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2014 07:13PM by dugbugoffice.

Date: August 31, 2014 09:06PM

dugbugoffice
NoScript works? Cool
I will look in to it.

Next target!

"Secret Agent
Continuously Randomizes your Firefox/SeaMonkey HTTP User Agent, to Suppress Device Fingerprinting, and Resist Web Tracking. Also Prevents eTag Tracking."

https://www.dephormation.org.uk/?page=81

Now is that a K-Meleon or what! I think K-Meleon needs to go with it's name.
But thats me!

1.) See this post for an easy way to download & install FF extensions and You will look in to it faster.

2.) "Secret Agent" downloads as php. Change mimetype php to xpi and locally intstall.

Preferences are accessible but the extension does not seem to work.

I checked via K-Meleon's about: and via www.browserspy.dk.

But maybe You have better luck and know the correct settings.

BTW. It was the same deal with another extension that does Browser Agent String switching.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2014 09:14PM by guenter.

Attachments: Zwischenablage02.gif (27.6 KB)  
Date: September 01, 2014 03:11PM

guenter

I will do that , but it had to wait a little till i delete some deadweight files from the new update.

Date: September 01, 2014 03:58PM

naruman
guenter

I will do that , but it had to wait a little till i delete some deadweight files from the new update.

I did not mean tomorrow or any time soon. smiling smiley

I meant generally and eventually - the improvements that will become official one day will IMHO need it. But its also nice if extensions that do not become official can be translated by people that are users not developers.

mfG & Thank You for reading my post.

Date: September 03, 2014 09:18PM

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2016 09:21PM by adodupan.

Posted by: kewe1
Date: September 06, 2014 04:42AM

I tried to report a bug but the bug reporting wouldn't work for me.

my website not showing correctly on new download of 74, which I just downloaded website shows okay on old 1.5.4 and firefox and IE

website thewe.cc

top of page is blank on left side, this I believe is because I have a table at the top with an align="right" which allows the left section to appear at the side. 74 is not allowing this? Only the right section is showing. The left section is now below the table and can be seen if scrolled down. I do my own html programming. no javascript. I am only fluent in html and css so have no idea how to suggest changing 74. This is the old way of setting up a html page but it still works, all the browsers recognise align="right" in a table.

If you can make a bug report appreciate it.

Thanks Kewe430@thewe.cc

Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 06, 2014 12:23PM

@ kewe1

I am using KM 74 RC with update 3 and I can see your site just fine. I had to make sure that I had Javascript enabled and I had to click on the "Flash" symbol to get past flashblock. One I did those two things your site looks the same as on my IE 11.

Bye the way your URL is http://www.thewe.com/ and the falling bubbles from the bottle are a nice touch.

Date: September 06, 2014 06:17PM

kewe1
I tried to report a bug but the bug reporting wouldn't work for me.

my website not showing correctly on new download of 74, which I just downloaded website shows okay on old 1.5.4 and firefox and IE

website thewe.cc

top of page is blank on left side, this I believe is because I have a table at the top with an align="right" which allows the left section to appear at the side. 74 is not allowing this? Only the right section is showing. The left section is now below the table and can be seen if scrolled down. I do my own html programming. no javascript. I am only fluent in html and css so have no idea how to suggest changing 74. This is the old way of setting up a html page but it still works, all the browsers recognise align="right" in a table.

If you can make a bug report appreciate it.

The website is http://thewe.cc/ ok?

Well it looks normal in IE 6 and K-Meleon 1.5.4.

But what Firefox do You mean?

FF 24esr and Nightly 34a1 show it the same way as 74.

Left to right. 1.5.4, 74, Commodo a Chrome variant, FF esr 24, Slimjet has Chrome engine. I also switched on some other which are not on the screenshot.

Summary. My contemporary browsers all show the page like 74.

Your page codes should be updated to also include support for current browser engines.

p.s. HTML pages should IMHO have only h, p (both with class for differnt types), br, lists, div elements or maybe table elements instead of div, plus the pics/objects You need. The rest should be located in an external css. That way You can easily test changes of the style, until it works with all or most browsers.

For this only HTML and CSS is needed. Nothing of that fancy JS they use now.

Maybe look here. http://www.fuehrerschein-mpu.org/ I will remove the link later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2014 07:22PM by guenter.

Attachments: Zwischenablage01.gif (89.5 KB)  
Posted by: 4td8s
Date: October 02, 2014 01:52AM

K-meleon 74 was finalized near the end of September.

will naruman release an updated version of KM 74+1 to match the final release of KM 74?

Date: October 18, 2014 07:30PM

I add a new K-Meleon 74+1 Package based on final K-Meleon 74.7 .

Date: October 19, 2014 02:27PM

Thank You! Especially for the working error console2. It will help with current plus future XUL development and fixing (even for me that knows so little).

This combination or Your work & Dorina's 74.0 will IMHO be my personal browser of choice for much future time.

BTW. (& I thank You, Dorian, especially and most of all, that this browser still exists after so many years without any other c+ dev - but You - who cares to support it by codes and perhaps uses it!)

sincerely - guenter

p.s. I will try to create an adequate translation soon. Hope I will have success.

I will possily be too lazy to translate all. sad smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2014 03:31PM by guenter.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: October 21, 2014 10:41AM

Great job, naruman!

Could I ask you to create standalone package with all files, needed to add your beautiful UA-selector in order to add this to other assemblies of KM?

And please explain how you get macros working from xpi?

Date: October 21, 2014 04:05PM

Do you know why the thumbs are not working in about:newtab ?

Date: October 21, 2014 05:31PM

guenter
p.s. I will try to create an adequate translation soon. Hope I will have success.

I'm working on collect the files & some translation .

rodocop
Could I ask you to create standalone package with all files, needed to add your beautiful UA-selector in order to add this to other assemblies of KM?

Try This one

rodocop
And please explain how you get macros working from xpi?

In this part Dorian already did all the work , i just add one line to remove some error on console.
In general it's like any other 'kmm' file but with the name 'load.kmm' .
But Build Toolbar wont work at least for me , i think because it run at 'content-document-global-created' , also you don't need to "$OnInit" to create menus .

Dorian
Do you know why the thumbs are not working in about:newtab ?

mozilla use "Canvas" element to creat the Thumbs .
It creat it in every page at loading then use it to take snapshot of the page then store it in local folder as images .
The module "PageThumbs.jsm" is used to handle this images , calling, store , life time ...
the problem its need xul ui , so it need to rewrite for km .
I managed to create "Canvas" for the pages at loading ,but didn't have the time to rewrite PageThumbs module .

Anyway ,if this run well we could use it for 'tabs Previews' too with some work.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: October 26, 2014 12:18AM

Thank you, naruman, for all you do!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.